Cam Newton to Pats.

20 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I do not think there is any closer QB comp for Josh than Cam Newton.  We have likely seen Cam's best football whereas Josh is still ascending.  Cam in 2014 was very much like Josh 2019 except Josh scored more TDs and had fewer turnovers while getting his team to the playoffs.

Very interesting to see which has the better 2020.  Game on.

I find it funny how people still go on about how Josh is inaccurate and that Cam is going to carry the Pats to a Super Bowl, while forgetting that Cam has had only ONE season over the last six with at least 60% completion (CMC's first year as full time starter and world champion of checkdowns) and that Josh is only going to get better.

Cam will have...a good possession receiver.

Josh will have a good possession receiver...plus Diggs, Brown, and Singletary.

Imagine people saying Josh would take us to the Super Bowl with only Beasley to give the ball to.

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I find it funny how people still go on about how Josh is inaccurate and that Cam is going to carry the Pats to a Super Bowl, while forgetting that Cam has had only ONE season over the last six with at least 60% completion (CMC's first year as full time starter and world champion of checkdowns) and that Josh is only going to get better.

Imagine people saying Josh would take us to the Super Bowl with only Beasley to give the ball to.

Cam isn't going to have Sean McDermott and Brian Daboll.  I find it funny how people can't see that a rested, hungry and very capable QB just joined the best-coached team in the NFL.

I still think the Bills are better.  But it's not by a long shot, by any means.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

bills fans have been predicting disaster in New England for years 

"Brady is done this year, its our time to shine" and every year they are wrong. Cam is going to light the league on fire with NE and that offense. 

Like I’ve said before, when you cheat, everyone (Stidham, Cam, etc...) looks like Tom Brady #justsaying 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Gordon played 20 games with Pats- his per game avg was 3 catches for 50 yds and a total of 4 TDs in 20 games, that would make him the 5th reciever on the 2018 Bills . Brandon Lloyd went 77 catches, 70, and then 74 for Pat's with less TDs for Pat's then either of previous two years. Lastly Revis went to the probowl with the Bucs right before they cut him, it was a cost issue not talent, to argue otherwise just shows a complete lack of any knowledge of the NFL.

Josh Gordon had 300 yards the last time he played, he was suspended and no one wanted to touch him for 2 years, then he goes to the Pats and puts up 700 yards in a season. And now he’s still in the NFL. That’s the definition of career rehab.

Brandon Lloyd had a bad year, joined the Pats and put up his best season in like 4 years. Revival.

Sure Revis went to the ProBowl in Tampa but everyone saw him struggle in the Tampa 2. He didn’t make the ProBow because of his performance. He was not the same player as he was in NY. Then he goes to the Pats and boom, back to being a great DB. Oh and he went to the Jets right after and fell off a cliff again.

24 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yeah when has Cam ever had a great, MVP type season throwing to a bunch of bums like Tedd Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery?

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah when has Cam ever had a great, MVP type season throwing to a bunch of bums like Tedd Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery?

Yeah he had one massive anomaly season, the only one of his career where he had at least a 2-1 TD-INT ratio and the only one in the last seven years with better than 7.2 yards per pass.  Also the only year he had a passer rating over 88 without dumping 107 completions to CMC.  SOMETHING good was going on with that team and I don't think it was all on Cam.

Do you think he's magically going to have that kind of season again 5 years later and coming off two injuries?

*edit for emphasis*

Outside of that anomaly MVP season with a 3.5-1 TD-INT ratio, he's a career 1.5-1 QB.

Edited by 1ManRaid

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey Bill.....here is a little exercise for you.....show me the name players that have gone to New England to get their careers going again.

Then I will provide you a list of players where they went to New England and didnt.....

Go ahead.....lets play

Drew Bledsoe, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Wes Walker, Julian Edelman

Those who failed (Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown) did so because of off the field issues.

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

Drew Bledsoe, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Wes Walker, Julian Edelman

Those who failed (Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown) did so because of off the field issues.

Moss was arguably still in his prime and coming from OAKLAND. 

Bledsoe STARTED his career in New England as the first overall pick and never went back after leaving.

Dillon had a single down year with injuries in Cincinnati before going to New England and only his first year there was really good.

Welker had 3 total starts in 4 years before going to New England so you can't even count him as "getting going again".

Edelman played his entire career with New England.

Dude, you really suck at this.

Edited by 1ManRaid

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Cam isn't going to have Sean McDermott and Brian Daboll.  I find it funny how people can't see that a rested, hungry and very capable QB just joined the best-coached team in the NFL.

I still think the Bills are better.  But it's not by a long shot, by any means.

I don’t understand why so many here are so quick just write off NE.  I mean, people are talking about them like their offense sucked last season when they scored the third most points in the AFC.  They outscored Buffalo by 106 points.  That is enormous.  To put it into perspective, the Redskins scored the fewest points in the NFL.  The Bills outscored them by 48 points.  The gap between Buffalo’s offense and NE’s offense is more than twice the gap between Buffalo’s and being dead last...and the Patriots gave up 34 fewer points while playing a tougher schedule.

