Cam Newton to Pats.

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey Bill.....here is a little exercise for you.....show me the name players that have gone to New England to get their careers going again.

Then I will provide you a list of players where they went to New England and didnt.....

Go ahead.....lets play

Aqib Talib. Randy Moss. Josh Gordon. Revis. Brandon Lloyd. Jaime Collins. Brandon LaFell. Jabaal Sheard. Barkevious Mingo.

That’s off the top of my head.

Just now, Success said:

I'm permanently the guy who is shaking his fists at the sky, yelling in vain, 'Curse you, New England!"

I put a lot of time into sports, but I guess it's just not to be in this life.

Curse you Buffalo. They make more money loosing. 20 years of playing Brady soft. Now they're going to open the runway for the hijab while announcers cheer on.

25 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Could be.

But at the end of the day, I think it definitely makes them a much better team than they were yesterday

I agree with this part, but I'm not sure the Pats could get any worse with anyone. The first thing that came to my head when I saw this was that Newton and Bellichek won't get along. Both personalities will clash big time IMO

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

LOL

there goes the division title...last time Cam had a top 5 defense he won 13 games and went to the superbowl

I am so glad you said this- you have literally never been right in anything you have posted on here and it shows how little you know about any topic but are very willing to split off minimal info as if you have a clue. Cam was incredible in 2015 and then has been a much lesser player since then. If you think 2020 Cam and 2015 Cam are the same you literally know nothing about the wear of football on a player 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Aqib Talib. Randy Moss. Josh Gordon. Revis. Brandon Lloyd. Jaime Collins. Brandon LaFell. Jabaal Sheard. Barkevious Mingo.

That’s off the top of my head.

Talib had personal issues but was always a talent, Josh Gordon was never good for them, Brandon Lloyd  was at the same level as prior, Mingo I don't remember doing anything, and Revis was worse in NE then with Jets. Maybe you mean something different than question but these guys were not down and out and then rebounded with NE

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, beavis said:

Curse you Buffalo. They make more money loosing. 20 years of playing Brady soft. Now they're going to open the runway for the hijab while announcers cheer on.

Huh? “Open the runway for the hijab”? You have an appropriate screen name.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Talib had personal issues but was always a talent, Josh Gordon was never good for them, Brandon Lloyd  was at the same level as prior, Mingo I don't remember doing anything, and Revis was worse in NE then with Jets. Maybe you mean something different than question but these guys were not down and out and then rebounded with NE

Revis was outright released by the Bucs. Lloyd and Gordon both had excellent seasons compared to their pre-Pats numbers.

And yeah, Talib had talent and completely rehabbed his career with the Pats. That’s the topic.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m high on Harry but you’re right, it definitely isn’t a great collection of talent.  We definitely have the better talent around Allen.

i just think healthy Cam is such an upgrade over what they had.  The division became tougher. 

My question is why are we assuming Cam is healthy......HE looks shot as well

The extremists on both sides are quite funny. If nothing else, this just about makes the Bills and Pats twinsies. Strong pass defenses that can force coverage sacks. Not quite as good vs. the run. Both have unproven offenses with a QB that can run when needed. Josh's lack of Cam's experience is balanced with Cam's age, wear and injuries. Both teams have capable backs as well.

If...and I repeat if, Cam can pick up and understand the offense AND not piss off Bill with his antics and need for attention, he will start and I don't expect it to be a dumpster fire. It is possible that he doesn't start and is put in for certain packages/drives. I don't picture Cam as the most studious of players. Ocho Cinco was humbled real quick when it came time to learn the Pats O.

I do not expect an entire re-write of the Pats offense for Cam.

• Awesome! (+1) 1