Cam Newton to Pats.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I predict Cam will be a disaster in New England

The flamboyance of Cam and the stoic coach. This won't end well. That's why he's a 1 year rental. Not that worried but he is better than whatever Stidham would've been so the Bills will have to step it up.

• Like (+1) 3

As a Bills fan, I'm all for this move by NE:

1) The Pats were in cap hell before adding $7.5mil to the mix. They'll have to jettison even more legit talent to fit a broken-down Cam in there.

2) Belichick's head will explode weekly when he sees Cam's "look at me!" press conference wardrobes. Not exactly a fit for "The Patriot Way", huh??

3 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

As a Bills fan, I'm all for this move by NE:

1) The Pats were in cap hell before adding $7.5mil to the mix. They'll have to jettison even more legit talent to fit a broken-down Cam in there.

2) Belichick's head will explode weekly when he sees Cam's "look at me!" press conference wardrobes. Not exactly a fit for "The Patriot Way", huh??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRH1F9xWk8T7dJgDNXchB

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

No surprise. He’s better than that War Eagle guy, but Bills are still team to beat in AFC East. 

IMO this evens things up. I had us as the team to beat if they started Stidham, but with someone better, it's a horse race. Which is more than has been able to be said for a long time.

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The flamboyance of Cam and the stoic coach. This won't end well. That's why he's a 1 year rental. Not that worried but he is better than whatever Stidham would've been so the Bills will have to step it up.

I think it could go either way. Gronk wasn't exactly a shrinking violet. And nobody has said that Cam doesn't give it his all on the field. Nor is Edelman. Nor was Moss.

I love how Bills fans figured the plan in New England would be to move on from Tom Brady and then....

...not replace him with anyone???

I'm no Cam Newton lover but he isn't inept, they still have a great D up there, and Bill Belichick is still Bill Belichick.

I wonder if McDermott can actually win a game against them this year.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Peterman is all time bad from game 1. Least talented QB to maybe get any real NFL look.

EJ showed promise at points. He actually played decent at points.

Big difference.

EJ Manuel only really got one season (15 starts) before the Bills knew he wasn’t the answer. He’s now out of the league.

I think Manuel’s style infuriated coaches and players. He was inaccurate and also afraid to throw the ball down the field. 

Cam with an offensive wizard like Mcdaniels, will be successfull.  He fits the style of play the offense has shaped into.  Run heavy, with chunk plays coming from play action.  New England wasnt going to roll over and die.  Its on the Bills to take everything from them.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Cam with an offensive wizard like Mcdaniels, will be successfull.  He fits the style of play the offense has shaped into.  Run heavy, with chunk plays coming from play action.  New England wasnt going to roll over and die.  Its on the Bills to take everything from them.   

Their problem is the lack of speed on offense. Maybe they can address that before the season. They will see no respect deep.

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yeah he had one massive anomaly season, the only one of his career where he had at least a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and the only one in the last seven years with better than 7.2 yards per pass.  Also the only year he had a passer rating over 88 without dumping 107 completions to CMC.  SOMETHING good was going on with that team and I don't think it was all on Cam.

Do you think he's magically going to have that kind of season again 5 years later and coming off two injuries?

*edit for emphasis*

Outside of that anomaly MVP season with a 3.5-1 TD-INT ratio, he's a career 1.5-1 QB.

Just for emphasis Josh Allen has a career 1.42 TD/INT ratio.  So even after removing Newton's best season he is still ahead of Allen.  Ok got it.  Thanks.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just for emphasis Josh Allen has a career 1.42 TD/INT ratio.  So even after removing Newton's best season he is still ahead of Allen.  Ok got it.  Thanks.  

Josh Allen only played two seasons , and for the first time he will actually have a true number 1 WR 

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

TD/INT ratio isn’t that important IMO. You can have one or two games that skews it in either direction. Look at the Redskins who completely tanked the last two weeks of the season on defense giving up 9 combined TD passes to Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones. Great stat padding for those guys. 

I think YPA is the best stat to give you an idea as to how effective a QB is. For a standard QB I think anything below 7.5 isn’t workable. Guys like Allen and Newton can probably be a little under that given their ability to run. 

Newton is strange in that his first two years and his MVP year he was 7.8+ which is very good. Beyond that he’s only been above 7.0 one time. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey Bill.....here is a little exercise for you.....show me the name players that have gone to New England to get their careers going again.

Then I will provide you a list of players where they went to New England and didnt.....

Go ahead.....lets play

Not to defend Bill so much, but I agree with this much, that New England has helped a lot of guys reenergize their careers or create them from nothing. It hasn't worked with everyone by any means, but their tactic of bringing in undervalued guys has worked very well over the years.

Welker

Amendola

Dion Lewis

Chris Hogan

Kyle Van Noy

Ninkovich

Brandon LaFell

LeGarrette Blount

Dan Connolly

Randy Moss (yeah, he'd clearly been dogging it in Oakland)

Danny Woodhead

Vrabel

Larry Izzo

Corey Dillon coming off a down year

Reche Caldwell (RIP) had by far his best year for them

David Patten

Joe Andruzzi

Antowain Smith

Revis was expensive, but helped bring a championship his one year

Edited by Thurman#1

45 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well, yeah, if you throw in Allen's rookie year that was supposed to be a redshirt, yeah, you can make things look bad. But last year Allen was 20/9. More, he greatly improved last year after the NE game. In his last 12 games he had 17 TDs and 3 INTs.

But yeah, throw in the old data if you want to make him look bad.

Not that Allen doesn't have a long way to go. He does. But your argument ignores his trajectory totally, which for a young and improving guy distorts the picture.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

EJ Manuel only really got one season (15 starts) before the Bills knew he wasn’t the answer. He’s now out of the league.

I think Manuel’s style infuriated coaches and players. He was inaccurate and also afraid to throw the ball down the field.

Still much better than Nathan Peterman, perhaps the worst QB to see any significant real NFL game action.

Anyone with eyes could see he would suck from the start.

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

More gripping input from our Jet troll. Thanks! None of us knew this!

smh

• Haha (+1) 3