Antonio Brown interest: UPDATE AB says he's retiring AGAIN

Right now on First Take they were talking about both Seattle and Baltimore have shown real interest in AB and that apparently several other teams are also interested.  Max and Stephen A even speculated NE bringing him back with Cam there now (but don’t see how they could really afford him).  But there was no confirmation of NE interest, just they think it makes the most sense.  Dan suggested GB and SF but again just said would be good fits and didn’t say the teams had confirmed interest.  

Only teams named with official interest was Sea and Balt and the “other” interested teams were not confirmed or named.  I would think Eagles would be interested too given the WR issues they had last year.

So...Where do you think he ends up?  I just hope it’s not NE because with Cam now, this Pats team isn’t going to be an easy out as it is and AB could make them real dangerous if Cam stays healthy and AB keeps himself in check. 

Of the confirmed teams, if I’m AB, I would think Seattle would be very attractive compared to Baltimore where he likely wouldn’t see as many targets because of the offense they run.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

It blows my mind teams still want this idiot.  I hope someone signs him and he blows them up.

that said, the nice part of me hopes that maybe he went the Brandon Marshall way and really did transform as a person.  But man, he’s nuts. 

also with Baltimore, he has a good relationship with Jackson and his cousin is on the team.  Plus, everyone loves Harbaugh.  But Seattle does seem like the obvious fit.  For some reason, can see him blowing up at Wilson for some stupid reason.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 9

Seattle and Baltimore both make sense because they have great Head Coaches and good cultures. If they both make him an offer then it depends what AB wants. If you want the numbers go to Seattle. If you are serious about chasing a ring go to Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Seattle and Baltimore both make sense because they have great Head Coaches and good cultures. If they both make him an offer then it depends what AB wants. If you want the numbers go to Seattle. If you are serious about chasing a ring go to Baltimore. 

Good post.  I also think people underestimate how bad the Ravens receivers were last year.  Their best one was a small rookie who missed a lot of time.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good post.  I also think people underestimate how bad the Ravens receivers were last year.  Their best one was a small rookie who missed a lot of time.  

Don’t underestimate the “eff Pittsburgh” factor when it comes to Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 13

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Pats are already paying him this year in dead cap $ he might as well play 

I am not sure how this works? If he goes to NE would he already be under contract with them? I know he signed and they cut him, so would he be under a new contract?

Just now, snamsnoops said:

I am not sure how this works? If he goes to NE would he already be under contract with them? I know he signed and they cut him, so would he be under a new contract?

It was kind of a joke but he’s counting against their cap right now with dead money. They would need to re-sign him. 

The only good thing about a team signing him is watching the subsequent meltdown.  

He's nothing but a walking reality show, now.  He's not a football player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The only good thing about a team signing him is watching the subsequent meltdown.  

He's nothing but a walking reality show, now.  He's not a football player.

Fully agreed. By the time he signs a vet minimum deal (teams will make him do a prove it deal) then serves his suspension and the 24/7 media circus on him again he will probably be cut or in trouble before he even plays a meaningful snap at suspensions end 

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was it the WRs or the QB?  For all the Lamar praise, I believe he targeted the sidelines less often than any QB in the league.  His passing production was all in the middle of the field to their three TEs.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Was it the WRs or the QB?  For all the Lamar praise, I believe he targeted the sidelines less often than any QB in the league.  His passing production was all in the middle of the field to their three TEs.  

Baltimore's top 3 WRs gained a total of 1194 receiving yards last year.   That's 398/each.

Two of them played all 16 games.  The other played 14.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Seattle is no joke either, and with AB they would be a serious contender in the NFC, and honestly, I think he would have a slightly better shot at a SB appearance in Seattle than Baltimore where they still have to get by KC who is still probably the top team heading into the season.  Also, he could make a bigger impact. 

But, either make sense obviously.  And like someone else added, facing Pitt twice would add to the appeal.  From a football perspective, I just think Seattle makes a lot more sense because he is going to want to put up stats so he can get a real contract in 2022, and Seattle gives him a much better shot at that.  Lamar was not great throwing to his WR's last year and most his passing production was to TE and RB combinations.  All that speed and size at WR in Seattle with a top 3 QB in Seattle and dangerous run game would be a sick offense.  

Im hoping its an NFC team (Seattle, SF, GB, etc) as I dont want to face him in the AFC on someone we already will have our hands full with.  AB is freaking nuts...out of his mind...and just a total dips**t...BUT he is still an elite player on the field, and for all his off field issues the past 18 months, throughout his career when he was on the field he was all business.  And now he has lost football for a while, I think its reasonable to think hes going to come back with a chip on his shoulder to earn a real deal (and deal he likely gets this year would be a 1 year prove it) as he wants to get paid again at some point. 

So, the idea of him winding up back in NE would suck, or Baltimore...two teams we are going to have to go through to get to where we want to go.  Doesnt mean we cant if he winds up there, but I would rather not see them get potentially better by adding a potentially elite player to their weak spot on offense, WR.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Baltimore's top 3 WRs gained a total of 1194 receiving yards last year.   That's 398/each.

Two of them played all 16 games.  The other played 14.

And Baltimore's TEs combined for 1,700 yards.  Is the problem really Baltimore's WRs?  Are Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle, Hayden Hurst, and Seth Roberts all amazing or does Lamar have issues throwing the ball on outside the hashmarks?

• Like (+1) 1