What's your favorite crockpot recipe?

Westside

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Replace the ketchup and liquid smoke with a favorable BBQ sauce and add some apple butter to make it a little thicker.

The ketchup is the main ingredient in making the BBQ sauce.

21 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I know people that use their crockpots year round.  Depends on what you want to use it for.  Great way to cook if you can't be home all day and don't want something out of a can or delivery all the time.

That is the time of the year that the grill, fresh veg, and salads of different sorts are for.  I'm not home all day (well - now I am), the only thing this time of the year out of a can is baked beans, and I hardly get delivery.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Do you think I could substitute a smoked pork butt from my favorite restaurant?

• Haha (+1) 1

Not my favorite, but a fast, easy version of pasta sauce for when I’m not home to make it for the family:

1 lb ribeye 

28 oz can crushed tomatoes 

Slice ribeye against the grain and cube. Place in the crock and season generously with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, fennel seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar (probably more sugar than you’re expecting).

Place on high 4 hours and serve over pasta with grated pecorino romano.

Not a perfect substitute for real pasta sauce with meatballs and sausage, but close enough for a Wednesday dinner.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not my favorite, but a fast, easy version of pasta sauce for when I’m not home to make it for the family:

1 lb ribeye 

28 oz can crushed tomatoes 

Slice ribeye against the grain and cube. Place in the crock and season generously with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, fennel seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar (probably more sugar than you’re expecting).

Place on high 4 hours and serve over pasta with grated pecorino romano.

Not a perfect substitute for real pasta sauce with meatballs and sausage, but close enough for a Wednesday dinner.

As delicious as this sounds, something about putting a ribeye into a crockpot makes me verklempt.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

For SOME, I used to make homemade ketchup and BBQ sauce.

By replacing the ketchup with BBQ sauce you can remove the liquid smoke which to me always had an aftertaste to it.  

There are several very good commercial BBQ sauces with smoky flavor.   

I used to use smoked paprika when I made my BBQ sauce.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

For SOME, I used to make homemade ketchup and BBQ sauce.

By replacing the ketchup with BBQ sauce you can remove the liquid smoke which to me always had an aftertaste to it.  

There are several very good commercial BBQ sauces with smoky flavor.   

I used to use smoked paprika when I made my BBQ sauce.

So my primary ingredient to make homemade BBQ sauce should be .... BBQ sauce?