Cam Newton to Pats.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Reading the local papers here in NH, apparently signing this QB no one wanted guarantees the Pats a few more Super Bowls. So Bills fans should lower their sights to a wild card berth.

Love me some Cam but nah

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Reading the local papers here in NH, apparently signing this QB no one wanted guarantees the Pats a few more Super Bowls. So Bills fans should lower their sights to a wild card berth.

Weird people would get excited about signing a former MVP qb.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dan Shaunnessy was on Cleveland radio this morning and said the pats were going to win the afc East with or without Cam, because they are the pats and the bills are the bills. Wicked smaht. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dan Shaunnessy was on Cleveland radio this morning and said the pats were going to win the afc East with or without Cam, because they are the pats and the bills are the bills. Wicked smaht. 

In fairness, can you blame people for thinking this?  To be the man, you have to beat the man. Woo!

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In fairness, can you blame people for thinking this?  To be the man, you have to beat the man. Woo!

Yes. Yes I can blame the man. Lazy thinking. Going on past results when everything's changed.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird people would get excited about signing a former MVP qb.

Maybe we should sign Joe Montana?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree to a certain extent.  However as someone who is skeptical of Allen, it has close to the resume of Cam (Heisman, National champ, rookie passing records, MVP, SB), I would be fighting people arguing how good he has been.  Those Auburn and that Panthers SB team were not that good.  He carried them.

He completed 68% of his passes two years ago and was having the best passing season of his career.

Beat.....to.....*****

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Now that he is in NE*, it will be interesting to see if Newton is protected by the refs and the league like Brady was. He took some brutal on field hits while in Carolina where no flag was (and should have been) thrown and that Brady never would have had to endure. He should benefit with an upgraded offensive line now but, if the league continues to look the other way while defenses light him up, he may be out of the league sooner rather than later. Either way, he'll have his hands full as there are no defensive stiffs in the AFC East, unlike the NFC South. 

It's a good point. But, I think if you look at the rest of the league, it has been historically pretty common for defenses to be given a much longer leash when facing exceptionally mobile QBs. Tyrod Taylor used to get mashed, as did Vick. These days, though, with the specter of CTE always present, I think refs are being pretty strict regarding roughing the passer. I don't recall hits on Allen getting ignored, and I don't think that was an issue with Lamar Jackson, either (although I didn't see many Baltimore games).

All that being said, I think given his injury history, and the team he will be playing for, your point stands, and Jerry Hughs will have to watch himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you see a lot of evidence to contradict that statement?

If so, I'd be curious to know what it is.

McD is 0-6 against BB.  I guess if he plays enough games he has to win one of them at some point.  Or does he?

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you see a lot of evidence to contradict that statement?

If so, I'd be curious to know what it is.

McD is 0-6 against BB.  I guess if he plays enough games he has to win one of them at some point.  Or does he?

Well, "the Bills being the Bills" is an epithet the Bills earned when they went 17 years without making the playoffs.  Getting there twice in three years definitely flies in the face of that reputation. If the discussion was whether the Bills can beat the Pats, that would be one thing. But that isn't the question. So, yeah,  plenty to contradict that statement. 

I’m having trouble finding the information about when signings are no longer counted in the comp pick calculations. 

I suspect the Cam signing was well past the deadline but can anyone confirm?

if so, the 3rd they’re going to get for Brady leaving was salvaged on the same day they lost a 3rd for cheating. 

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Well, "the Bills being the Bills" is an epithet the Bills earned when they went 17 years without making the playoffs.  Getting there twice in three years definitely flies in the face of that reputation. If the discussion was whether the Bills can beat the Pats, that would be one thing. But that isn't the question. So, yeah,  plenty to contradict that statement. 

huh? The question was who is going to win the division. Nothing was said about playoffs. It’s easier to make the playoffs now with an extra wild card team. Another statement that has nothing to do with the question. 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I’m having trouble finding the information about when signings are no longer counted in the comp pick calculations. 

if so, the 3rd they’re going to get for Brady leaving was salvaged on the same day they lost a 3rd for cheating. 

huh? The question was who is going to win the division. Nothing was said about playoffs. It’s easier to make the playoffs now with an extra wild card team. Another statement that has nothing to do with the question. 

I love the condescending “huh” followed by a comment that completely misses the point. Embarrassing every time. 

McD is 0-6 against BB. McD can go 0-8 against BB and still win the division. One does not equal the other. It therefore does not follow that them not being able to beat BB means its still the same old Bills. 

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I love the condescending “huh” followed by a comment that completely misses the point. Embarrassing every time. 

McD is 0-6 against BB. McD can go 0-8 against BB and still win the division. One does not equal the other. It therefore does not follow that them not being able to beat BB means its still the same old Bills. 

Misses the point? What’s the point? You’re talking about winning  the division and your evidence is making the playoffs.

Wins or losses against the patriots have more effect on the division tie breakers, so McDermott’s record against them matters. 

36 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Deadline is fluid year to year -- this year was 4/27. And yes, they are notorious for signing players immediately after the deadline hits.

• Like (+1) 1