DR is Back

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Koko should probably say sorry too...

Yeah... good luck with that.

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

DR is vacationing in Gary/Warren's head for the next month.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Apparently in transplantbillsfan's head as well...

At least there's no traffic and plenty of room to stretch out and relax.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And what BS would that be?

All I get is crap over here. 

Look at my posting history. I have engaged with multiple posters on a number of issues.

Ask @leh-nerd skin-erd or @Buffalo_Gal. These are posters I respect because I might wildly disagree with them in some cases but can discuss things with some depth at least.

DR couldn't even admit how incredibly wildly wrong he was when he persisted that Biden didn't have a chance to be the Democratic nominee, which I insisted was the most likely outcome. Now he might escape our bet of Biden beating Trump, which is about to happen.

And I don't even care if he comes back to make the "broken clock" claim... that's a poster who clearly needs to learn some humility and admit he was incredibly wrong... twice.

Plus, I can't wait to see him sporting the Biden avatar I choose for him.

Do you think @Koko78 should also be held liable for his even more lewd post?

I’m not here to fight anyone else’s battles, but in his absence, I’ll share a thought about @Deranged Rhino.  In my opinion, he engages with just about everyone, and he’s generally respectful when treated in kind.  He has invested a lot of time and effort into sharing his views and has been right substantially more often than he has been wrong. 

Russia- check

Mueller probe-check

Ukraine-check 

General Flynn-check

FBI and CIA malfeasance-check

and so on.  I recall your wager about Biden, honestly do not recall the details but if  he was wrong on that, so be it.  I’ll say this though....if you asked the 18 year old Transpy if he would cast a vote for a career politician, with a history of unsettling behavior toward women, an univestigated sexual assault claim with audio purported to deal with that incident from 30 years ago, and played some snippets of racially insensitive and exceptionally condescending language including the infamous “you ain’t black” comment from the CURRENT election cycle, 18 year old Transpy would likely declare loudly “There’s no way in hell I’m voting for the republican candidate!“.  If  18 year old Transpy heard some of the babbling bulk#@$& that came out if that candidates mouth, he’d laugh himself into fits. 

My point—Joe Biden was laughed out of contention before he combed his hair with a flashlight, to think he’s the very best of the very best of the dem party and is THE nominee is pretty amazing.  I understand your desire for a celebratory lap, but remember, at the end of celebration is a guy I bet who’s old enough to be your great grandfather, who on any given day might actually think he IS your great grandfather and ask..well, no need for me to get Biden-creepy here. 

As for the gleeful celebration of no indictments against perpetrators like Comey, McCabe, Brennan et al, DR was right about that as well.  He’s been exceptionally cautious about suggesting that while he is hearing xxx, the traditional resolution for high powered officials in govt guilty of criminal activity is that nothing ever happens.  The powerful protect the powerful,many in spite of obvious flaws in the Trump =treason story, FISA manipulation, Biden lying about unmasking Flynn, the weaponization of intelligence, Hoover-esque wrong-doing by Comey and McCabe....and do so because enough voters are comfortable with that.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m not here to fight anyone else’s battles, but in his absence, I’ll share a thought about @Deranged Rhino.  In my opinion, he engages with just about everyone, and he’s generally respectful when treated in kind.  He has invested a lot of time and effort into sharing his views and has been right substantially more often than he has been wrong. 

I actually detest engaging in this thread at this point. But I identified you as one of a couple posters I'd engage with so I'll put aside my evening read momentarily to engage with you. Besides, this is less about DR than this board as a whole. He's just emblematic of its worst symptoms, so this dialogue is more about the board as a whole.

I'm glad you said "in my opinion."

In my opinion, you're wrong.

What's interesting is I've been PMed by multiple posters over the years about DR. Thoughtful PMs from thoughtful posters who were evidently around here before even the last election. The last one came last night from a poster who clearly doesn't share DR's views but engages thoughtfully here.

What I was told about his positions in the lead up to the last election and what followed seems par for the course for him.

So there's pretty clearly an issue of perception.

All those who agree with the views of DR--including thoughtful posters like yourself and others--think he's consistently posting good information as an informative poster.

All those who disagree with the views of DR--I'll exclude myself for the sake of this based on some of the *ahem* comments about me in this thread, but included are thoughtful posters of the opposite opinion I've been personally hearing from--think he's gone down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and needs them to thrive.

