Antonio Brown interest: UPDATE AB says he's retiring AGAIN

17 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I'm not football junkie enough to know for sure, but I did hear that he has the arm to throw outside the numbers. He's just reluctant to do so. If that continues, DCs are going to be able to focus on his tendencies, and limit what he can do.

Gunner was right. I think I knew but somehow managed to forget that Lamar has had problems throwing outside the numbers. Meanwhile hitting his TEs over the middle has been bread and butter. Needless to say this has been analysed in detail. Again I don't remember the comments (it's offseason I guess) as to the reasons for it. Lamar certainly has the arm to throw downfield but I'm not sure about zip on power throws.

6 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I may have misread my source (I will check) but if you are right then my point is more relevant since the short outside is what you give up in Cover 3. 

Yep absolutely. That is what the Bills did to Baltimore and other teams have copied since. If you can bottle up the traditional run game with Ingram and flood the passing lanes in the middle and force Lamar to throw routinely outside of the numbers then you can hold them down somewhat. Easier said than done mind you, the Bills were assignment perfect except for one play and Jackson exposed them that one play for the long catch and run touchdown to the tight end.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Easier said than done mind you, the Bills were assignment perfect except for one play and Jackson exposed them that one play for the long catch and run touchdown to the tight end.

That was just stupid. 

Biggest reason why Jackson will comeback down to earth is plays like that. Jackson had a 9.0 TD%. That's not sustainable. Only two other players since the 1970 merger have posted a 9.0+ TD%, Peyton and Rodgers. 

Jackson had three games where he posted 5 TDs each on 20, 20 and 23 attempts. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That was just stupid. 

Biggest reason why Jackson will comeback down to earth is plays like that. Jackson had a 9.0 TD%. That's not sustainable. Only two other players since the 1970 merger have posted a 9.0+ TD%, Peyton and Rodgers. 

Jackson had three games where he posted 5 TDs each on 20, 20 and 23 attempts. 

Yea he won't maintain that TD% but when a team can run it down your throats up and down the field it makes you defend the run with your bigger bodies in the redzone and Baltimore took advantage of that. I maintain a big part of holding them down is stopping the traditional elements of their run game. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Brown is likely due a suspension if/when he is signed by a team, no?

Very likely... unless he were to go back to the Patriots. Then no suspension, plus a bonus compensatory 3rd round pick for the Pats.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Retiring (again)

What's crazy is two years ago at this time I thought he had a chance at catching Rice's records.  He could've been in the discussion as the greatest ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As my grandma said, don’t go away mad, just go away.

Your grandma is Vince Neil?

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Your grandma was Vince Neil?!?

Dammit!

• Haha (+1) 1