To close the gap between the two teams, Buffalo will have to improve by 20 TDs relative to NE.  I think Buffalo has improved while NE has regressed.  I still think Buffalo wins the division, but I’m with you in that it’s not just a foregone conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t understand why so many here are so quick just write off NE.  I mean, people are talking about them like their offense sucked last season when they scored the third most points in the AFC.  They outscored Buffalo by 106 points.  That is enormous.  To put it into perspective, the Redskins scored the fewest points in the NFL.  The Bills outscored them by 48 points.  The gap between Buffalo’s offense and NE’s offense is more than twice the gap between Buffalo’s and being dead last...and the Patriots gave up 34 fewer points while playing a tougher schedule.

To close the gap between the two teams, Buffalo will have to improve by 20 TDs relative to NE.  I think Buffalo has improved while NE has regressed.  I still think Buffalo wins the division, but I’m with you in that it’s not just a foregone conclusion.

That's cool, wanna address your laughable list of "players who revitalized their careers by going to NE" that included players who were drafted by the Patriots or who were already great when they signed there?

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Moss was arguably still in his prime and coming from OAKLAND. 

Bledsoe STARTED his career in New England as the first overall pick and never went back after leaving.

Dillon had a single down year in Cincinnati before going to New England and only his first year there was really good.

Welker had 3 total starts in 4 years before going to New England so you can't even count him as "getting going again".

Edelman played his entire career with New England.

Dude, you really suck at this.

Moss had 42 catches for 552 yards and 3 TDs before coming to NE.  He had 98, 1500, and 23 TDs the following year.

Dillon had  541 yards and 2 TDs his last year in Cincy.  He had 1635 and 12 the following year.

Welker was a 26 year old with 96 catches and 1 career TD before coming to NE.  He led the NFL with 112 catches for 1175 yards and 8 TDs his first year with NE.

Not sure what I was thinking with Edelman and Bledsoe, but BB has done as good a job as anyone at plugging guys into major roles and getting absolute dominant performances out of them immediately.

43 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you saying EJ and Peterman were equals? :blink:

EJ sucked.

Peterman was generationally bad with no talent.

They both suck that’s the point 

41 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's on the downside of his career and I think Josh Allen is as good or better than him right now.  I guess we'll see (hopefully sometime in the next year).

lets hope so

pressure on Allen just shot up, the whole league is watching the AFC east and will see if Allen can take the favored Bills to a division title or fall to Cam and the patriots. 

Edited by Penfield45

34 minutes ago, Billl said:

Moss had 42 catches for 552 yards and 3 TDs before coming to NE.  He had 98, 1500, and 23 TDs the following year.

Moss was nagged by injuries in Oakland and played for OAKLAND.  Pats traded a 4th for him.

Dillon had  541 yards and 2 TDs his last year in Cincy.  He had 1635 and 12 the following year.

Again, down year was due to injuries after 6 straight 1100+ yard seasons and 3 straight 1300+ yard seasons, and NE knew he was good because they traded a 2nd round pick for him.  His first year total in NE was on the back of his career high amount of carries. 
Welker was a 26 year old with 96 catches and 1 career TD before coming to NE.  He led the NFL with 112 catches for 1175 yards and 8 TDs his first year with NE.

So his career effectively STARTED in NE.  By that point he had 4 years of development and again the Pats knew they were getting something good because they traded a 2nd round pick for him.

Not sure what I was thinking with Edelman and Bledsoe, but BB has done as good a job as anyone at plugging guys into major roles and getting absolute dominant performances out of them immediately.

Edelman had 714 yards total over his first 4 years with the Pats.  That's not "plugging him into a major role and getting absolute dominant performance immediately".  And as I said, Bledsoe was the 1st overall pick so performance is expected.

Responses in bold.  Again, you are REALLY bad at this.  You talk as if Belichick was picking up scrubs off the street and turning them into instant All Pros.

*again, edit for emphasis*

To recap, your list of crap players who Belichick "plugged into a major role and got absolute dominance from immediately" were...

1.  A hall of famer they traded for on the hope he would get healthy.

2.  A rock solid consistent producer they traded for on the hope he would get healthy.

3.  A rising star they traded for.

4.  A guy they developed for 4 years after drafting him before he had his first 1000 yard season.

5.  A first overall pick.

This is the best you could come up with two decades to pull from.  CLASSIC.

Edited by 1ManRaid

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

119C2557-BC2E-4BBE-BF3D-DF89681246A8.jpeg

Not afraid of Cam on the Pats at all.

If the Bills do the right thing, beat the living hell out of him, and knock this clown out of football once-and-for-all, I will be very entertained, can't wait!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

Not afraid of Cam on the Pats at all.

If the Bills do the right thing, beat the living hell out of him, and knock this clown out of football once-and-for-all, I will be very entertained, can't wait!

Also not afraid of the QB who had ONE great season and coming off back to back surgery-ended seasons.  But ohhhhhh nooooo, Belichick the geeeeeeenius lol.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know This kind of take is a popular one, but I wonder how true it is in reality. 

he didn’t coach him directly or even indirectly on the other side of the ball, and he’d have had no reason to scout or scheme against him.  

first team o plays the scout d and vice versa during the season.. 

Knowing McDermotts laser focus, I wonder if he spent any time at all watching the offense in Carolina....

Maybe Ken Dorsey can matter in this regard?

28 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Also not afraid of the QB who had ONE great season and coming off back to back surgery-ended seasons.  But ohhhhhh nooooo, Belichick the geeeeeeenius lol.

Belichick is a genius, he still scares me.

Brady is a genius too, glad he’s gone.

Cam was an athlete.