Don't you think this dichotomy is wildly problematic?

I actually want to quote a recent PM I got from one of these posters. I won't name him, but these are not my words, though they tell the story pretty well:

DR dedicated 18 months of posts to how the deep state was putting Clinton in power and had arranged the stooge of Trump to ensure it. He believes that the Rothchilds control everything and the Bilderberg conspiracy. He’s convinced the crew here that he’s credible and normal through volume posting to a narrative. 

If Biden wins, his narrative will just shift to, “see the deep state is even more real than we thought.”

He/they can’t accept that some good people do bad things and some bad people do good. And that the world is complicated. They prefer this narrative of good vs evil in a deep state. It’s a simple narrative for frightened minds. Helps them make sense of the confusion. 

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Russia- check

Mueller probe-check

Ukraine-check 

General Flynn-check

FBI and CIA malfeasance-check

And this is the problem. 

This right here is where the disconnect is.

It's perception vs reality.

Or perhaps I should say desired perception vs reality.

I'm not wasting my time going through each of those 5 things you brought up, but based on what I've read, DR took firm positions of Exonerated! Exonerated! Exonerated! Exonerated! Attempted Coup! with these 5 things.

Yeah, that's just not the truth.

What is true, however, is that DR and the rest of his ilk over here never do any critical thinking regarding his own position.

I found @Buffalo_Gal 's post earlier pretty humorous because truthfully what she was saying was "look, there's just no other way to view this than OUR way."

That's the central ideology of this forum. And since the vast majority of you lean right (and good grief don't start telling me you've always voted Democrat. If you voted Trump once and plan on voting him again, you're hard right), this board rejects the views from the left as though they (to quote a previously mentioned poster) "fling-poo," despite the fact that valid points are brought up, but they're just tossed or forgotten in the midst of a "poo-fest."

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I recall your wager about Biden, honestly do not recall the details but if  he was wrong on that, so be it.  I’ll say this though....if you asked the 18 year old Transpy if he would cast a vote for a career politician, with a history of unsettling behavior toward women, an univestigated sexual assault claim with audio purported to deal with that incident from 30 years ago, and played some snippets of racially insensitive and exceptionally condescending language including the infamous “you ain’t black” comment from the CURRENT election cycle, 18 year old Transpy would likely declare loudly “There’s no way in hell I’m voting for the republican candidate!“.  If  18 year old Transpy heard some of the babbling bulk#@$& that came out if that candidates mouth, he’d laugh himself into fits. 

Who's the other candidate?

See, this connects PERFECTLY with what comes above, both from the other poster who PMed me and the seeming inability to think critically over here.

Mostly though it comes down to the PM statement of "They prefer this narrative of good vs evil in a deep state. It’s a simple narrative for frightened minds. Helps them make sense of the confusion. "

My point—Joe Biden was laughed out of contention before he combed his hair with a flashlight, to think he’s the very best of the very best of the dem party and is THE nominee is pretty amazing.  I understand your desire for a celebratory lap, but remember, at the end of celebration is a guy I bet who’s old enough to be your great grandfather, who on any given day might actually think he IS your great grandfather and ask..well, no need for me to get Biden-creepy here. 

STOP PRETENDING WE THINK BIDEN IS FANTASTIC!!!!

Sheesh. :doh:

I thought you actually listened. Or read. I guess not. Go back and read. We've talked about this.

As for the gleeful celebration of no indictments against perpetrators like Comey, McCabe, Brennan et al, DR was right about that as well.  He’s been exceptionally cautious about suggesting that while he is hearing xxx, the traditional resolution for high powered officials in govt guilty of criminal activity is that nothing ever happens.  The powerful protect the powerful,many in spite of obvious flaws in the Trump =treason story, FISA manipulation, Biden lying about unmasking Flynn, the weaponization of intelligence, Hoover-esque wrong-doing by Comey and McCabe....and do so because enough voters are comfortable with that.

And more doubling down on the conspiracy theories as you consistently roll snake eyes...

C'est la vie...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I found @Buffalo_Gal 's post earlier pretty humorous because truthfully what she was saying was "look, there's just no other way to view this than OUR way."

Really? Because I basically wrote 2+ 2 = 4.   ?‍♂️ The disconnect between what I wrote and what your summation is makes me scratch my head.

