Cam Newton to Pats.

The Bills still have to prove they can beat the Pats. But if there is a coach who would know how to defend Cam it’s McDermott. The Pats also have very few weapons on the offensive side of the ball. I think Cam will start, but he is along way past the Cam of 2015.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Revis was outright released by the Bucs. Lloyd and Gordon both had excellent seasons compared to their pre-Pats numbers.

Gordon played 20 games with Pats- his per game avg was 3 catches for 50 yds and a total of 4 TDs in 20 games, that would make him the 5th reciever on the 2018 Bills . Brandon Lloyd went 77 catches, 70, and then 74 for Pat's with less TDs for Pat's then either of previous two years. Lastly Revis went to the probowl with the Bucs right before they cut him, it was a cost issue not talent, to argue otherwise just shows a complete lack of any knowledge of the NFL.

He will need the Fedora and a full compliment of chapeaus to keep his pretty little head warm in New England. I’m sure his signing bonus will go heavily in the direction of appropriately stylish head gear!  

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This was inevitable.

Are people here surprised?

I am and I'm not.  I never thought Stidham was any good, but I thought Belicheat would roll with him just to find out, and if it didn't work, draft a QB next year (or retire).  Cam will probably get a few more wins than Stidham would have, but what's the point?  Is he going to win them a SB?  Nope.  Will he even take them to the playoffs, much less win a game?  Unlikely.  So he just ends up pushing them down in the draft and they're left looking for a QB next year, still not knowing what they have in Stidham.

And say he does take them to the playoffs but they fail to make the SB.  Does he sign Newton to a huge deal?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I wonder if he makes the team.  Cam doesn’t have the capacity for that team or system.  

At best, I give it one full season and the Pats go full power run game 

I agree 100 %  !!

I don’t see how Cam fits that system on and off the field , 

• Like (+1) 1

Same people on this board that said Gilmore sucked are now saying Newton will be terrible in New England. 

I said before if it was for only a year I would take Newton over Allen in a heartbeat. But Allen is the future and he has all the pieces he needs to jump into top 10 QB territory. 

All the pressure is on McD and Allen now. New England with Cam is now the team to beat in AFC East. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hey... you're the guy who loved Nathan Peterman! :doh:

Not a good track record for betting. :lol:

And you’re the guy who LOVED EJ Manuel 

1 minute ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Pats are smart. They will design a system that fits Cam. 

Absolutely pats ****** can probably design a system for Peterman and win a SB !!

I guess as long as BB is alive we have no chance of ever beating him !!! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Who better to take him down than McDermott? We know what he can do, we know what he can’t. Looking forward to the matchup no matter what

I know This kind of take is a popular one, but I wonder how true it is in reality. 

he didn’t coach him directly or even indirectly on the other side of the ball, and he’d have had no reason to scout or scheme against him.  

first team o plays the scout d and vice versa during the season.. 

Knowing McDermotts laser focus, I wonder if he spent any time at all watching the offense in Carolina....

Not worried at all. Cam is shot, and has nowhere the quick decision making Brady has to get of the ball quick enough. NE has a questionable O-line and lost their world class O-line coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see Stidham beat him out in camp. Scam Newton is finished.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I do not think there is any closer QB comp for Josh than Cam Newton.  We have likely seen Cam's best football whereas Josh is still ascending.  Cam in 2014 was very much like Josh 2019 except Josh scored more TDs and had fewer turnovers while getting his team to the playoffs.

Very interesting to see which has the better 2020.  Game on.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Same people on this board that said Gilmore sucked are now saying Newton will be terrible in New England. 

I said before if it was for only a year I would take Newton over Allen in a heartbeat. But Allen is the future and he has all the pieces he needs to jump into top 10 QB territory. 

All the pressure is on McD and Allen now. New England with Cam is now the team to beat in AFC East. 

Stephon Gilmore never sucked....and is in the prime of hsi career

Its apples and oranges

14 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I do not think there is any closer QB comp for Josh than Cam Newton.  We have likely seen Cam's best football whereas Josh is still ascending.  Cam in 2014 was very much like Josh 2019 except Josh scored more TDs and had fewer turnovers while getting his team to the playoffs.

Very interesting to see which has the better 2020.  Game on.

You think they got Cam for the scout team?