Poll: Josh Allen's asset value

Chaos

If Josh Allen was traded for a draft pick today, what would the market value be?   

170 members have voted

1. 1. If Josh Allen was traded for a draft pick today, what would the market value be?

• Exactly a 7th overall pick
    • First round Picks 1 through 6
    • First round pick 8 through 32
    • Second round or later

I am an all-in believer that Josh Allen will become a top 5 QB sooner rather than later.  Some think otherwise.  He has played about 1 1/2 seasons of games.  It is early both for my crowning of him, or for people to throw him under the bus. 

The question here is whether or not Josh Allen is more or less valuable than the day he was drafted.  If put on the trading block today, would Allen garner a 7th overall pick as he did on draft day, or would he command a higher or lower pick?

Edited by Chaos

4 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Not to be a jerk but he was the #7 1st round pick. I know that's what you meant.

Thank you, I had caught that error in the poll before I posted it. Forgot to change the comment. Have done that now.  Pre-coffee syndrome. 

11 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

In today’s NFL, with the depravity of good QB’s, especially young. If he were to be back in the draft I would think 3-7 range would be about right. To trade him I would need the first overall pick in a good QB draft so I could have my pick of the litter at replacing him. 

I don't usually get picky reading other peoples comments, but the highlighted text isn't even a sentence. Depravity is definitely NOT the word you wanted to use either. Scarcity would have been much better and meaningful. I would want a top 5 draft pick for Allen at this point before I'd even consider a trade offer. I am very pleased with Allen's progress so far and expect continued improvement in his game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Invaluable.....this player is not available for trade :)

This guy is such a perfect fit here there is no way to gauge value other than to say they could have traded up to #1 and I would still be ok with it ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are enough people who think (excluding sports "journalists") that Josh ceiling is very high and the importance of Quarterbacks is so high .. you would get multiple first rounders for him. He has answered many of the unknowns about him and has improved on others. If at least two other GMs really liked him ( and there would be two that do) he would fetch a ton. having stated that for the very same reaspons I wouldn't trade him for any picks and for nobody not named Patrick Mahommes or Russell Wilson

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

voters are forgetting that not only is he a former #7, BUT, he also has two years in the league under his belt.  the 2 years is a BIG deal.  He gets multiple picks , maybe two #1's included if the Bills wanted to trade him.  I just can't fathom how this is a reality based exercise.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, bigK14094 said:

voters are forgetting that not only is he a former #7, BUT, he also has two years in the league under his belt.  the 2 years is a BIG deal.  He gets multiple picks , maybe two #1's included if the Bills wanted to trade him.  I just can't fathom how this is a reality based exercise.

Voters ARE Bills Fans.

My answer is based on what I believe what the NFL "mediots" think..... 

Josh is still "too raw" and therefore the higher 8 - 32 applies 

I mean, the team is more important than the pick. If we are trading him to someone with a lower 1st round pick they would offer additional picks to make up the difference.

But honestly I don't think a first rounder would do it. It would take multiple. Josh Allen isn't available to be traded unless the compensation is just ridiculous.

Doesn't mean he's a top QB in the NFL, but he has shown enough that his potential to be a really good QB is evident if he puts in the work and keeps improving.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I don't usually get picky reading other peoples comments, but the highlighted text isn't even a sentence. Depravity is definitely NOT the word you wanted to use either. Scarcity would have been much better and meaningful. I would want a top 5 draft pick for Allen at this point before I'd even consider a trade offer. I am very pleased with Allen's progress so far and expect continued improvement in his game.

Cheesecake Factory comes to mind...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

?? don’t judge my overly tired posting. Sometimes I zombie surf on my phone and what better place to come than here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

?? don’t judge my overly tired posting. Sometimes I zombie surf on my phone and what better place to come than here. 

Do you know how many posts I write out and then discard, as opposed to posting on here?  Cathartic, yet not embarrassing.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

He’s also lost two years of his cheap contract though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Voters ARE Bills Fans.

My answer is based on what I believe what the NFL "mediots" think..... 

Josh is still "too raw" and therefore the higher 8 - 32 applies 

Josh was a top 10 pick when he was REALLY "too raw", and now he's had two seasons of development and on the rise.  NFL GMs aren't your average mediocre.  Come on now...