Pats*** finally penalized for taping

Rubes

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

It's almost as if the NFL is incentivizing these types of acts...

Only an incentive for NE to keep doing it.  Any other team would have paid MUCH more.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

I have handed down stern punishment against the New England franchise in this case both to punish the rule breaking and to signal that other such offenses by any team will not be tolerated by the league.

Since nobody ever asks Roger in person.............would you be upset if I suggested @Gugny punch your avatar in the face. It seems a good starting point.  

:)

• Haha (+1) 3

Weak punishment lets them know they can continue to skirt the rules set forth. I would have banned them permanently from filming. Instead they would have to pay the league to use 3rd party film crew who documents everything being done is according to the rules.

Penalties of this type, this much after the act, aren't going to deter them from doing this in the future.

Penalties need to be implemented swifter and in a way that hurts him in a football sense.  Like take a win away from them, or something like that, in the season in which they do this stuff.

They'll keep doing it.

MLB catches someone stealing signs and they’re all banned for 1 year. Most who were involved, fired. 

Pats* get caught cheating for the umteenth time this week, and are essentially fined Reid Ferguson’s salary for 1 year. (Oh, and a comp pick that they’ll be awarded 6 more of later in the year) 

Someone needs to tell Goodell to go easy on these poor guys.. ☠️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not being able to record games in 2020 is the biggest penalty. 

That should absolutely kill them....especially if there is no 2020 season ;)

Hopefully it carries forward if 2020 is a no go.

I called WGR550 this morning and they were very dismissive on the topic. Howard Simon was surprised the Patriots lost a draft pick. Both Howard and Jeremy wanted to get back to talking about Cam Newton as they’re dedicating the whole show to that topic.