• Haha (+1) 1

I actually detest engaging in this thread at this point. But I identified you as one of a couple posters I'd engage with so I'll put aside my evening read momentarily to engage with you. Besides, this is less about DR than this board as a whole. He's just emblematic of its worst symptoms, so this dialogue is more about the board as a whole.

What's interesting is I've been PMed by multiple posters over the years about DR. Thoughtful PMs from thoughtful posters who were evidently around here before even the last election. The last one came last night from a poster who clearly doesn't share DR's views but engages thoughtfully here.

What I was told about his positions in the lead up to the last election and what followed seems par for the course for him.

All those who agree with the views of DR--including thoughtful posters like yourself and others--think he's consistently posting good information as an informative poster.

All those who disagree with the views of DR--I'll exclude myself for the sake of this based on some of the *ahem* comments about me in this thread, but included are thoughtful posters of the opposite opinion I've been personally hearing from--think he's gone down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and needs them to thrive.

I actually want to quote a recent PM I got from one of these posters. I won't name him, but these are not my words, though they tell the story pretty well:

DR dedicated 18 months of posts to how the deep state was putting Clinton in power and had arranged the stooge of Trump to ensure it. He believes that the Rothchilds control everything and the Bilderberg conspiracy. He’s convinced the crew here that he’s credible and normal through volume posting to a narrative. 

If Biden wins, his narrative will just shift to, “see the deep state is even more real than we thought.”

He/they can’t accept that some good people do bad things and some bad people do good. And that the world is complicated. They prefer this narrative of good vs evil in a deep state. It’s a simple narrative for frightened minds. Helps them make sense of the confusion. 

And this is the problem. 

I'm not wasting my time going through each of those 5 things you brought up, but based on what I've read, DR took firm positions of Exonerated! Exonerated! Exonerated! Exonerated! Attempted Coup! with these 5 things.

What is true, however, is that DR and the rest of his ilk over here never do any critical thinking regarding his own position.

That's the central ideology of this forum. And since the vast majority of you lean right (and good grief don't start telling me you've always voted Democrat. If you voted Trump once and plan on voting him again, you're hard right), this board rejects the views from the left as though they (to quote a previously mentioned poster) "fling-poo," despite the fact that valid points are brought up, but they're just tossed or forgotten in the midst of a "poo-fest."

See, this connects PERFECTLY with what comes above, both from the other poster who PMed me and the seeming inability to think critically over here.

Mostly though it comes down to the PM statement of "They prefer this narrative of good vs evil in a deep state. It’s a simple narrative for frightened minds. Helps them make sense of the confusion. "

I thought you actually listened. Or read. I guess not. Go back and read. We've talked about this.

And more doubling down on the conspiracy theories as you consistently roll snake eyes...

C'est la vie...

You drinking automotive antifreeze as well?

And this is the problem. 

C'est la vie...

So, your response to rabbit holes, mysterious PMs from other posters and DR’s comments and a respectful post is to label me ‘hard right’, and collectively paint everyone with a broad brush? 

I have read and responded to everything you’ve said, I’ve put the characterizations you’ve lobbed my way in the appropriate box and I suggest you do the same when you feel I don’t understand you.  I’ve labeled the box “TTPDKAMBONMVRCFASP”—an abbreviation for “The Things People Don’t Know About Me Based on My Voting Record Could Fill A Swimming Pool”. It’s a bulky title but I’m working on it. 

A couple random thoughts:

I voted for Trump and will again.  I cannot recall ever voting for a democrat and don’t believe I ever have. You may be confusing your posters.   My mother was a lifelong Democrat, my parents union workers and I understand the draw of some of the ideals.  My mother at this point in her life is a walk away dem. She can’t square what was said about Trump and Russia, what was reported in most major publications and what actually occurred.  I tried telling her that it was as simple as calling for thunderstorms on a Sunday and it ended up clear and sunny, just a simple miss.  She cuffed me on the ear and told me to wake up.  

I don’t really know what ‘hard right’ means, but based on the way you characterized me I’m assuming it’s bad.  Perhaps you could elaborate on what that means on any number of issues.  You choose the topic.  Unsolicited advice—just like your suggestion I visit dark web conspiracy sites—-you’re likely to be spectacularly and demonstrably wrong...though you can dig your heels in later on and claim to be right. 

