Antonio Brown interest: UPDATE AB says he's retiring AGAIN

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And Baltimore's TEs combined for 1,700 yards.  Is the problem really Baltimore's WRs?  Are Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle, Hayden Hurst, and Seth Roberts all amazing or does Lamar have issues throwing the ball on outside the hashmarks?

Probably both are true.

40 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think he ends up at home, eating a bag of his favorite gummy snacks, working on more crappy music. :thumbsup:

How's he coming with that Cypress Hill cover album?

23 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Is there any more relevant case of "caveat emptor"?

Yes, but it will result in this thread getting flung into PPP.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And Baltimore's TEs combined for 1,700 yards.  Is the problem really Baltimore's WRs?  Are Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle, Hayden Hurst, and Seth Roberts all amazing or does Lamar have issues throwing the ball on outside the hashmarks?

Both tbh

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Doesn't he have legal issues? Is there a chance he'd be placed on the commissioner's exempt list if he is signed by a team?

He has a lot of issues. I think the NFL should work with him to make sure he is in a good place mentally and that his legal issues are in order. Yes they should still suspend him for any legal issues but to have such a prominent NFL player who clearly has good football left in him to not be on the field and being such an off the field issue makes the NFL look bad.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Isn’t there about a 100% chance this fool gets suspended as soon as he signs? He’s had multiple legal issues including pleading guilty recently. 

As long as he promises not to kneel it'll be a short suspension.  Russell Wilson must be salivating at the thought of having AB and Metcalf.

This is yet another example of why the NFL spends hundreds of millions of dollars annually on their public image. Greed, it’s what’s for dinner...

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

He has a lot of issues. I think the NFL should work with him to make sure he is in a good place mentally and that his legal issues are in order. Yes they should still suspend him for any legal issues but to have such a prominent NFL player who clearly has good football left in him to not be on the field and being such an off the field issue makes the NFL look bad.

It makes the NFL look bad if they let him play, given all his off the field issues.

Doesn't look bad to me one bit to have him unsigned by a team. Why would that look bad? He's clearly unstable.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The only one who looks bad is him. It’s pretty clear why he’s not playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Fully agreed. By the time he signs a vet minimum deal (teams will make him do a prove it deal) then serves his suspension and the 24/7 media circus on him again he will probably be cut or in trouble before he even plays a meaningful snap at suspensions end 

Yay, then we can hear Richard Sherman's opinion on how it's garbage AB is getting paid the vet minimum.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Probably both are true.

Both are true but from what I saw of Lamar last year, those outside-the-numbers throws are UGLY. personally I don’t think there’s a problem with hollywood brown or whoever else they got lining up outside. And I don’t think AB would help much either. The problem is Lamar and his limitations. Good thing for Baltimore, he’s so great at everything else it doesn’t matter much (except to his wideout’s numbers.) 

24 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Nope. He burned his bridges.

please. Baltimore would sign him. He can play with his cousin. Maybe the younger one can keep him in line.

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

oh yes. Let’s have the league push for this guy’s return after a extremely public mental break and subsequent legal issues. “He’s got good football left” so let’s have Rog urge some team to sign him and possibly blow up their locker room. That sounds, I can’t even say how that sounds without getting banned.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Was it the WRs or the QB?  For all the Lamar praise, I believe he targeted the sidelines less often than any QB in the league.  His passing production was all in the middle of the field to their three TEs.  

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Baltimore's top 3 WRs gained a total of 1194 receiving yards last year.   That's 398/each.

Two of them played all 16 games.  The other played 14.

They only dialed up 440 passing plays (league fewest).  Not sure what anyone is expecting in receiver yards with that kind of offense.  They had the same passing yards per game as the Bills, despite 73 fewer attempts.

And 37 passing TDs.....

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

oh yes. Let’s have the league push for this guy’s return after a extremely public mental break and subsequent legal issues. “He’s got good football left” so let’s have Rog urge some team to sign him and possibly blow up their locker room. That sounds, I can’t even say how that sounds without getting banned.

I never said that the league should push for his return but rather work with him to get his off the field issues sorted out before a possible return. He is a liability to himself and the league being out there acting erratic. The league can't make him do anything obviously but it would be good for them and help protect them from looking like they just let a star player descend into madness and ruin his career and life. 

He clearly needs help and he isn't getting it. Maybe the NFL should look out for a star player to help send a message that they actually care about player health and safety?

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I never said that the league should push for his return but rather work with him to get his off the field issues sorted out before a possible return. He is a liability to himself and the league being out there acting erratic. The league can't make him do anything obviously but it would be good for them and help protect them from looking like they just let a star player descend into madness and ruin his career and life. 

He clearly needs help and he isn't getting it. Maybe the NFL should look out for a star player to help send a message that they actually care about player health and safety?

he’s rich enough to get his own therapy. He’s not employed by any NFL team. Given his tenure in the league, he probably still has league-provided health care. But they can’t compel him to seek treatment (there’s laws against that), so I don’t know what “look out” for him really means. You tell me.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They only dialed up 440 passing plays (league fewest).  Not sure what anyone is expecting in receiver yards with that kind of offense.  They had the same passing yards per game as the Bills, despite 73 fewer attempts.

And 37 passing TDs.....

And both one and done.

• Like (+1) 1