Cam Newton to Pats.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s weird that people love TB but I just don’t think he’s really that good.  He’s like a slightly worse Chad Pennington with a tan. 

He resurrected his career filling in for Brees and going 5-0 during that time.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Panthers dumped the face of the franchise for him, he must be doing something right.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

He played fairly well but the Saints are a great situation.  I believe the stat is he averaged the least air yards per pass.  If I was playing Carolina, you just sit on the short stuff and McCaffery and make him beat you over the top.  I don’t think he can.

that said, salute to him for coming back from his injury and getting paid.  

On 6/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Back2Buff said:

There have been plenty of years were Cam has been healthy and not great.  He is just an average QB with injury issues.

I said he has been above-average to great depending on the season. He's won an MVP. He averages 30 TDs and 16 turnovers per year, which for a running QB and including fumbles isn't too terrible. He averages 600 yards rushing per year, to go along with 3600 yards passing. If healthy he has more physical talent than most.

The main factor will be if he is healthy.

That ex Colts kicker guys YouTube show talks about Cam being the back up. Could you just see it now, heads exploding all over pundit land, ?

On 6/29/2020 at 2:12 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Peterman is all time bad from game 1. Least talented QB to maybe get any real NFL look.

EJ showed promise at points. He actually played decent at points.

Big difference.

Peterman was a (5th )round pick NOT(1st) and didn’t set this franchise back for 5 years 

When it comes to Peterman we ALL knew he’s not the answer and didn’t wait for 3 years hoping that light switch would come on THAT’S the BIG difference 

Edited by Putin

On 6/29/2020 at 3:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

How intact is their team  from last year as far as coaches and players. I know they lost some, notably the ST coordinator and OL coach plus van noy, Jamie Collins, Elandon Roberts and Danny Shelton. 

I think they added in the WR dept with Harry being back from injury, and the D still looks tough.  

4 hours ago, Putin said:

Peterman was a (5th )round pick NOT(1st) and didn’t set this franchise back for 5 years 

When it comes to Peterman we ALL knew he’s not the answer and didn’t wait for 3 years hoping that light switch would come on THAT’S the BIG difference 

We all knew it from game 1?

We sure as heck should have considering his historically atrocious start in the NFL.

Yet, he was not only to start another game that season, but was allowed to be a part of a legitimate QB competition THAT HE "WON" :lol: and start again in the ensuing swason.

and posters here thought he'd be good... make no mistake about that...

maybe you were one of them. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Peterman didn’t prevent us from drafting another QB , again EJ was a first round pick that set this franchise back for years ...,

Not only that but the year after we used two first round picks for a WR because the FO went all in on EJ , THATS THE DIFFERENCE... 

How exactly did EJ set the Franchise back for years?

We acquired draft picks for him by trading back. We didn't lose draft picks.

Blame the GM and coaching staff for failing to pull the trigger quickly the way Arizona did on Josh Rosen or the Panthers did on Jimmy Clausen or the Jaguars did on Jimmy Clausen or the Broncos did on Paxton Lynch. Those organizations pulled the trigger quick. Not EJ's fault OBD didn't.

By this same argument Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor all also set this franchise back for years. None of them were drafted in the 1st round.

Peterman was needlessly given incredibly valuable snaps in  the offseason of Allen's rookie year. Never should have happened. I would argue Peterman hindered Allen's growth with that.

You seem desperate to defend Peterman for some strange reason.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How exactly did EJ set the Franchise back for years?

We acquired draft picks for him by trading back. We didn't lose draft picks.

Blame the GM and coaching staff for failing to pull the trigger quickly the way Arizona did on Josh Rosen or the Panthers did on Jimmy Clausen or the Jaguars did on Jimmy Clausen or the Broncos did on Paxton Lynch. Those organizations pulled the trigger quick. Not EJ's fault OBD didn't.

By this same argument Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor all also set this franchise back for years. None of them were drafted in the 1st round.

Peterman was needlessly given incredibly valuable snaps in  the offseason of Allen's rookie year. Never should have happened. I would argue Peterman hindered Allen's growth with that.

You seem desperate to defend Peterman for some strange reason.

The plan for Allen was to sit and learn his rookie year ,  and maybe start few games towards the end of the season , so to say that Peterman took valuable snaps from Allen is just not true , the truth is it should have been a veteran QB who should have been taken those snaps someone that Allen could learn from and not Peterman , 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:23 PM, Muppy said:

THIS is the guy Bills fans are all up in arms over the Pats signing?? LOL **clicking his heels** There's no place like New England, There's no place like New England"

The real reason behind Cam Newton’s foot injury...

EFXDg8_WsAAl7U6?format=jpg&name=small

Caption:

Despite a valiant effort, the Pats new QB was unable to out-feminine his predecessor.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Looks like he's going to have to earn the spot.

I mean maybe that’s why I said “presumptive” but if he really rolls in there and doesn’t win the job from Stidham then he doesn’t even deserve the contract he got, horrible that it is.

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I mean maybe that’s why I said “presumptive” but if he really rolls in there and doesn’t win the job from Stidham then he doesn’t even deserve the contract he got, horrible that it is.

I’m guessing it’s due to the situation with his foot and shoulder that he got such a small gtd $. It’s crazy how little they gave him but then again they don’t have much to spend. He can earn a big contract next year though if he is healthy and stays healthy. And that’s why he took it, it’s the best situation for him for NEXT year’s deal.