Bills give STHers option to opt-out for 2020 while maintaining seniority and seat location

RiotAct

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Leaning towards to opt out refund for me.

Limited fans, I would expect no tailgating. Maybe my whole group cant go to a game together. No thanks, I'd rather use that money myself this year and come back in 2021 

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Leaning towards to opt out refund for me.

Limited fans, I would expect no tailgating. Maybe my whole group cant go to a game together. No thanks, I'd rather use that money myself this year and come back in 2021 

I'll be doing the same.  

I think I’m gonna go with the account credit. I’m 3/4 paid up anyways, I’m luckily not in dire need of the funds elsewhere and I’d kick myself all the way down the road If by some miracle we were playing a home playoff game this year with some fans in the stands and I wasn’t one of them. Plus, when next year rolls around I’ll be almost fully paid up and it will be like finding a bunch of money in the couch! 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I think I’m gonna go with the account credit. I’m 3/4 paid up anyways, I’m luckily not in dire need of the funds elsewhere and I’d kick myself all the way down the road If by some miracle we were playing a home playoff game this year with some fans in the stands and I wasn’t one of them. Plus, when next year rolls around I’ll be almost fully paid up and it will be like finding a bunch of money in the couch! 

Ditto. I'm all paid up so I'm going to let it roll and hope there's a chance to see one game live.

• Like (+1) 2

I asked for a refund. I prefer my money in my pocket rather than in someone else's pocket. Here in Canada, airline companies offered only a credit, no refund. They now owe me thousands on $'s. I lost my deposit on a vacation rental. It was 2 grand. I trust no business right now. Until Covid-19 is over, I'm not interested in credits. Give me back my cash. I'll handle it myself. Bankruptcies are just starting.

• Like (+1) 4

Options stink, but I figured they’d do something like this.

The thought of them holding my money interest free for a year is very annoying to me if we wind up getting zero or limited games. At least offer an opt in option with a refund in the event NO fans are allowed in all season. 

I’ll have to kick it around for a few days, but in general no thanks to the NFL franchise holding my money.

35 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I’m leaving on account.  I’m Canadian and pat exchange fees on both purchases and returns.  I’m 5% poorer if I refund (2.5% fee each way).

What I did, to avoid that, several years ago, I got a USD credit card. Most if not all of the Canadian banks are offering one.

58 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Options stink, but I figured they’d do something like this.

The thought of them holding my money interest free for a year is very annoying to me if we wind up getting zero or limited games. At least offer an opt in option with a refund in the event NO fans are allowed in all season. 

I’ll have to kick it around for a few days, but in general no thanks to the NFL franchise holding my money.

I agree. At least they should offer some incentives (small interest or a gift) so we pick the credit instead of the refund. 

The link they sent me does not work.

Not sure yet on what I do but having the border closed and with having to quarantine for 2 weeks if it ever does open going to games would not be popular with my Boss and he is a Bills fan ;)

6 hours ago, Curt said:

I asked for a refund. I prefer my money in my pocket rather than in someone else's pocket. Here in Canada, airline companies offered only a credit, no refund. They now owe me thousands on $'s. I lost my deposit on a vacation rental. It was 2 grand. I trust no business right now. Until Covid-19 is over, I'm not interested in credits. Give me back my cash. I'll handle it myself. Bankruptcies are just starting.

USAir did same thing to me for Katrina.  I found out later that it was year credit from purchase date not flight date (what would they do if you bought it more than a year in advance) when I tried to use it following year to go to a game.  I have not purchased from then since and I used to be a regular traveler for business and they lost a lot of high priced tickets.

Bill's are trying to squeeze season ticket holders with three year deals.  I bought tickets for 2030, 2021 and 2022.  Now they're saying I have to buy tix for 21, 22. 23.  That's not right.  Not my problem if they can't deliver on the first year of a three year deal.  

Edit:  I raised this with the Bills and they agreed that my three-year commitment still will end after the 2022 season.  They were quick to respond and were very accommodating.  

I was told they're working on multiple socially-distanced seating plans on the assumption that they might be able to have fans sometime this season.  However, they're struggling with how they can enforce it.  Left to their own devices, most of the fans probably will wander down to the front rows of the lower deck.  What are they going to do - have armed police to keep people in their seats?

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Bill's are trying to squeeze season ticket holders with three year deals.  I bought tickets for 2030, 2021 and 2022.  Now they're saying I have to buy tix for 21, 22. 23.  That's not right.  Not my problem if they can't deliver on the first year of a three year deal.  

2030 is going to be a great year.

• Haha (+1) 1

If I read the article correctly, it seems to me the Bills are effectively “canceling” all season tickets this year but telling current STH that “you’re good” for 2021.  My question is what is the setup if there are fans allowed this year?  Will current STH have priority for purchase or will it simply be a free-for-all when the limited number of seats go on sale?  I see valid arguments for both.

15 minutes ago, eball said:

If I read the article correctly, it seems to me the Bills are effectively “canceling” all season tickets this year but telling current STH that “you’re good” for 2021.  My question is what is the setup if there are fans allowed this year?  Will current STH have priority for purchase or will it simply be a free-for-all when the limited number of seats go on sale?  I see valid arguments for both.

If you let the Bills keep your $ already paid, you’ll have “first crack” at some ticket if they allow some fans at some point. Not your seat, but just a seat somewhere in the stadium. 

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

If you let the Bills keep your $ already paid, you’ll have “first crack” at some ticket if they allow some fans at some point. Not your seat, but just a seat somewhere in the stadium. 

Did the notice to STH say that specifically?

1 minute ago, eball said:

Did the notice to STH say that specifically?

Yep

“Season Ticket Members that apply money as an account credit will have exclusive access to 2020 single game ticket sales for available seats if spectators are permitted. We will have multiple single game ticket sales throughout the season as capacity is determined. In any limited spectator scenario, seating capacity in the stadium will be reduced, seat locations may change each game, and all members may not be able to purchase tickets for every game they want to attend. Additional ticket purchase limits and other restrictions will apply and be communicated before any ticket sales.“

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)
  • Like (+1) 1

I was a longtime season ticket holder who dropped seats 5 years ago.  I bought tickets back in Feb, 4 of them & was pretty excited about going.  I figured my son only has a few years left before he is off to college & wanted to spend the time with him.  1 of my friends jumped in too.  Plus my son was getting his license towards end of summer so I wouldn't have to worry about driving!

I chose the refund though, even if they let people in, it probably will be about 15K fans, with no tailgating, at least on the Bills lots.  I don't know that is just not the bills game day experience to me.  I plan on getting them next year but the money I am getting back I am going to get a new TV & surround sound for my basement.  It is what it is, disappointed, I just hope things are better next year.  I think they will be.

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I chose the refund though, even if they let people in, it probably will be about 15K fans, with no tailgating, 

been to plenty of games with 30K and less fans..still a blast! And trust me, we will find a way to tailgate!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1