Cam Newton to Pats.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

B33816AC-E551-4E17-9063-90F22B3114BA.jpegHe is scheduled to make less money than Matt Barkley!!!

Cam has $120+ million in career earnings, not including endorsements.

This is a pretty clear sign, I think, of how serious Newton is about winning and playing for Belichick.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

This is a pretty clear sign, I think, of how serious Newton is about winning and playing for Belichick.

I don’t think he had any other options if he wants to start 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Oh for sure.  If Cam plays well for the Pats and shows he’s healthy, he’s going to get paid.  It’s a non lose situation for both parties.

32 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

Gotta love all “the Sky is falling” fans on here. ???

generally, this is correct.  But not winning a playoff game since 1995, the "sky is falling" fans have been more correct than not.  

Further, the Pats** won the division last year with a version of Brady who is worse that current Cam.  The Pats just got better than they were last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I feel like BB has signed a number of big name WRs over the years who just didn't "get it."  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Cam didn't "get it," especially with the limited learning curve.  Boy I hope that is the case. We will see. 

It takes time to get a doctorate in cheating and he does not have the maskers to hide chemicals like T*m Br*dy has.

• Like (+1) 1

He lowered his asking price. Had to check his ego and now is added to a long list of NFL talent whose skills are in the decline that choose to go to NE with the hopes of obtaining the coveted SB Ring. Unfortunately for Cam, Marcia left. 

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

generally, this is correct.  But not winning a playoff game since 1995, the "sky is falling" fans have been more correct than not.  

Further, the Pats** won the division last year with a version of Brady who is worse that current Cam.  The Pats just got better than they were last year.  

Although this is all correct, I do feel like there has to come a point when we're not projecting the past on this team. I would have to humbly disagree that Cam is better than Brady...in fact, if ever! So, we'll see.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

And which one was an incredibly raw prospect coming out of college, is still on the rise, and just got handed Diggs and Moss?  Ok got it.  Thanks.

Allen hasn't really shown anything as a passer that he will take the next steps 

he is still a mediocre passer in the NFL. overall decent QB because of his running ability but in terms of being a pure passer he is bottom 10 in the league. we will see how he takes advantage 

Edited by Penfield45

It’s telling that of the 31 remaining teams that could have given him a deal, only 1 late in the dance gave him an option-at league minimum.  Maybe they know something that us fans just don’t.  

He is a shell of himself and from what I see, doesn’t have the mental fortitude to handle it-especially if he doesn’t make it as the starter.  Now wouldn’t that be fun to watch here in NE!

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills offense was worse than the Pats "dogschitt" offense. 

But our offense is gonna be much better now with the addition of Diggs. Plus Singletary is getting a second year in the same system and this will be Josh’s 3 rd year under the same system as well. Our offense on paper is 20 million times better than the dog ***** that the pats have. Besides an injured often Edelman, Newton has literally no one to throw to besides him. They’re passing game will struggle mightily. They don’t even have a running game either. If they start Cam and he can’t run they’re in trouble 

4 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s telling that of the 31 remaining teams that could have given him a deal, only 1 late in the dance gave him an option-at league minimum.  Maybe they know something that us fans just don’t.  

He is a shell of himself and from what I see, doesn’t have the mental fortitude to handle it-especially if he doesn’t make it as the starter.  Now wouldn’t that be fun to watch here in NE!

True, but he rocks a babushka.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Statistically, Brady put up better numbers last year than Cam has put up since 2015.