Cam Newton to Pats.

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

When do you think they decided? I think it may have been a while ago, and they waited until the CHEATING penalty was announced to give the media something else to talk about. Curious timing here, I think it’s no coincidence. 

I am not that cynical but I don’t think this just popped up either. I think they knew Cam was going to be their guy if healthy.

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

how delusional do you have to be to ask if Cam is going to make the team or not? lol

For all you know the Patriots have changed their entire offense to tailor Cam. already been confirmed that this signing has been in the process for a while. 

McDaniels built an offense around tebow so I'm sure he has some plans here.  Honestly since their offense is built around some new tight ends, and running the ball, he's probably a good fit assuming his legs and arm are healthy.  A long layoff should help him there. 

Hopefully our rush defense is up to snuff because this teams likely to be ground and pound with defense.  I think newton gives them a few things - Running threat, bigger arm (even with injuries i think his arm's probably still pretty strong), and he's just tough to bring down for sacks.  

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just for emphasis Josh Allen has a career 1.42 TD/INT ratio.  So even after removing Newton's best season he is still ahead of Allen.  Ok got it.  Thanks.  

And which one was an incredibly raw prospect coming out of college, is still on the rise, and just got handed Diggs and Moss?  Ok got it.  Thanks.

Should be fun to see how this pans out for them, and how McD decides to gameplan for Cam should he be healthy and not drive Belicheat nuts.

I think there's alot that can make this a bad move for them, but even if he does manage to be their QB and play effectively, I like our chances against them and for the division. 

Bring it on..

4 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

If my memory serves me well. The Bills D always could contain Cam.

Cam Newton doesn't scare me as a QB. He's a playmaker though. My problem is it gives them a veteran that can still be big time producer. QB won't be the reason they lose games. That was my hope for NE this year. I hoped QB would be a major reason they lose games.

That's still an issue for Buffalo. QB is still a major reason the Bills lose games. I'm hoping Allen takes that next step where we don't have to worry about him.

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

And which one was an incredibly raw prospect coming out of college, is still on the rise, and just got handed Diggs and Moss?  Ok got it.  Thanks.

It’s the NFL.  Can we stop saying Allen is raw?  It’s stupid to draft a raw prospect at 7.  Stop with the excuses.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s the NFL.  Can we stop saying Allen is raw?  It’s stupid to draft a raw prospect at 7.  Stop with the excuses.  

Did I say he is still raw?  And are you actually saying it was STUPID to draft him?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Did I say he is still raw?  And are you actually saying it was STUPID to draft him?

If he doesn’t become a franchise QBs, it will be a very questionable decision.  He is in an ideal situation.  If the offense scores 17 points/ game; he will win 60 % of the games:  he is a flashy gamE manager.  

if Allen succeeds in the nfl, we are banking on him becoming a better qb in the nfl than he was in the mountain west conference.  I said if he does, I will build a statue to McBeane in front of Buffalo city hall. 

21 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I guess Cam is finally going to start getting some of the calls from the refs

We will see.  He has been the least protected QB in the league since his rookie year.  The Pats effect will be on full display.  Will it now be legal to hit Brady?!?!

• Like (+1) 1