Pats vs Panthers Week 4 2017 on NFLN

Pats lost this game at the same time Buffalo went into Atlanta and beat the defending NFC champion Falcons.  Gave the Bills the lead in the AFC East for the time being.  It was a good weekend to be a Bills fan.

9 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Pats lost this game at the same time Buffalo went into Atlanta and beat the defending NFC champion Falcons.  Gave the Bills the lead in the AFC East for the time being.  It was a good weekend to be a Bills fan.

I was at the Bills game in Atlanta with my sons and a bunch of posters here. Nice tailgate, but nothing like a home game, for sure! One of the first games in Mercedes Benz Stadium. Great day, fantastic memory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was at the Bills game in Atlanta with my sons and a bunch of posters here. Nice tailgate, but nothing like a home game, for sure! One of the first games in Mercedes Benz Stadium. Great day, fantastic memory. 

I remember two things about that game - Jordan Mathews TD celebration where he blew on the Nintendo and Micah Hyde INT at end of game 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember two things about that game - Jordan Mathews TD celebration where he blew on the Nintendo and Micah Hyde INT at end of game 

What sticks in my mind is the tailgate with my sons, @Kirby Jackson, Boyst and others. Then the trip into the new stadium with the “cheap concessions”. When we first got in we were able to get our hotdogs, etc. I tried several more times throughout the day. No go! The lines were WAY too long, and I gave up each and every time. Not being able to get to the front of the line saved me a fortune! It really was cheap, to get nothing.

Like a new restaurant, don’t judge by the first month or so. 

I was very pleasantly surprised by the game and outcome. I really didn't see that coming, but no way in hell we were missing it! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

What sticks in my mind is the tailgate with my sons, @Kirby Jackson, Boyst and others. Then the trip into the new stadium with the “cheap concessions”. When we first got in we were able to get our hotdogs, etc. I tried several more times throughout the day. No go! The lines were WAY too long, and I gave up each and every time. Like a new restaurant, don’t judge by the first month or so. 

I was very pleasantly surprised by the game and outcome. I really didn't see that coming, but no way in hell we were missing it! 

What happened to Boyst .... don’t see him on the board anymore 

Just finished watching this with my son John. We are both also Jonesing for Football.

I opined while watching that this had to have been one of KB’s best games. 
    Also noticed the early TD overthrow by Cam looked like JA. 
    Carolina had a great D that was fun to watch and it was even more fun to watch the Pat’s D absolutely whiff on some of the coverages?

• Like (+1) 1

I misread your thread title, and thought you were saying the Bills/Panthers game was re-broadcast.  I was thinking, why on earth would they show that game? I think it was McD's first game as Bills HC, but other than that it was a complete snoozer...both teams were terrible on offense that day. I think the final was 9-6, Panthers!

I am jonesing for FB too...tonight I watched the Bills at Jets, November 1979. Bills won 14-12!

7 hours ago, Augie said:

What sticks in my mind is the tailgate with my sons, @Kirby Jackson, Boyst and others. Then the trip into the new stadium with the “cheap concessions”. When we first got in we were able to get our hotdogs, etc. I tried several more times throughout the day. No go! The lines were WAY too long, and I gave up each and every time. Not being able to get to the front of the line saved me a fortune! It really was cheap, to get nothing.

Like a new restaurant, don’t judge by the first month or so. 

Augie, that sounds pretty cool you, KJ, and Boyst were able to go to a game together with you’re sons.  I like it.

Buftex, if you want a good Bills Panther outcome since we play them only once every four years, we won in 2013.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

I misread your thread title, and thought you were saying the Bills/Panthers game was re-broadcast.  I was thinking, why on earth would they show that game? I think it was McD's first game as Bills HC, but other than that it was a complete snoozer...both teams were terrible on offense that day. I think the final was 9-6, Panthers!

I am jonesing for FB too...tonight I watched the Bills at Jets, November 1979. Bills won 14-12!

I'm only drawing from memory but I believe it was McD's second game, his first away game since the Bills opened with the Jets in the first game at home for the 2017 season. I believe....but, to my recollection the game was not good for either team but worse by the Bills due to a total lack of Offense. Tyrod was already on the hot seat and a few games, including that one if my memory serves me, started to make his seat so hot it was searing his backside.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm only drawing from memory but I believe it was McD's second game, his first away game since the Bills opened with the Jets in the first game at home for the 2017 season. I believe....but, to my recollection the game was not good for either team but worse by the Bills due to a total lack of Offense. Tyrod was already on the hot seat and a few games, including that one if my memory serves me, started to make his seat so hot it was searing his backside.

Yeah it was his second game. Tyrod overthrew/rookie Zay Jones dropped (depending on who you liked more) a surefire game winning TD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This was a terrible football game.  I can’t imagine re-watching it haha. 

the EJ Panthers one was a lot of fun. 

Don't remind me of the hope ?

11 hours ago, Buftex said:

I’ve actually never seen that stupid bills panthers game from 2017. Whatever I had going on that day I remember I had to listen to it on XM radio. I then saw no reason to watch after the outcome.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve actually never seen that stupid bills panthers game from 2017. Whatever I had going on that day I remember I had to listen to it on XM radio. I then saw no reason to watch after the outcome.

Yeah...not worth the time.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

From what I remember of it, despite the one score margin, Carolina pretty much outplayed Buffalo.  The score, something like 9-3, was a little deceptive.

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was a typical offensive performance by the Tyrod Taylor led Bills in 2017..  The defense shut Cam and the Panthers Offense down real nicely.  But the offense was garbage.  Very similar to the playoff loss at Jacksonville.  By his 3rd season with us Tyrod was terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1