What's your favorite crockpot recipe?

Westside

8 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Yeah, like maybe an inch thick. Make sure you get the good stuff, none of that Hillshire farms garbage. Something with a lot of garlic. It works better.

Too late! Already bought Hillshire Farms Turkey kielbasa! Flame away.

• Haha (+1) 1

Been using the Instapot like crazy, so not as much slow cooking as I normally do.

For slow cooker I love a good pot roast - get something with some decent fat that will render slowly and make some ridiculously tender meat at the end (cut with a fork). Throw in the veggies you like - potatoes, carrots, celery is what I use - some spices and diced onion for flavoring - some beef broth to add some liquid. Great hearty meal at the end of the day and you have everything in one - meat, starch, vegetables. Yum!

• Like (+1) 7

34 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Been using the Instapot like crazy, so not as much slow cooking as I normally do.

For slow cooker I love a good pot roast - get something with some decent fat that will render slowly and make some ridiculously tender meat at the end (cut with a fork). Throw in the veggies you like - potatoes, carrots, celery is what I use - some spices and diced onion for flavoring - some beef broth to add some liquid. Great hearty meal at the end of the day and you have everything in one - meat, starch, vegetables. Yum!

I have made it just as you described and it came out delicious... except instead of beef broth use red wine, the kind people drink, not that cooking crap. It really does elevate the flavor quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Frozen meatballs, jar of grape jelly, bottle bar-b-que sauce.  Simple, easy and EVERYONE who eats it loves it and asks how I made it.

Trust me.

Add some Mountain Dew to this. You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Too late! Already bought Hillshire Farms Turkey kielbasa! Flame away.

Is that like turkey bacon? Horrible and no one wants to eat it?

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My wife makes this chicken/broccoli/cheese stuff that she serves over mashed potatoes.  All I know is that it has mayonnaise in it along with the milk and cheese. 

The stuff is friggin delicious.  My daughter eats like a finch, and she’ll crush 2 helpings every time.  We have it at least once a week during busy hockey/ski season.

THAT sounds like comfort food to me!

I could never get my wife to eat it with all the dairy in there, but I think it sounds great. We had company last night and she cheated a bit on her no dairy/gluten rule, and she had to lay down when people left. These restrictions blow, but it could be worse. My Father’s Day gift was having people over since cooking for one is not much fun.......

2 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Yeah, pot roast and slow cookers naturally go together. A good way to do it is to brown the roast on all sides before putting it in. It looks better and tastes better. Deglaze the pan with red wine afterward and throw that ***** over the roast. Whole mushrooms are a must for me to add to the pot.

When we've had venison in the house, a venison roast or stew cooks the best in a crock pot too.

Edited by CookieG

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Frozen meatballs, jar of grape jelly, bottle bar-b-que sauce.  Simple, easy and EVERYONE who eats it loves it and asks how I made it.

Trust me.

Been there, made this.  Easy and awesome 

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Trust me.

I remember this from college: Frozen meatballs, jar of orange marmalade, bottle of BBQ sauce, sweet onions and pineapple chucks.

Server on skewers.  

Surprisingly, roasting a chicken in the crock pot is easy and delicious. You don’t get the crispy skin of an oven, but it is very moist.

by the way, I don’t believe in pulled pork in the crock pot. It’s morally repugnant. I know too many terrible home cooks that think they are gourmet chefs by throwing a big chunk of fatty pork into the crock pot and then dumping bbq sauce on that mushy mess later. 

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

16 hours ago, LB3 said:

Add some Mountain Dew to this. You're welcome.

Good advice! You never want to sleep thru your diarrhea!  ?

I kid..........mostly.

You have to admit this recipe sounds a little weird, but I’d try it for sure. Stranger things have happened. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Surprisingly, roasting a chicken in the crock pot is easy and delicious. You don’t get the crispy skin of an oven, but it is very moist.

by the way, I don’t believe in pulled pork in the crock pot. It’s morally repugnant. I know too many terrible home cooks that think they are gourmet chefs by throwing a big chunk of fatty pork into the crock pot and then dumping bbq sauce on that mushy mess later. 

?

• Haha (+1) 1