Bills give STHers option to opt-out for 2020 while maintaining seniority and seat location

RiotAct

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, they really want to piss me off, make me eat two home preseason games..looks like games 1 nd 4 cancelled, both road games for Bills.

PR says make the preseson games fanless no matter what..or free

It's been stated that each team will play one home game and one away game in the preseason.  That is NFL wide.  They are reshuffling the schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Really?

Look again...

not saying it says specifically baseball, but read what i posted , this is right at the top of the announcment

this document is predicated on the tenet that no live audience, fans, or spectators will be authorized to attend any professional sporting competition or training program at the time of publication."

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If NYS is only state with this rule Bills will play elsewhere.

With Cuomo's coalition of states, it won't be in the north east. Maybe they could go to Ohio.

The Pegulas are probably going to be asking NYS for money in the next few years for a new stadium. Based on the economics/budget of the pandemic in NYS and the way the Pegulas have been managing their business (outside of football). Pegula will need NYS to help with that. Not sure pissing off the government to skirt pandemic safety rules is the best course of action long term. 

22 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, i have always said that was one of the most fun games i have ever been too! 4PM start, was at Weichecks till like 3:30, in seats in time for kickoff...think i sat in about 8 different sections that day..the game was the game...but man i had fun!

I don't remember anything about the Colts game..and i mean not one thing..but know i went!

21 hours ago, Gordio said:

My dad took me to the Colts game.  I remember when we went to our section the usher looked at us & said "any seat you want, you got the whole stadium to yourselves today boys."  

Holy cow.

One of the earliest football memories I have was going to that Colts game with my dad. Same thing, we moved around to probably 8 different parts of the stadium just to see the different perspectives. We were on the news that night because we were down in the front row of the end zone for one of the touchdowns and we were easy to spot as we were the only fans in the shot! ?

I also remember, on our way into the stadium, Fred Smerlas and Darryl Talley pulled their bikes in front of our car and was giving my dad crap about going to the game saying "You're paying to watch bad football!". And my dad rolling down the window and saying "You guys were 4-12 last year, how much worse can it be? Come on, I got a kid in the car."

They moved their bikes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

With Cuomo's coalition of states, it won't be in the north east. Maybe they could go to Ohio.

The Pegulas are probably going to be asking NYS for money in the next few years for a new stadium. Based on the economics/budget of the pandemic in NYS and the way the Pegulas have been managing their business (outside of football). Pegula will need NYS to help with that. Not sure pissing off the government to skirt pandemic safety rules is the best course of action long term. 

It is not skirting rules if other states including other states in Cuomo's coalition of states (New England, New Jersey) allow it.  Bills will just need to tell state they have to or will forfeit games but will pay annual assessment.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Holy cow.

One of the earliest football memories I have was going to that Colts game with my dad. Same thing, we moved around to probably 8 different parts of the stadium just to see the different perspectives. We were on the news that night because we were down in the front row of the end zone for one of the touchdowns and we were easy to spot as we were the only fans in the shot! ?

I also remember, on our way into the stadium, Fred Smerlas and Darryl Talley pulled their bikes in front of our car and was giving my dad crap about going to the game saying "You're paying to watch bad football!". And my dad rolling down the window and saying "You guys were 4-12 last year, how much worse can it be? Come on, I got a kid in the car."

They moved their bikes.

Great story, I love it!

On 7/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, Limeaid said:

Kind of interesting because WNY probably has the lowest hospitalizations & lowest % of cases in the entire country.  I believe by last night we were down to 6 COVID hospitalizations and have been hitting right 1% of positive cases with the testing.  If they don't let fans around here, they shouldn't allow fan attendance anywhere else either.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:02 PM, Limeaid said:

MetLife? They are very comfortable playing there. Won their last 3 games in that stadium including opening last season 2-0 with wins over the Jets and Giants.

50 minutes ago, Greg S said:

MetLife? They are very comfortable playing there. Won their last 3 games in that stadium including opening last season 2-0 with wins over the Jets and Giants.

Doubt it. 

Cleveland maybe since close enough to Buffalo for fans to drive to. 3 h 2 min (189.4 mi)

Maybe Pittsburgh.  3 h 16 min (214.7 mi)

Bills would probably have to play at multiple stadiums to accommodate other teams' home schedules.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

MetLife needs all 16 games as they support both the jets and the giants home schedule.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:28 PM, Greg S said:

Toronto?

[runs and ducks]

• 3 weeks later...