9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

So by what metric is Mayfield better than Allen? He had more offensive weapons, a better supporting cast, and still lost more games and threw 12 more interceptions than Allen. 12!!!

My list would look like this:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Allen

6) Mayfield

7) Darnold

8 ) Newton

9) Carr

10) Rivers

11) Tannehill

12) Lock

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Minshew

15) Taylor

? (Can't delete this stupid emoji)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

I think Carr has regressed a lot over the years. Until he proves otherwise, I think he's below or even with Minshew. Tannehill's last season was magical. Based on last year, I think your slot is aacurate, but based on his career I think he's down a couple slots. I think the rest of the list is bang on based on what we know now.

• Like (+1) 1

Jets fan, Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, ????? how does one be a jets fan and have self respect?? Asking for a friend....

4 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

You are taking trolling to the next level. Whether you're here for irritation or useful knowledgeable banter is debatable. Personally I'd be upset as well if I saw my rivals build their team in a competent and sustainable manner while my team continues to implode with over paid useless FAs, a clueless HC and players who just want to jettison the dumpster fire the Jets are to date. Shame really because I like Darnold and think he'd be really good in the right organization.  His developmental years are being ruined under that regime. Hopefully once his contract expires he can go elsewhere and thrive.

Edited by billsbackto81

3 hours ago, MJS said:

So by what metric is Mayfield better than Allen? He had more offensive weapons, a better supporting cast, and still lost more games and threw 12 more interceptions than Allen. 12!!!

My list would look like this:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Allen

6) Mayfield

7) Darnold

8 ) Newton

9) Carr

10) Rivers

11) Tannehill

12) Lock

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Minshew

15) Taylor

? (Can't delete this stupid emoji)

I think I am pretty much with you on this list for the most part.  I actually think I would put Darnold and Newton right now above Mayfield, and I am a guy who felt Mayfield was the top QB (Allen #2) coming into that draft and thought he had the best rookie year by far.  But last year he regressed with supreme levels of talent around him, albeit also bad coaching staff.  

So while I think Baker has a very high ceiling still, going off the most recent bodies of work, I feel like he was regressing and I think Darnold has the edge on the rankings list by a slim margin right now over Baker.  And while I know Cam is not certainly the MVP Cam today, he is not that old, and people writing him off this early to me is premature.  I don't know what he will look like in NE, but I do know that a healthy Cam is likely still a better QB than Darnold or Baker right now.  So I would go simply move Newton to 6 and move Baker to 8.  Other than that, I think the list is pretty solid where there are some guys in the bottom parts people can spilt hairs over.

Your top 5 is how I would list them too.  Big Ben is a question mark, but his play not he field had still been top 10 before the injury.  So until he shows the decline on the field, that Steeler team has a lot of talent and I think Big Ben should put up a pretty good season.  The major question mark for me with him is can he stay healthy.  

PS:  I think Minshew is the second coming of FitzCrapTrick...a guy who can wow you one game and then lose you the next game.  I think he is going to be the next "poor mans" Favre guy like Fitz was kind of labeled his whole career...a gunslinger without the talent to reach Farve like success.  A guy players like, but will never be lock down starter and instead be a fun backup that will get chances around the league when teams start to rebuild and groom highly drafted QB's.    He is young, so obviously, its just an opinion, and he can certainly prove that wrong.  But he reminds me of Fitz when I watched him play.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

PS:  I think Minshew is the second coming of FitzCrapTrick...a guy who can wow you one game and then lose you the next game.  I think he is going to be the next "poor mans" Favre guy like Fitz was kind of labeled his whole career...a gunslinger without the talent to reach Farve like success.  A guy players like, but will never be lock down starter and instead be a fun backup that will get chances around the league when teams start to rebuild and groom highly drafted QB's.    He is young, so obviously, its just an opinion, and he can certainly prove that wrong.  But he reminds me of Fitz when I watched him play.  

Fitzpatrick when he is on leads teams to wins you would not expect.  If I was a head coach he would be my emergency "break glass" weapon.

The good news for Minshew is he is unattached and if he is careful he will be able to milk his career into being a ladies' man, opposite of Fitpatrick who will likely be married when he is eligible for NFL PHOF Senior Selection.

• Haha (+1) 1

So he's saying, starting tomorrow, and he's very much including the QB's current situation.

That would certainly make it reasonable for him to be ahead of Darnold and Fitz.

That's still high for me, but not wildly unreasonable.

He's clearly wrong when he says they had no deep threat last year. Brown was wide open over the top and overthrown a good 5 - 7 times last year. He is a terrific deep threat though that part of his game was wasted last year.

He puts Allen ahead of Cam basically because the defense is better in Buffalo. And he doesn't like Cam's injury history. With those criteria, again, not wildly unreasonable.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think I am pretty much with you on this list for the most part.  I actually think I would put Darnold and Newton right now above Mayfield, and I am a guy who felt Mayfield was the top QB (Allen #2) coming into that draft and thought he had the best rookie year by far.  But last year he regressed with supreme levels of talent around him, albeit also bad coaching staff.  

So while I think Baker has a very high ceiling still, going off the most recent bodies of work, I feel like he was regressing and I think Darnold has the edge on the rankings list by a slim margin right now over Baker.  And while I know Cam is not certainly the MVP Cam today, he is not that old, and people writing him off this early to me is premature.  I don't know what he will look like in NE, but I do know that a healthy Cam is likely still a better QB than Darnold or Baker right now.  So I would go simply move Newton to 6 and move Baker to 8.  Other than that, I think the list is pretty solid where there are some guys in the bottom parts people can spilt hairs over.

Your top 5 is how I would list them too.  Big Ben is a question mark, but his play not he field had still been top 10 before the injury.  So until he shows the decline on the field, that Steeler team has a lot of talent and I think Big Ben should put up a pretty good season.  The major question mark for me with him is can he stay healthy.  

To me Mayfield and Darnold are very close and easily interchangeable.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Personally I'd be upset as well if I saw my rivals build their team in a competent and sustainable manner while my team continues to implode with over paid useless FAs, a clueless HC and players who just want to jettison the dumpster fire the Jets are to date. 

Dude, we had met the enemy and they was us.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

Well, you are a Packe...I mean, Jets fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this list going into this season. I do think there is a good chance this list changes dramatically over the next year as some of those players are old (Big Ben and Rivers), most likely plateaued (Tannehill and Carr), or getting progressively worse (Newton). Mayfield, Allen, and Darnold all have a chance to be top 3-5 on this list by the end of the season as long as they don't regress.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Dude, we had met the enemy and they was us.  

So you want to take the high road and just acknowledge the "we've been there" approach? Commendable but I don't share the same sentiment. If Josh can lead this team to a title I will let every other fan base know who the current reigning champs are every single day until opening day the following season. With all the grief and insults over the past 20 years it will be rightfully warranted.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Jets fan, Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, ????? how does one be a jets fan and have self respect?? Asking for a friend....

Lets not bash him too much, people were probably saying that about us up until 3 years ago.

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I didn't know that anybody even paid attention anymore to Cowherd. He has constantly trashed the Bills and Buffalo in the past and now he's changing his tune because he doesn't want to look bad. What a POS

I swear he was just getting trashed here about a week ago for some awful opinion, but unfortunately can't find it. Even with this praise Cowherd is an insufferable dork that should be ignored.

• Awesome! (+1) 1