Give me your three top movie posters you would hang in a movie room

SDS

39 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Isn't this the original?  I had it as a kid, and I think I purchased it in the movie theater lobby, the first weekend it was out..;

Amazon.com: Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) Movie Poster ...

I think it’s one of them. All I know is I do not accept “A New Home”. Don’t like “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark” either, titles have to be original.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is the only one I remember:

11B03FF5-AD68-4C9A-A0B8-EDA24A142E91.jpeg

Back in the days when a movie played in theaters for as long as people were paying to see it.  As I recall, Star Wars played at the theater at the Boulevard Mall (can't remember the name of the theater) for over a year...well over a year.  I saw it 12 times.  I think this poster was one that came along later.  I am fairly certain the one I posted above, was the original.  I remember staring at it obsessively, before I saw the movie, wondering what everything was.  Or, that might have been the book cover.

23 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Back in the days when a movie played in theaters for as long as people were paying to see it.  As I recall, Star Wars played at the theater at the Boulevard Mall (can't remember the name of the theater) for over a year...well over a year.  I saw it 12 times.  I think this poster was one that came along later.  I am fairly certain the one I posted above, was the original.  I remember staring at it obsessively, before I saw the movie, wondering what everything was.  Or, that might have been the book cover.

you are right. 

https://screencrush.com/star-wars-posters-gallery/

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

THAT has to be my favorite, with or without music. The music adds a lot! 

Last weekend was the 45th anniversary of the release of JAWS.  I finally cracked open the blu-ray copy I purchased about 5 years ago. Although it is one of my all-time favorite movies, I hadn't watched it in about 20 years...god, it is still a fantastic movie.  If you ever get the blu-ray, one of the bonus features is a "making of" documentary. It is almost as good as the movie itself. In it, they mentioned that they did a handful of test screenings in theaters before release.  It wasn't until the final testing that they showed it with the theme music. Spielberg said though it did well in the previous showings, with the music, you could just feel the anxiety in the theater.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...