Cam Newton to Pats.

11 hours ago, CSBill said:

The surprise is Cam could only get a minimum deal. Come on, he’s better than half the starters in the league, let alone the well paid clipboard holders. .... Did he take a knee or something?

It has to do with Newton picking a team and fitting the salary under the cap, not free market supply/demand economics...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He better win quickly because the Bahhston media won’t be as nice as the Charlotte media 

Agreed.  A significant portion of that "fan base" will turn on him like a MF if he underperforms.   

Boston's actually a tough market for a guy like Newton and the pressure to follow the GOAT will be enormous.   If anybody's head is going to explode, it's likely to be Cam's rather than BB's...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s funny. 

He better win quickly because the Bahhston media won’t be as nice as the Charlotte media 

If the Pats finally have a bad year then the fans/media will ignore them and focus on the Sox, B's, and Celtics. That area isn't a great football market like WNY is.

Just now, Greg S said:

If the Pats finally have a bad year then the fans/media will ignore them and focus on the Sox, B's, and Celtics. That area isn't a great football market like WNY is.

I found that there seemed to be a little bit of relief with them thinking this year they wouldn’t have real expectations for the Pats and were going to chalk it up as a transition year and maybe target their QB of the future in the draft. Seems to have changed now and they are back to expecting a SB contender 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I found that there seemed to be a little bit of relief with them thinking this year they wouldn’t have real expectations for the Pats and were going to chalk it up as a transition year and maybe target their QB of the future in the draft. Seems to have changed now and they are back to expecting a SB contender 

With the Newton signing at least we know they won't be tanking for Trevor Lawrence. Even without Cam I figured they would win enough games with their D to keep them away from getting the #1 pick. I still think the Bills win the division. Cam is upgrade for them but he isn't the player he used to be either.

Its a good move for the Pats. I personally believe he is still the worst qb in the AFCE. 

Health issues, arm has dwindled, not as mobile anymore.

If a team can rejuvenate him, its the pats. Either way its a low risk move with some good upside. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Didn’t read through all of the comments but this reminds of when the Bills brought in Bledsoe. Hint: It didn’t work out.

LOL!  I was thinking about how Newton reminds me of Bledsoe even when he was on the Cheaters.  Obviously not with the running, but just a guy who was the first overall pick who, to me, never lived up to expectations and became a shell of himself.  And Newton won't have near the weapons Bledsoe did.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

So why were we the favorites? 

That's my point.  

I'm saying I dont care who their QB is because our D is legit we just need to score.  

The Bills problem with the Pats recently has definitely been beating their defense, not as much their offense like it was in the Rex years. Adding Diggs and Moss and the continuity on the OL and system should help. This Cam thing though is a gift at this point in the offseason. The Bills have been hearing for months how they are the afc East favorites with Brady gone. The narrative is now turning, lots of these guys know Cam very well, and this provides a huge jolt and some juice to their approach imo. Hopefully they will become “underdogs” again at just the right time for McD to pump into their veins again that no one expects them to win. 

• Like (+1) 2

Are people really worried about the Pats*** signing Newton?  The Pats*** offense was dogschitt last year with Brady* -- the GOAT.  Their weapons are arguably worse this year.

The Bills will beat the Pats*** because they have the better team, top to bottom, and Cam Newton doesn't change that.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Are people really worried about the Pats*** signing Newton?  The Pats*** offense was dogschitt last year with Brady* -- the GOAT.  Their weapons are arguably worse this year.

The Bills will beat the Pats*** because they have the better team, top to bottom, and Cam Newton doesn't change that.

If 2015 comes back again then I will be worried with Cam going to the Pats. In 2020 Cam doesn't move the needle that much. On paper the Bills are the best team in the division. They need to prove it on the field and I think they will.

Edited by Greg S

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

If 2015 comes back again then I will be worried with Cam going to the Pats. In 2020 Cam doesn't move the needle that much. On paper the Bills are the best team in the division. They need to prove it on the field and I think they will.

I’m not sure this can be said yet. Patriots beat the bills twice last year and while losing Brady, Cam is capable of putting up the 45 passer rating that Tom did in September. 

Allen is flat out going to have to play QB vs pats d, better than cam does against bills D.

Possible, yes, a fact written on paper? Not yet imo