Cam Newton to Pats.

THIS is the guy Bills fans are all up in arms over the Pats signing?? LOL **clicking his heels** There's no place like New England, There's no place like New England"

The real reason behind Cam Newton’s foot injury...

EFXDg8_WsAAl7U6?format=jpg&name=small

another thought I have is Mr red shoes newton wont be performing so well ON HiS BACK after the Bills D-line crushes him. Guy is toast.

Edited by Muppy
  • Haha (+1) 2

I really find it so weird that people are so positive about this for the Pats. The Pats are unquestionably better today than they were Saturday. There’s been a lot of talk about Brady but he wasn’t going to be there this year anyways. The comparison isn’t Brady vs. Cam; it is Stidham vs. Cam. I don’t think that the Pats are great but they are much better now.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I really find it so weird that people are so positive about this for the Pats. The Pats are unquestionably better today than they were Saturday. There’s been a lot of talk about Brady but he wasn’t going to be there this year anyways. The comparison isn’t Brady vs. Cam; it is Stidham vs. Cam. I don’t think that the Pats are great but they are much better now.

this is where i'm at with it.  it makes the pats better, (even if it's just a little bit) and that's not a good thing.  that being said, if the bills can't beat the pats with cam, that's on the bills.  they've had their time to develop into who they've wanted to be under mcd and beane.  time to make it work.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

generally, this is correct.  But not winning a playoff game since 1995, the "sky is falling" fans have been more correct than not.  

Further, the Pats** won the division last year with a version of Brady who is worse that current Cam.  The Pats just got better than they were last year.  

How intact is their team  from last year as far as coaches and players. I know they lost some, notably the ST coordinator and OL coach plus van noy, Jamie Collins, Elandon Roberts and Danny Shelton. 

• Like (+1) 1

Our defense is so good that even if Cam works he'll have issues vs. us.

I didn't think this would happen due to fit with Pats/McDaniels. Presumably they'll change their offense and try to use more PA?? Or maybe they don't and secretly hope Stidham wins the job. It would be the most NFL thing ever to have Josh and Cam playing each other in spread the whole time trying to play read the defense.  

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Our defense is so good that even if Cam works he'll have issues vs. us.

I didn't think this would happen due to fit with Pats/McDaniels. Presumably they'll change their offense and try to use more PA?? Or maybe they don't and secretly hope Stidham wins the job. It would be the most NFL thing ever to have Josh and Cam playing each other in spread the whole time trying to play read the defense.  

McDaniels did fine with Tebow. Cam is much better than that. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills offense was worse than the Pats "dogschitt" offense. 

Pay attention, junior, we're talking about THIS season.  The Bills added Diggs and two more WRs, and added Moss while subtracting Gore.  The Pats*** lost the GOAT, Gronk, and their HOF OL coach.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, you pretty much have to ask, would I rather face Stidham/Hoyer or Cam twice next year?

Easy answers IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe, but bringing in a high profile vet QB seems to never end up being low risk.  Any other position, sure.  But if Cam comes out and gets hurt or craps the bed, and the QBs behind him are now unprepared and unconfident, things might get ugly.  

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean, yea Cam makes the Pats better but they literally had the worst QB room in the NFL, so that wasn’t hard to do. How much better they are depends on what version of Cam they are getting.

I’m still not seeing how Cams personality and way he works, fits with BB. It’ll interesting to say the least. Maybe it works, I guess we will find out.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure Cam will work out. Nevertheless, this is a steal for the Patriots. Nothing to lose. I have a hard time thinking Cam will be a good Bellicheat student. However, Cam is always Nice if he is winning. The Pats know how to win.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Maybe, but bringing in a high profile vet QB seems to never end up being low risk.  Any other position, sure.  But if Cam comes out and gets hurt or craps the bed, and the QBs behind him are now unprepared and unconfident, things might get ugly.  

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean, yea Cam makes the Pats better but they literally had the worst QB room in the NFL, so that wasn’t hard to do. How much better they are depends on what version of Cam they are getting.

I’m still not seeing how Cams personality and way he works, fits with BB. It’ll interesting to say the least. Maybe it works, I guess we will find out.

I guess my point is that they are DEFINITELY better. I don’t know how much better but there’s no doubt in my mind that they have taken a step forward. If the Pats improve, even incrementally, it’s not a positive for the Bills. It may not matter but there’s no way that we can view this as a good thing.  

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess my point is that they are DEFINITELY better. I don’t know how much better but there’s no doubt in my mind that they have taken a step forward. If the Pats improve, even incrementally, it’s not a positive for the Bills. It may not matter but there’s no way that we can view this as a good thing.  

Oh I’m not doubting they are better now, they are. I’m just not sure how much better and therefore not sure how much it really effects this Bills team.

Here’s an interesting thought experiment, which FA QB do you think would have had the most success with the Pats:  Dalton, Winston or Newton?

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The thought of the Pats going down in flames with Stidham just isn’t as funny as it is with Cam. Stidham isn’t even meh.

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Honestly I'd be more scared of Tyrod Taylor than Cam as QB for the Pats. 

I wouldn’t go that far. Fitzy on the Pats, yes.