Your choice on Biden?  Abstain. Vote for a third party candidate.  Volunteer for the candidate of your choice. Write an email to the DNC.  I’m not the one blathering with moral indignation about Trump for 4 years and voting for the Dem Trump.  I asked the same question to one of my favorite liberal friends..her response was the same shrugged shoulder resignation when I asked about his alleged victims, his alleged schemes, his racially insensitive comments and so on.  It might make sense to point out here that many Trump supporters voted for him because “What choice did I have?” only to be characterized as deplorable, irredeemable and now, “bad people” by your boy Biden and a whole bunch of folks who think like you. 

On the ‘deep state’, I’m not a fan of the characterization and don’t believe I’ve used it to any great degree.  It oversimplifies what’s a very complex issue, and lends to people with opposing points of view to derisively toss about ‘conspiracy theorist!”.  What makes me laugh is that in private industry, when some scheme or wrongdoing I’d exposed, people look for accountability from the top down.  In govt, when things are clearly off track, people become very accommodating because it suits their political orientation.  Ukraine is a great example of that.  Trump the capitalist is never far from the conversation, Trump Jr, Ivanaka and JKushner part of the ongoing dialogue of all things Trump.   Biden and his son Hunter.., most of the perpetually incensed class step right past that. 

Btw, I see my friend @Bob in Mich likes your perspective. Last November, he and I discussed Trump lies v relative to the lies of other politicians.   As you all line up to vote for Joe freaking Biden, with a history of lies, plagiarism and all the fondling, I’ll be chuckling yet again, amazed at how easy it is to spot hypocrisy among the pure of the world.  It’s like taking candy from an overly emotional and incredibly myopic baby. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Really? Because I basically wrote 2+ 2 = 4.   ?‍♂️ The disconnect between what I wrote and what your summation is makes me scratch my head.

Yeah you wrote a simple math problem when it's probably more like complex division.

This is precisely what I was talking about and why I posted that PM. You've created this binary vision of our government.

Deep State (the Clintons, Obamas, Biden, probably most previous administrations, actually, etc.) is BAD!

Trump is God... I mean GOOD, though you often try to concede things like him sounding like an idiot, among other things.

You say that your statement that the Obama administration clearly attempted a coup on the Trump administration. I assume that's your "simple math problem," right? If so, no it's not clear or even close to it for anyone other than people like DR and his disciples who so desperately want it to be that simple so they can claim a line in the sand drawn and they on the GOOD side.

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah you wrote a simple math problem when it's probably more like complex division.

This is precisely what I was talking about and why I posted that PM. You've created this binary vision of our government.

Deep State (the Clintons, Obamas, Biden, probably most previous administrations, actually, etc.) is BAD!

Trump is God... I mean GOOD, though you often try to concede things like him sounding like an idiot, among other things.

You say that your statement that the Obama administration clearly attempted a coup on the Trump administration. I assume that's your "simple math problem," right? If so, no it's not clear or even close to it for anyone other than people like DR and his disciples who so desperately want it to be that simple so they can claim a line in the sand drawn and they on the GOOD side.

I'm amazed at how threatened you feel you are by non-leftists.  How many night lights do you have in your bedroom?  Or do you keep all the lights on at night complete with 100 watt bulbs in each light.  Yard light on to see if any bogeymen are lurking behind the bushes.  A TV dedicated to a loop feed of Clinton and Obama Inaugarations.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm amazed at how threatened you feel you are by non-leftists.  How many night lights do you have in your bedroom?  Or do you keep all the lights on at night complete with 100 watt bulbs in each light.  Yard light on to see if any bogeymen are lurking behind the bushes.  A TV dedicated to a loop feed of Clinton and Obama Inaugarations.

Who's deflecting now?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is where I have been asking you to read the text messages, to read the declassified information, to read the reports,  and not approach it as #OrangeManBad vs your preconceived notion of the Obama administration. It was a soft coup. Did Obama order it? I do not know. Did he know about it, well, according to the text messages of Page and Strzok, as well as the oval office meetings that were testified to, yes. And then the question is, if he did not know order the soft coup but clearly knew the operations were going on, why didn't he stop it? (If he ordered it, well, he would not of wanted it stopped.)

And, it is ok to admit that the politicians you admire and/or trust are not so admirable nor trustworthy. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign is the only presidential candidate's campaign I have ever donated to. Ask me how I feel about that 12 years later. ? But, I read and learned. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

@transplantbillsfan before he falls asleep...

Horror-Movie-Inspired-Art-Prints-5.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2