Cam Newton to Pats.

Just now, Happy said:

The Pats needed to win that game to get a bye and bypass the Wildcard round.  You best believe that NE wanted to win that game against Miami.  Being in the SB 2 out of 3 years has nothing to do with anything, sounds like another excuse for McDermott.

So are you saying the Patriots were just as talented this year as the 2 previous years?

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So are you saying the Patriots were just as talented this year as the 2 previous years?

I didn't say that.  I just said that has nothing to do with anything.  You have to beat the Patriots when you play them, how they were a year or two years or ten years ago is immaterial. In 2019 both Miami and Buffalo had to play NE twice.  Buffalo was 0-2, Miami was 1-1, that says all you need to know.  Stop making excuses for McDermott's inability to dethrone them.

Edited by Happy

Cam Newton had multiple seasons similar to Josh Allen's 2019.  Most similar were Cam's 2014 and 2017.  I did not realize how similar these would be.  Maybe the Patriots staff gets more production from Cam and maybe Josh is ascending but this is certainly interesting.

Allen vs Newton.JPG

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The media believes he’s going to be much better on the Pats than he was on the Panthers 

I think that, and they think he'll finally be healthy. Now, staying healthy is another issue. When healthy, Newton is above average to great, depending on the year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Why is everyone scared of Cam Newton?

When it comes to NE I am more concerned with Allen and the offense against Belichick and their defense. If the Bills can hold their own in this matchup then they should be 1-1 and maybe even 2-0. The Bills defense will be fine against the Pats offense no matter who the QB is. Also ST and who wins the turnover battle play a part as well obviously but the Bills O vs the Pats D is the key matchup in these games

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Why is everyone scared of Cam Newton?

Because sports media made up some crap that football nerds decided to believe. 

Go Bills!!!

Regardless of if there QB is Cam, was Brady still, or ends up being Stidham. The Bills still need to find a way to beat the Pats. With the roster they have constructed, if Allen takes another leap, they should at least split. 

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

I think that, and they think he'll finally be healthy. Now, staying healthy is another issue. When healthy, Newton is above average to great, depending on the year.

There have been plenty of years were Cam has been healthy and not great.  He is just an average QB with injury issues.

14 hours ago, vincec said:

He was and apparently is a very polarizing QB, much like our own Josh Allen

Agree to a certain extent.  However as someone who is skeptical of Allen, it has close to the resume of Cam (Heisman, National champ, rookie passing records, MVP, SB), I would be fighting people arguing how good he has been.  Those Auburn and that Panthers SB team were not that good.  He carried them.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not when they have been beat to ***** like Cam Newton has and given the TYPE of QB he is....this is not ultra accurate the ball out instantly Tom Brady we are talking about....this is take huge hits hasnt played well in 3 years Cam Newton

I probably have years of football on you.....your takes are aweful

So you think he is going to change his game?

He completed 68% of his passes two years ago and was having the best passing season of his career.

Now that he is in NE*, it will be interesting to see if Newton is protected by the refs and the league like Brady was. He took some brutal on field hits while in Carolina where no flag was (and should have been) thrown and that Brady never would have had to endure. He should benefit with an upgraded offensive line now but, if the league continues to look the other way while defenses light him up, he may be out of the league sooner rather than later. Either way, he'll have his hands full as there are no defensive stiffs in the AFC East, unlike the NFC South. 

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Peyton Manning the first year with the Broncos would disagree. One year removed from neck surgery he put up amazing numbers and went to the SB. He was a shell of himself 24 months later.

One guy is an outlier. Name another. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I like Schefter and think he's credible, but I find it extremely hard to believe that the only other team to contact him was the Browns.

I don’t find it that hard to believe. Beane said back when he got cut that they didn’t even put a call in knowing that he wanted to start, which he said they respected. I assume his agent told all 31 teams he wanted to start, so that narrowed it down considerably. Then it’s a matter of whether you need a starter. At the time that he was cut, many teams had already signed FAs to come in to start like Tampa and others were waiting until the draft to determine their plans. Those that drafted guys like LAC probably want a different type of vet in place that doesn’t threaten the rookie. There just weren’t any seats left that fit both his interests and the team needs. The one that i find interesting is Jags not being involved, but that could be a straight up tank job this year. 

• Like (+1) 2