Poll: Josh Allen's asset value

Chaos

If Josh Allen was traded for a draft pick today, what would the market value be?   

170 members have voted

1. 1. If Josh Allen was traded for a draft pick today, what would the market value be?

• Exactly a 7th overall pick
    • First round Picks 1 through 6
    • First round pick 8 through 32
    • Second round or later

21 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I recently watched some Youtube combine videos where Mayock was gushing over Josh and wondered what his current opinion would be.  There was always a big divide between the scouts and the analytics types. It seems to still be true.

Mike Mayock had Blaine Gabbert over CAm Newton in their draft. 

He never should have gone seventh overall so it's tough to judge him against that. IMO all the first round guys except for Lamar have lost value around the league. Baker, Sam, and Josh all have a lot to prove. Also, it took a proven guy like Cam months to find a home. Teams aren't trading high draft picks for unproven guys.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

In today’s NFL, with the depravity of good QB’s, especially young. If he were to be back in the draft I would think 3-7 range would be about right. To trade him I would need the first overall pick in a good QB draft so I could have my pick of the litter at replacing him. 

That was very profane.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

He never should have gone seventh overall so it's tough to judge him against that. IMO all the first round guys except for Lamar have lost value around the league. Baker, Sam, and Josh all have a lot to prove. Also, it took a proven guy like Cam months to find a home. Teams aren't trading high draft picks for unproven guys.  

Draft value is a stupid concept. If you couldn't have gotten the player later than where they were taken, then the value was exactly right. 

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Voters ARE Bills Fans.

My answer is based on what I believe what the NFL "mediots" think..... 

Josh is still "too raw" and therefore the higher 8 - 32 applies 

the media doesn't actually decide anything, hence why they are always surprised when a trade goes down. The media would trash the trade, but a young QB with tremendous upside is going to get you multiple high picks. For the love of all that is holy, we gave up a first for Rob Johnson and we got a 3rd for Tyrod "at my ceiling" Taylor.

13 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

In today’s NFL, with the depravity of good QB’s, especially young. If he were to be back in the draft I would think 3-7 range would be about right. To trade him I would need the first overall pick in a good QB draft so I could have my pick of the litter at replacing him. 

Damn those depraved young QBs.

Typo, yeah?

Agreed with your range. 3rd to 7th sounds about right. And I agree the Bills wouldn't take that deal.

6 hours ago, VW82 said:

Teams aren't trading high draft picks for unproven guys.  

Using a draft pick on a college QB is exactly that, though. Does Allen have a better chance of being a franchise QB than Tua? What about Justin Hebert? In this hypothetical scenario some team would give up an early 1st round pick for him.

15 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

de·prav·i·ty
/dəˈpravədē/
noun
  1. moral corruption; wickedness.

23 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I don't usually get picky reading other peoples comments, but the highlighted text isn't even a sentence. Depravity is definitely NOT the word you wanted to use either. Scarcity would have been much better and meaningful. I would want a top 5 draft pick for Allen at this point before I'd even consider a trade offer. I am very pleased with Allen's progress so far and expect continued improvement in his game.

Big Ben is a good QB with no shortage of depravity.