Cowherds top 10 AFC qb’s. Allen at #5.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I swear he was just getting trashed here about a week ago for some awful opinion, but unfortunately can't find it. Even with this praise Cowherd is an insufferable dork that should be ignored.

It was for his top 5 arm talents list( the graphics team messed up as it was supposed to be top 5 players who throw the most catchable passes)

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

You are on crack. Good luck with all that. 

13 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

You started off great...#1 through #3 is accurate.  After that, you got all Jetsy (this is a term to accept in your life until [if] you ever have a competent coach and GM again.)

Essentially, no matter how much you hope and wish, you'll end up with a Butt Fumble.

As Bills fans, we get it. Your best QB in the last 20 years was Chad Pennington or Mark Sanchez. You had a wet dream when Christian Hackenburg was drafted. You forgot that Sam Darnold had a dozen great college teammates and looked great against Western Idaho online's freshman junior college practice squad.

The Bills were similiar until a few years ago except we had GREAT fans, Buffalo Wings  and actually played in New York.

The Bills are heading up. The Jets are heading nowhere.

We accept that this sucks.  Please go back to you AOL dial-up account, watch some end-of-career Favre "big moment" interceptions, or go for a walk.

While doing so, please respectfully socially distance yourself from our Bills Board. 

Sincerely,

Bills Mafia

• Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I didn't know that anybody even paid attention anymore to Cowherd. He has constantly trashed the Bills and Buffalo in the past and now he's changing his tune because he doesn't want to look bad. What a POS

I'm no Cowherd fan, but changing your position when the facts and the situations change isn't just smart, it's what intelligent people should do.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait, he said Allen is the only NFL QB to not complete a pass that traveled 35 yards or more in the air.

Ummm????

Did he mean from the LOS?

Completion means from the LOS to the tackle. Air yards means from the LOS to the catch site.

If a QB ran backwards 40 yards in a scramble and threw a completion caught one yard beyond the LOS, nobody would call that 41 air yards or a 41 yard gain or a 41 yard completion. Even though if you look at it literally it absolutely travelled 41 yards in the air. Nobody calculates things that way in football terms. Every way of calculating passes starts at the LOS.

That Brown play in your second example was 34 air yards and a 40 yard completion.

In your first example the picture isn't great but it appears to be made at the 22 or 23, and the LOS is the 47, which makes it a 53 yard touchdown that was about 31 or 32 air yards.

EDIT:  Next Gen Stats has one called LCAD which does refer to distance from hand to hand, but I don't think anyone else uses that measure.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Guys (real Bills fans), I mentioned the other day a person going to another teams website with the posts he is constructing is simply to get a rise out of others.  Not worth addressing his messages so if you want him to go away, just ignore these posts.  

Im happy Cowherd rated Allen and McD high, but somewhat surprising as he usually has some off the wall takes.  I do appreciate the Op for posting the clip so thanks.

16 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you've always had quite the agenda there ive noticed. I don't really understand it.

I can say the same to you.  

I will gladly eat crow if LJ is the GOAT in 5 years.   I don't see this repeated gimmick working long term.  

and please refrain from using the word Agenda.   It is sooo untrue.  

16 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

could be last year was LJ's "pop" year.  Or maybe he's really that good.  Like Allen, we wont know for another season or two.

It could.  He could be and Time will tell.

I don't CROWN players instant successes or failures on a whim.  

Example ....  Faker Mayfield.   He Broke Rookie Records IIRC.

And last year with "more" weapons....  what happened?  

Right now my opinion is that LJ is TT 2.0.   

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I can say the same to you.  

I will gladly ear crow if LJ is the GOAT in 5 years.   I don't see this repeated gimmick working long term.  

Same to me? I have no agenda when it comes to LJ. I guess you could say I have an agenda on calling out crappy takes on players. All he’s done is win games and win an MVP with a historical type season. I was completely wrong on him coming out. I thought he would be nothing. He’s already proved everyone wrong. He just freaking won an MVP dude. Your constant bagging on him is silly. It literally makes no sense. 

and the only way you’ll eat crow is if he turns into the GOAT? That’s honestly just ridiculous . It basically means your mind is made up no matter what he does. It’s clear there’s an agenda here and you obviously can’t talk rationally about him. Don’t you live in that area? I’m sure that has something to do with it. I’m overly touchy about the “stillers” having lived around their fans my whole life. 

This is sort of like that @Yav character that constantly bags on mahommes and won’t even put him in his top five qb’s. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

didn’t know you were such an Andy Dalton fan 

I remember why I literally havnt engaged with you in over a year. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Same to me? I have no agenda when it comes to LJ. I guess you could say I have an agenda on calling out crappy takes on players. All he’s done is win games and win an MVP with a historical type season. I was completely wrong on him coming out. I thought he would be nothing. He’s already proved everyone wrong. He just freaking won an MVP dude. Your constant bagging on him is silly. It literally makes no sense. 

and the only way you’ll eat crow is if he turns into the GOAT? That’s honestly just ridiculous . It basically means your mind is made up no matter what he does. It’s clear there’s an agenda here and you obviously can’t talk rationally about him. Don’t you live in that area? I’m sure that has something to do with it. I’m overly touchy about the “stillers” having lived around their fans my whole life. 

This is sort of like that @Yav character that constantly bags on mahommes and won’t even put him in his top five qb’s. 

You have more of an agenda that I do.  Let it go.   Don't be a Teddy.  

RE Patrick Mahomes, sure I was just as skeptical about Pat after year 1.   He continued to play at a high level in the passing game.  

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s not my fault you’re going nuts over someone whose never won a single playoff game ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Going nuts over it. Right. That’s what it is. 

I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever seen you contribute anything of actual substance on this forum. talk to you in a couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Going nuts over it. Right. That’s what it is. 

I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever seen you contribute anything of actual substance on this forum. talk to you in a couple of years. 

Deep breaths.    This isn’t a playoff game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You have more of an agenda that I do.  Let it go.   Don't be a Teddy.  

RE Patrick Mahomes, sure I was just as skeptical about Pat after year 1.   He continued to play at a high level in the passing game.  

Easy now. I offer actual thoughts that are longer than the one liners that offer nothing to a convo(unlike ted). 

and bro. You go out of your way to take pot shots at LJ any chance you get. I’ve skipped over it numerous times without even commenting. I finally decided to bring it up after months and months and your response is “No it’s YOU that has the agenda!” . What? Seriously? 

Anyhow. Moving on....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm no Cowherd fan, but changing your position when the facts and the situations change isn't just smart, it's what intelligent people should do.

He's a big mouth radio talking head that states his opinion like fact so he's not intelligent for change, he's pandering

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t get worked up about what most people in these positions say one way to the other. Just thought it was an interesting segment. Colin seems to be a BILLiever. I think Allen has a shot to move up this list by one or two slots over the course of the season. I’m skeptical that Big Ben just comes in and plays at a borderline probowl level. And watson doesn’t have his jump ball guy anymore. 

I would assume the heads of the fans from the other 3 AFC east teams would explode watching Allen go so high on this list. Haha. 

I would swap Watson and Jackson and I think Ben at 4 is right but with an asterisk. Allen at #5 was bang on in my view.