Covid 19 vs Trump

44 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

The guidelines were not followed on a national level. It happened and to deny it makes you sound stupid.

Do you have any concept of the extent of presidential power as it pertains to things that are not specifically set out in the constitution?

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Because it's a pandemic. Even under the best of circumstances, they are tough to deal with. My guess is the problem in California is like most other places. Selfish people refusing to help protect each other. Trump bares a huge part of the blame for making wearing a mask political. Supporters of Trump are far more likely to not wear masks. This is plainly obvious at his rallies.

So had he made masks mandatory they likely wouldn’t have changed a thing. So by not making them mandatory he did the right thing by letting Americans choose?  

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Is there some contest going on for the Lefties to see who can fit the most lies in on a post? What ghost from posters past are you?

I am the ghost from your future. The failures have been well-documented. You should read more. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have any concept of the extent of presidential power as it pertains to things that are not specifically set out in the constitution?

Awwwww .... poor Covid-19 Donnie!!!  He is SOOOOO constrained by his respect for the Constitution that he can't even wear a mask in public to provide a show of support for public health officials but he can threaten to "pressure" states to open schools without regard to soaring rates of infection! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, Kemp said:

Right!

Let's all give credit to Trump for not coming up with a national policy, not listening to the scientists, and pretending it was no big deal and is now magically gone.

Hip, hip, hooray!

I'm truly very sorry that your dreams of Trump assuming dictatorial powers over our federal republic haven't come true.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

An abdication of leadership at the national level.

"This is too hard. Push it to the states." 

The guy is still talking about TV ratings. Go Trump!

So, it's your desire to make Trump king? Throw out the Constitution on a whim? Set up a line of succession for Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Barron? Speaking of Barron that makes me think of other royalty you might want like princes, princesses, counts, earls and barons. 

Every post you make here is worse than the last one. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, it's your desire to make Trump king? Throw out the Constitution on a whim? Set up a line of succession for Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka and Barron? Speaking of Barron that makes me think of other royalty you might want like princes, princesses, counts, earls and barons. 

Correct! There simply aren’t enough people in the federal government to administer the response to a pandemic at a state and local level. So the President got them a SUPPLY CHAIN! He can’t get them people. Other than the military he doesn’t have PEOPLE to give them. The lack of how anything works in this country is absolutely stunning!  (The Left wants to federalize everything. Just wait until that federal system falls on its face. Then who will they complain to?)

23 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I'm truly very sorry that your dreams of Trump assuming dictatorial powers over our federal republic haven't come true.

Making national policy means being a dictator?

Pure genius.

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Still whining about Covid Donnie being "powerless" I see. 

If Trump can fire federal employees, he can mandate they all wear face masks and social distance at work. 

If Trump can pressure states to open businesses and schools despite rising infection rates, he can pressure states to mandate wearing masks and social distancing.

Just now, SoTier said:

Still whining about Covid Donnie being "powerless" I see. 

If Trump can fire federal employees, he can mandate they all wear face masks and social distance at work. 

If Trump can pressure states to open businesses and schools despite rising infection rates, he can pressure states to mandate wearing masks and social distancing.

Yes, he can do all those things and you can keep changing the argument too. I think you must be drinking out of the Chadakoin River though to be so ***** up. 

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correct! There simply aren’t enough people in the federal government to administer the response to a pandemic at a state and local level. So the President got them a SUPPLY CHAIN! He can’t get them people. Other than the military he doesn’t have PEOPLE to give them. The lack of how anything works in this country is absolutely stunning!  (The Left wants to federalize everything. Just wait until that federal system falls on its face. Then who will they complain to?)

Bull manure.   The POTUS is the head of the Executive branch of the US government so he's the  ultimate boss of all federal employees except for those who are employees of Congress or the federal court system, almost 90% of all federal employees.   US Office of Personnel Management

July 12, 2020:  Total US coronavirus cases is 3,292,934 with total deaths of 135,140 for a death rate of 4.1%.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Bull manure.   The POTUS is the head of the Executive branch of the US government so he's the  ultimate boss of all federal employees except for those who are employees of Congress or the federal court system, almost 90% of all federal employees.   US Office of Personnel Management

July 12, 2020:  Total US coronavirus cases is 3,292,934 with total deaths of 135,140 for a death rate of 4.1%.

Have you figured out yet that our Constitution actually limits the power of the Federal Government, states what it is allowed to do and leaves the rest up to the states? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Florida! Wow, just wow. 

DeSantis is such a d-bag 

Bet Florida wishes they had our Governor. 

The way Cuomo handled the elderly during this crises he most likely would have been an excellent concentration camp commandant.