What's your favorite crockpot recipe?

Westside

My wife makes lamb curry.  I am sorry not have recipe but I love lamb curry for the potatoes, onions and carrots absorb the lamb flavor.

She uses "House Foods Vermont Curry Mild Mix" - yea a Vermont curry sound odd but it has apples and honey in it.  

It is actually a Japanese curry made in Japan and has been around over 50 years.

They make different versions (Med, Med-Hot, Hot) but no hots like Indian curries.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'd go along with chicken and stuffing although I have done beef stew (which is actually great cold as well as hot), chili, and pulled pork.

• Like (+1) 2

My wife makes this chicken/broccoli/cheese stuff that she serves over mashed potatoes.  All I know is that it has mayonnaise in it along with the milk and cheese. 

The stuff is friggin delicious.  My daughter eats like a finch, and she’ll crush 2 helpings every time.  We have it at least once a week during busy hockey/ski season.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My wife makes this chicken/broccoli/cheese stuff that she serves over mashed potatoes.  All I know is that it has mayonnaise in it along with the milk and cheese. 

The stuff is friggin delicious.  My daughter eats like a finch, and she’ll crush 2 helpings every time.  We have it at least once a week during busy hockey/ski season.

Man, that sounds good!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My wife makes lamb curry.  I am sorry not have recipe but I love lamb curry for the potatoes, onions and carrots absorb the lamb flavor.

She uses "House Foods Vermont Curry Mild Mix" - yea a Vermont curry sound odd but it has apples and honey in it.  

It is actually a Japanese curry made in Japan and has been around over 50 years.

They make different versions (Med, Med-Hot, Hot) but no hots like Indian curries.

That sounds pretty good. I looked up the curry you mentioned online, I'll have to see if any of the local places sell it. If I do find it I'm going to use goat instead of lamb.

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Frozen meatballs, jar of grape jelly, bottle bar-b-que sauce.  Simple, easy and EVERYONE who eats it loves it and asks how I made it.

Trust me.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Frozen meatballs, jar of grape jelly, bottle bar-b-que sauce.  Simple, easy and EVERYONE who eats it loves it and asks how I made it.

Trust me.

A friend brings this dish every year to our Christmas Eve party.  They are awesome and there are never any leftovers.  

She adds raisins, however, which I just pick out because raisins are gross IMO.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Chicken and stuffing one sounds great and easy as ***** to make. I read some of the comments and using cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken sounds good... already have chicken stock in there as it is. Lining the bottom with sticks of celery and some carrots also is a good suggestion.

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

More of an appetizer:

Trust me.

i've had this a number of times too!  it's a bit sweet for me, but i get the appeal.

my wife actually asked me what to make in the crock pot, so we're looking for ideas.  she makes a mexican chicken dish over rice which is solid, and a beef stew.  i like them both, but god we need to change it up.  

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Chicken and stuffing one sounds great and easy as ***** to make. I read some of the comments and using cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken sounds good... already have chicken stock in there as it is. Lining the bottom with sticks of celery and some carrots also is a good suggestion.

Literally set it and forget it.  And it's so good and super filling.

If you're a pulled pork fan there's a really simple recipe that even I couldn't screw up.  All you need is a pork loin, bbq rub, and bbq sauce (I use sweet baby ray's).

Had it last week and had it for lunch three days in a row because it was that good.  Here's the recipe....

https://jenniferbanz.com/crock-pot-pork-loin-bbq-pulled-pork

• Like (+1) 2