14) Gregg Williams

15) Chan Gailey

16) Todd Bowles

17) Dick Jauron

18) Cam Cameron

What an awful list.....

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Sad 1

I guess I could take the time to look stuff up and debate your ranking of Greggo over Chan, but that would be like debating whether I’d prefer seeing a fruit fly snacking on my dessert or a gnat in a holding pattern around my forehead today. I am however very optimistic that McD will win the division this year FWIW. :beer:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Buffalo Bills (ranked first to worst)

1) Sean McDermott

2) Wade Phillips

3) Doug Marrone

4) Rex Ryan

5) Mike Mularkey

6) Gregg Williams

7) Chan Gailey

8 ) Dick Jauron

Move Gailey to #3, bump the rest down, and swap Ryan and Mularkey.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I guess I could take the time to look stuff up and debate your ranking of Greggo over Chan, but that would be like debating whether I’d prefer seeing a fruit fly snacking on my dessert or a gnat in a holding pattern around my forehead today. I am however very optimistic that McD will win the division this year FWIW. :beer:

I have Williams the edge because he at least had the Bills in position for the playoffs one year (although I believe he was in charge when Buffalo lost to the Steelers backups and punched a ticket for the Jets to the post season).

2 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I have Williams the edge because he at least had the Bills in position for the playoffs one year (although I believe he was in charge when Buffalo lost to the Steelers backups and punched a ticket for the Jets to the post season).

I am still incredulous we lost that game—but I thought that 04 year was Mularkey? It all runs together in a hazy smog of drought years 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

Buffalo Bills (ranked first to worst)

1) Sean McDermott

2) Wade Phillips

3) Doug Marrone

4) Rex Ryan

5) Mike Mularkey

6) Gregg Williams

7) Chan Gailey

8 ) Dick Jauron

Miami Dolphins 

1) Dave Wannstedt 

2) Tony Sparano

3) Adam Gase

4) Nick Saban

5) Brian Flores

6) Joe Philbin

7) Cam Cameron

NY Jets

1) Rex Ryan

2) Herm Edwards

3) Eric Mangini

4) Al Groh

5) Adam Gase

6) Todd Bowles

Overall 

1) Rex Ryan (most wins against BB)

2) Dave Wannstedt

3) Herm Edwards

4) Sean McDermott

5) Eric Mangini

6) Wade Phillip

7) Tony Sparano

8 ) Adam Gase

9) Nick Saban

10) Al Groh

11) Brian Flores

12) Joe Philbin

13) Mike Mularkey

14) Gregg Williams

15) Chan Gailey

16) Todd Bowles

17) Dick Jauron

18) Cam Cameron

What an awful list.....

Rex is last for the Bills (by a lot) and Gailey is probably 3rd (or 4th at worst). As a Jets fan you probably remember him when he was good. He was an absolute nightmare as the Bills coach. Flores is maybe 1 for Miami. He’s certainly trending that way. I’d have Gase last in all cases. His players hate him. Also, Wannstedt was pretty much a moron. He’s definitely not 2. He’s not top 7.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I am still incredulous we lost that game—but I thought that 04 year was Mularkey? It all runs together in a hazy smog of drought years 

It was Mularkey's first year. Gregg went 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 from 2001-2003.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rex is last for the Bills (by a lot) and Gailey is probably 3rd (or 4th at worst). As a Jets fan you probably remember him when he was good. He was an absolute nightmare as the Bills coach. Flores is maybe 1 for Miami. He’s certainly trending that way. I’d have Gase last in all cases. His player hate him. Also, Wannstedt was pretty much a moron. He’s definitely not 2. He’s not top 7.

Idk-As an opposing fan Dick Jauron was as bad as it got. Didn’t he get hired because he went to Yale or something? The guy looked like Coach Klein from the Waterboy. 

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Move Gailey to #3, bump the rest down, and swap Ryan and Mularkey.

You nailed it WhoTom.  I was thinking Chan was dealt the crappiest talented team for the Bills in 20 years, but still won some games, however megaphone Gregg (remember that moron using that as a rookie head coach at training camp) had a lot of very talented defensive players and Moulds.  Figures the Jets fan place Wrex so high when he was a baffoon here, hence why he was run out of town in two years and led us to a top flight coaching and management staff.

46 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Idk-As an opposing fan Dick Jauron was as bad as it got. Didn’t he get hired because he went to Yale or something? The guy looked like Coach Klein from the Waterboy. 

Dick Jauron did a WAY better job as the Bills HC than Rex. He just didn’t have a lot of talent. Rex did. Rex got the least he possibly could of out of that team. That was about an 11-5 team that hung right around .500. He was unquestionably the worst Bills coach during the drought. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WOW, how depressing.  (My ranking)

1) Sean McDermott

2) Wade Phillips

3) Mike Mularkey He seemed decent the first season and it appeared we were on our way.  Then the old wheels fell of the wagon 

4) Rex Ryan truly sad to put Mr Rex I need Ritalin at 4

5) Gregg Williams. What a jerk

6) Chan Gailey Solid OC had some decent schemes, but a weak head coach

7) Doug Marrone Never liked him, from day 1 insincere. Start a rookie QB with an up tempo offense.  WHAT.  If GW is a jerk DM is a huge )*( whole 

8 ) Dick Jauron Nice guy CLUeLESS.   

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dick Jauron did a WAY better job as the Bills HC than Rex. He just didn’t have a lot of talent. Rex did. Rex got the least he possibly could of out of that team. That was about an 11-5 team that hung right around .500. He was unquestionably the worst Bills coach during the drought. 

Marrone should be higher too.

McD

Marrone

Wade

Gailey

Jauron

Mularkey

Gregggggg

Rexit

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah I think Jauron got a lot of undeserved vitriol that should have been really directed solely at the top of the organization back then. Not that I don't think he should have been fired, but I think in hindsight we can say the billboard at least was undeserved. No one was going very far with the roster he was given by the "brain trust" GM stand-in that Ralph assembled back then. 

Edited by Yobogoya!

They all sucked.  Jury is still out on McDermott, but the Patriots are still the Bills' daddy after three years of his tenure.

It is absolutely pathetic how the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have sucked for so long.

Better days are ahead, though.  Finally.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are just saying that because you hate Rex. He did a bad job with the defense, but any team with Tyrod Taylor is pretty limited. 

7 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

You are just saying that because you hate Rex. He did a bad job with the defense, but any team with Tyrod Taylor is pretty limited. 

No, I’m saying that because I follow the Bills EXTREMELY closely (hence 27,242 posts on a bills message board). Bills fans pretty much all agree that Rex was the worst Bills coach of the drought. He did a really poor job with a talented roster. Rex at the Jets did a nice job. Rex with the Bills was the worst coach of the drought. You need to trust us that were closest to it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1