Cam Newton to Pats.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, MJS said:

Cam Newton: "I'm tired if being humble."

Hmm. Never seemed like the humble type to me.

...so you don't think his pajama clad fedora topped pressers are humble?......Scam is the quintessential "the W is ALL on Me" and the "L is ALL on THEM (teammates)"......he's all yours Belly Boy......

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so you don't think his pajama clad fedora topped pressers are humble?......Scam is the quintessential "the W is ALL on Me" and the "L is ALL on THEM (teammates)"......he's all yours Belly Boy......

When did he say these?

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

To you maybe. The rest of us realize no QB has done that to this defense, ever. 

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson are capable. 

I mean, I posted it, thought it was clearly a bit of hyperbole. But Watson lit us up in the second half and came “pretty close” 250 passing 2PTD 55 rushing 1 RTD. That’s probably closer to what I was talking about. 

In all honesty, I am not sure how many times a QB’s has ever put up 350+ passing and 85+ rushing and 3TDs. Other than playing Madden. 

If I didn’t hate the team (and if there was actually going to be football this year), I would probably watch a lot of the pats just because I am curious what BB does with an athlete behind center. 

EDIT: Just searched it on PFR. Literally no QB has ever thrown for at least 350 yards, 2TD, 85 Rushing yards, and a rushing TD. 

Edited by Mango
Stats

On 7/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, ScottLaw said:

Watson had 5 incompletions in 5 quarters of football against our vaunted defense....

My god you cherry pick at the most annoying level.

We gave up 22 points in 5 quarters on the road in which our offense did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half.  But incompletions....that’s how you measure a defense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god you cherry pick at the most annoying level.

We gave up 22 points in 5 quarters on the road in which our offense did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half.  But incompletions....that’s how you measure a defense.

I agree with both you and @ScottLaw. Largely the defense played well, or at least well enough to win that game. But Watson also had his way through most of the second half. They couldn’t get off the field and allows a bunch of long drives. Ie. Only 5 incomplete passes. 

Offense botched that game first and foremost. A better second half from the offense probably gets a better performance out of the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And that's partly why I didn't think he would fit with the Patriots. Cam is a huge cry baby and constantly gets butt hurt when things aren't going his way. Doesn't seem like BB would want to deal with that.

But we'll see. I am not totally convinced Cam will win the starting job, actually.

Edited by MJS