The hole on the Bills roster that could ruin the season

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean our backup situation is bad. I am a little surprised they are content with Barkley. 

Bringing in another QB is a delecate situation....if you bring in a vet who has been a starter and had success....you run a chance of creating a problem

I thought the bills handled it right.....Fromm wont be looked at as a threat to Allen but had a lot of college success....so he might be good

• Like (+1) 1

McBeane are not shy about signing former Panthers, obviously.  The best-known of former Panthers, they passed on. 

If you haven't noticed, they have a plan.  Call it a process.  Signing an expensive backup QB, especially a guy who considers himself a starter, isn't part of the plan.

37 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

This is funny because Barkley beat the brakes off the Jets. 

Does Jetfan even revisit his own threads anymore? Or does he just drive-by troll us now?

The Jets completely quit on Todd Bowles that game. I think Barkley’s overall body of work speaks for itself. 

The Bills had ample opportunities to upgrade that position this offseason and decided not to. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Bringing in another QB is a delecate situation....if you bring in a vet who has been a starter and had success....you run a chance of creating a problem

I thought the bills handled it right.....Fromm wont be looked at as a threat to Allen but had a lot of college success....so he might be good

Its the most important position on the field. If Allen can’t beat out Joe Flacco, Colt McCoy, Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, or Marcus Marietta than he’s probably not the guy. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean our backup situation is bad. I am a little surprised they are content with Barkley. 

They probably aren’t. I don’t think Fromm is the answer either; maybe they do. But Cam wasn’t signing with any team that he wouldn’t be at least competing to start. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

Who is Tampa's insurance policy? Or SF? Or KC? Or Baltimore?

San Francisco has Nate Mullens who is pretty highly regarded around the league. 

Baltimore has RG3 who is far more accomplished than Barkley. 

KC and TB are up against the cap so they really don’t have that luxury. That said both of their coaches are offensive masterminds who can probably get solid play out of a Chad Henné type. 

51 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets completely quit on Todd Bowles that game. I think Barkley’s overall body of work speaks for itself. 

The Bills had ample opportunities to upgrade that position this offseason and decided not to. 

The Bills are in the same position as 90% of the league, and that includes your Jets and NE - if they lose their starting QB for any significant length of time, they’re in big trouble. Bridgewater and NO last year notwithstanding, most backup QBs in this league are bad.

And it’s comical that you think Flacco isn’t completely washed up after flaming out in Denver last year. I’d be more worried about your starter if I were you anyways. Him, and the fact that your best player is routinely talking trash online trying to get outta town. Worry about that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

The Bills are in the same position as 90% of the league, and that includes your Jets and NE - if they lose their starting QB for any significant length of time, they’re in big trouble. Bridgewater and NO last year notwithstanding, most backup QBs in this league are bad.

And it’s comical that you think Flacco isn’t completely washed up after flaming out in Denver last year. I’d be more worried about your starter if I were you anyways. Him, and the fact that your best player is routinely talking trash online trying to get outta town. Worry about that.

I think Flacco can be a Pro Bowl starter for the Jets by years end. Perhaps he had a Vinny Testavetde type run.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I think Flacco can be a Pro Bowl starter for the Jets by years end. Perhaps he had a Vinny Testavetde type run.

I guess  you are alright, this gave me a good laugh! You Jests fans can be funny! 

Adam Gase is up for coach of the year already.......

14 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m pretty surprised the Bills as a contender didn’t take out an insurance policy for Josh Allen. With Newton in the fold this division is going to be a dogfight and if Barkley/Fromm has to start meaningful games that could be the difference. 

I know you guys love Beane/McDermott and they are doing a great job, but to me they made a mistake here. 

Every team in the division has proven QBs behind their starter with the exception of the prohibitive favorite.  

cool username 

14 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Based on what Beane and McD have done so far, I give them the benefit of the doubt.  They know Cam very well.  Perhaps they didn't believe he would be a good fit.  

Cam wants to be #1.  The Bills don't want a challenger to Allen on board at this point.  I agree w that assessment.  Barkley is #2, knows it, and is supportive of Allen from a vets perspective...perfect to help get Allen's head right.

15 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’m pretty surprised the Bills as a contender didn’t take out an insurance policy for Josh Allen. With Newton in the fold this division is going to be a dogfight and if Barkley/Fromm has to start meaningful games that could be the difference. 

I know you guys love Beane/McDermott and they are doing a great job, but to me they made a mistake here. 

Every team in the division has proven QBs behind their starter with the exception of the prohibitive favorite.  

The only hole I see on the team is at TE, but that's not enough to derail the season.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You want a back up who can come in and win you a few games if your starter is out. Someone who can keep the ship afloat... if Allen is out for a 4-5 weeks, the Bills are screwed. They'll lose every game with Fromm/Barkley.

I agree. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They probably aren’t. I don’t think Fromm is the answer either; maybe they do. But Cam wasn’t signing with any team that he wouldn’t be at least competing to start. 

Oh I know. I wasn't expecting the Bills to sign Cam. I just was surprised earlier in the offseason they were not more aggressive at that spot.