I created a new definition for 'a Rosen' last week

For those who don't know, I have a reputation around here for causing disasters.  I won't debate the validity of the reputation.  But here's a new one:

At golf last week, I hit a hard worm-burner drive which struck the left women's tee marker, knocking it over.  The ball ricocheted backwards, striking the hood of the cart our opponents were riding in, then popped up into the air.  On its way down, it gently struck my partner in the abdomen while he was putting his score from the prior hole into his phone.

No harm no foul, but I'm pretty sure nobody has ever hit the trifecta like that in the history of golf.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

For those who don't know, I have a reputation around here for causing disasters.  I won't debate the validity of the reputation.  But here's a new one:

At golf last week, I hit a hard worm-burner drive which struck the left women's tee marker, knocking it over.  The ball ricocheted backwards, striking the hood of the cart our opponents were riding in, then popped up into the air.  On its way down, it gently struck my partner in the abdomen while he was putting his score from the prior into his phone.

No harm no foul, but I'm pretty sure nobody has ever hit the trifecta like that in the history of golf.

Another reason why you're never invited to pro-ams.

• Haha (+1) 1

I had a trifecta of my own! I hit a hook off the tee (unusual because I’m a slice guy by nature) on a tight course. Patio homes to the left, I hit the roof of a house, it bounces to the roof of the next house, then bounces to the exterior wall of a third house, narrowly missing a window. Three houses with one shot has to at least tie the record, I’d think. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I had a trifecta of my own! I hit a hook off the tee (unusual because I’m a slice guy by nature) on a tight course. Patio homes to the left, I hit the roof of a house, it bounces to the roof of the next house, then bounces to the exterior wall of a third house, narrowly missing a window. Three houses with one shot has to at least tie the record, I’d think. 

I expected you to say it ended up in the middle of the fairway.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If you don’t hit it past the ladies tee box you have to play the hole with no pants, no?

The famous dick-out.  I can neither confirm or deny the possibility that I may or may not have actually done that at our co-ed work tournament.

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I expected you to say it ended up in the middle of the fairway.

It did.  Homeowner #3 kept the ball, so Augie executed the 'New England Patriots compensatory draft pick' ball placement rule.  Also removed two strokes from his gross score, 'style points'.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It did.  Homeowner #3 kept the ball, so Augie executed the 'New England Patriots compensatory draft pick' ball placement rule.  Also removed two strokes from his gross score, 'style points'.

Our opponents graciously gave me a mulligan on it, saying they had never been so amused during a round of golf.  And considering I was losing to my guy by double-digits already it didn't cost 'em nothin'

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The famous dick-out.  I can neither confirm or deny the possibility that I may or may not have actually done that at our co-ed work tournament.

I came soooooo close at a bachelor party tourney years ago.  My tee shot went (inexplicably) about 80 yards straight up in the air and landed about 2 feet in front of the ladies tees.  There were about 12 guys standing behind me cheering, and then booing and laughing when it landed ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

They hire women AND have co-ed golf?  Awfully forward-thinking company you work for.

I haven't golfed in years, but I remember one drive that I sliced pretty bad. It curved and hit the side of a tree at just the right angle that it bounced back into the middle of the fairway and continued toward the green. My dad, always quick with a pun, said, "That's how you play a wood."

Nice.  I was playing once with a guy who had negative yardage on a drive after he drilled his tee shot into a tree along the tee box and it came right back at us at high speed.

I hit a worm burner off the tee once that skidded all the way across the very thin layer of ice on the pond in front of us.  It hit the opposite embankment and popped up onto the green.  Putting for birdie!

Edited by KD in CA