Pats*** finally penalized for taping

Rubes

After seeing this minimal penalty imposed, is it any surprise that the cheaters keep on cheating?  I believe that this is the fourth time that they have been sanctioned by the league.  In a normal corporate environment, most businesses use a progressive corrective disciplinary approach.  This means that repeat violators of rules or policies receive successively harsher penalties for each new infraction.  The idea is that a normal offender will recognize that the next penalty is not worth the next violation and they change their behavior.  If Belicheat knew he could be looking at a year out of the league for his next infraction, I'm sure he would have everyone behaving.  It's time for Roger to kick some butt with NE.  I'm surprised that the other owners haven't gone off the rails about the constant cheating.

• Thank you (+1) 5

18 hours ago, stevewin said:

Once again - the advntage they get from continuously cheating far outweighs the punishment they get.  They know exactly what they are doing.

Yeah - the one year there will be no games...

There will be games. I agree that they know exactly what they are doing but I could see Kraft giving Belicheat the side eye while writing the million dollar check to Roger and saying “really? The Bengals? Not the chiefs. Not the Ravens. The Bengals?”

23 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

After seeing this minimal penalty imposed, is it any surprise that the cheaters keep on cheating?  I believe that this is the fourth time that they have been sanctioned by the league.  In a normal corporate environment, most businesses use a progressive corrective disciplinary approach.  This means that repeat violators of rules or policies receive successively harsher penalties for each new infraction.  The idea is that a normal offender will recognize that the next penalty is not worth the next violation and they change their behavior.  If Belicheat knew he could be looking at a year out of the league for his next infraction, I'm sure he would have everyone behaving.  It's time for Roger to kick some butt with NE.  I'm surprised that the other owners haven't gone off the rails about the constant cheating.

I think I remember hearing or reading something somewhere that they aren't allowed to be vocal in their complaints regarding the league or the Commissioner, at least not publicly. 

Edited by BigPappy
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not being able to record games in 2020 is the biggest penalty. 

They'll get around that by hiring some independent contractor who will never have any known connection to the team.   Bill may get a lot of FedEx deliveries.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There will be games. I agree that they know exactly what they are doing but I could see Kraft giving Belicheat the side eye while writing the million dollar check to Roger and saying “really? The Bengals? Not the chiefs. Not the Ravens. The Bengals?”

Yeah the "year w/ no games" was sarcasm (though honestly I won't be surprised if they don't make it through the full season).

People seem to forget the Bengals was just where they got caught - zero doubt they've been taping other games all along.

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

In a normal corporate environment they would have been thrown out a long time ago - and blacklisted for the scum they are.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His response - everyone needs practice not just players.

3 hours ago, BigPappy said:

I think I remember hearing or reading something somewhere that they aren't allowed to be vocal in their complaints regarding the league or the Commissioner, at least not publicly. 

Aren't allowed??  They own the league.  They can say what they want. What they have very consistently demonstrated is that they really don't care about all this stuff.  

The money is so good, they will not let these things interrupt the cash flow.  They didn't care about the buried CTE data.  They didn't care about the whole unforced error that was Kaepernick and the knelling.  But they are going ton get their backs up over this??

So many people don't understand how these guys operate, or how the NFL works.  These guys aren't fans...they own an entertainment business.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

That’ll show’em, Roger.  Shouldn’t the consequences be more severe than last time they were caught cheating? That’s typically how things work, but apparently not in the NFL.  Next time they get caught cheating, it’ll only be a 5th rounder.  

Nope... Next time they will owe me, personally, two lobster rolls, and you one unused Brady "enjoyment tool" .

Let's be real, tho: lobster rolls are pretty pricey, folks... That's something.