Bills give STHers option to opt-out for 2020 while maintaining seniority and seat location

RiotAct

2 hours ago, SpunkysSD said:

If season ticket holders opt out for this year an the team ends up having playoff games here, would those that opt out due to Covid have an opportunity to purchase those seats if the situation related to Covid changes?

This is a good point. Wouldnt it be better, to just opt-in, and just sell some of the earlier games to other people until you feel comfortable?

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

What status is being maintained? I don’t understand your take? I believe the NFL right now is coming to grips that this upcoming season isnt going to happen. 

As mentioned in the title, seniority and seat location are maintained. “I hope it matters” refers to I hope there is a season to be played, preferably with fans.....but I am very doubtful, and more so by the day. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Am I the only one out there who read this as: Bills give "Special Teamers" the option to opt-out for 2020 while maintaining seniority and seat location?

i.e. Reid Ferguson doesn't have to long snap this year, and he gets his same spot on the bench, in 2021.

I'm sorry... not enough sports... my brain is melting.

LOL!  I was thinking of spelling out the acronym but the title was already getting kinda long

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

They did this once before.....the strike shortened season in the 80's.....Jim Kelly era.  I opted out and used the money to buy a pure bred St Bernard.

That was on a game by game basis...not a season long thing..only the games the scabs played in...and i went to both home games....for full price!

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That was on a game by game basis...not a season long thing..only the games the scabs played in...and i went to both home games....for full price!

I was at that scab game vs. the Giants w/ my dad and wish I could get those 3 and 1/2 hours back.  The "Schlopy" game.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I was at that scab game vs. the Giants w/ my dad and wish I could get those 3 and 1/2 hours back.  The "Schlopy" game.

Funny, i have always said that was one of the most fun games i have ever been too! 4PM start, was at Weichecks till like 3:30, in seats in time for kickoff...think i sat in about 8 different sections that day..the game was the game...but man i had fun!

I don't remember anything about the Colts game..and i mean not one thing..but know i went!

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, i have always said that was one of the most fun games i have ever been too! 4PM start, was at Weichecks till like 3:30, in seats in time for kickoff...think i sat in about 8 different sections that day..the game was the game...but man i had fun!

I don't remember anything about the Colts game..and i mean not one thing..but know i went!

My dad took me to the Colts game.  I remember when we went to our section the usher looked at us & said "any seat you want, you got the whole stadium to yourselves today boys."  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Nope, MLB doesnt good good- Minors cancelled seasons. Where is the NHL 24 team playoffs? It's looking like it won't happen across the board.

The NHL has the option of playing in Canada. They may end up the only pro league playing. If they don't get Covid under control down south the NFL season is in jeopardy too.

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Seems like the only logical way to approach things right now.  If there is a season (i'd give about a 25-30% chance, it will be played either in empty stadiums or with maybe 20% capacity), the quality of the competition is going to be affected by infection rates.  Imagine the Bills have Josh and Diggs and several other players contract the virus.  That would pretty much shoot down any chance of competing.  And there is no way you can let positive tested players back on the field for a minimum of two weeks.  

A question came up if it would be OK to have fans if the death rate decreases.  First, as infection rates rise, you are going to see mo deaths, unless the virus mutates in such a way that it becomes less lethal (which I doubt).  second, you can have fans sign all the waivers in the world but if someone contracts it and dies from it lawsuits will start flying around regardless.  And finally, the focus on mortality ignores morbidity associated with the virus, and this has frustrated me since the beginning of the pandemic.  Just because the virus doesn't kill you doesn't mean it is harmless, with long term respiratory and cardiovascular complication likely associated with infection.  Those are not trivial.

I can see Bill Belichick having one of his infected players cough in the faces of Allen and Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Guffalo said:

In college I knew someone who could not go over the bridges but his brother was a fisher and he'd take him onto Lake Ontario where he'd meet some friends who were also fishing and he'd return to US shore at end of day.  They would do the reverse on Mondays.  He was real careful not drinking or anything else to get attention.  He did it for a couple of years but only in early months. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

In college I knew someone who could not go over the bridges but his brother was a fisher and he'd take him onto Lake Ontario where he'd meet some friends who were also fishing and he'd return to US shore at end of day.  They would do the reverse on Mondays.  He was real careful not drinking or anything else to get attention.  He did it for a couple of years but only in early months. 

Good luck doing that now with all the cameras and sensors.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If I ever find myself in possession of some extra preseason tix, you’ll be the first guy I call!   :)

Glad you had fun. 

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

My dad took me to the Colts game.  I remember when we went to our section the usher looked at us & said "any seat you want, you got the whole stadium to yourselves today boys."  

Social distancing before it was “cool”! 

• Haha (+1) 2