Covid 19 vs Trump

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Trump vs. Covid?

Covid scores a knockout in the 1st round.

The ironic thing is that doing the right thing -- not politicizing Covid-19, insisting that states only open when they met the metrics established by the various public health experts, and leading by example by simply wearing a mask, not encouraging mass indoor gatherings, etc -- would have made Trump appear to be a competent leader dealing with a great crisis rather than a meglomaniac who doesn't care how many Americans suffer so he can be re-elected.   That he was too stupid and too narcissistic to put anything above his own wants has demonstrated to the American people just how unfit for the office of POTUS Trump is.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The ironic thing is that doing the right thing -- not politicizing Covid-19, insisting that states only open when they met the metrics established by the various public health experts, and leading by example by simply wearing a mask, not encouraging mass indoor gatherings, etc -- would have made Trump appear to be a competent leader dealing with a great crisis rather than a meglomaniac who doesn't care how many Americans suffer so he can be re-elected.   That he was too stupid and too narcissistic to put anything above his own wants has demonstrated to the American people just how unfit for the office of POTUS Trump is.

You're not fooling anyone. No matter what Trump did or didn't do you and your ilk would be criticizing him incessantly. Youins give him no credit for anything. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're not fooling anyone. No matter what Trump did or didn't do you and your ilk would be criticizing him incessantly. Youins give him no credit for anything. 

Right!

Let's all give credit to Trump for not coming up with a national policy, not listening to the scientists, and pretending it was no big deal and is now magically gone.

Hip, hip, hooray!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Right!

Let's all give credit to Trump for not coming up with a national policy, not listening to the scientists, and pretending it was no big deal and is now magically gone.

Hip, hip, hooray!

You are a liar. In addition, you have no idea how government works.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are a liar. In addition, you have no idea how government works.

His national policy is _____?

T or F Trump listened to Fauci and the other scientists.

T or F Trump said COVID was not a big deal.

T or F Trump said COVID would magically disappear.

Yeah. I'm the liar.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

His national policy is _____?

T or F Trump listened to Fauci and the other scientists.

T or F Trump said COVID was not a big deal.

T or F Trump said COVID would magically disappear.

Yeah. I'm the liar.

Holy crap, this is my first time hearing about all that.  You don’t say???

July 10, 2020 - US  sees record day of new Covid-19 cases with 66,627.   Trump says "US getting back on track".

July 11, 2020 - California announced that its prisons will release more than 8,000 prisoners to allow more room for social distancing.

17 hours ago, Kemp said:

Right!

Hip, hip, hooray!

What does this have to do with his post?  Oh that’s right.....NOTHING!  Where was he giving credit to Trump for anything?  He was pointing out that had Trump done exactly as you’re all saying he should have done, due to your massive TDS, you would have given him ZERO credit. 

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

July 11, 2020 - California announced that its prisons will release more than 8,000 prisoners to allow more room for social distancing.

What does this have to do with Trump?  You folks are insane.  

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What does this have to do with his post?  Oh that’s right.....NOTHING!  Where was he giving credit to Trump for anything?  He was pointing out that had Trump done exactly as you’re all saying he should have done, due to your massive TDS, you would have given him ZERO credit. 

What does this have to do with Trump?  You folks are insane.  

Glad to hear you have come around. Trump doesn't deserve any credit for his actions regarding the virus.

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Care to address my post?  Of course not. 

Saying some would criticize Trump no matter what he did says that he didn't do anything wrong.

So, do you think Trump has done a good job on the virus? You either do or you don't. 

Just now, Kemp said:

Saying some would criticize Trump no matter what he did says that he didn't do anything wrong.

So, do you think Trump has done a good job on the virus? You either do or you don't. 

Really?  That’s what you take from that?  That a criticism of you all is a pat on the back of Trump. TDS is strong with this one. 

I think he’s done an ok job. He has left a lot of the decision making up to the states which is the way it should be. Should he have made masks mandatory?  Probably but because as Americans we are very tired of the government telling us what to do so there would still be lots of us going without.  Many states require that now. It’s been a requirement in CA for quite some time. Please tell me where CA stands with regard to the infection rate?  What does that tell you about mandatory face coverings?  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Really?  That’s what you take from that?  That a criticism of you all is a pat on the back of Trump. TDS is strong with this one. 

I think he’s done an ok job. He has left a lot of the decision making up to the states which is the way it should be. Should he have made masks mandatory?  Probably but because as Americans we are very tired of the government telling us what to do so there would still be lots of us going without.  Many states require that now. It’s been a requirement in CA for quite some time. Please tell me where CA stands with regard to the infection rate?  What does that tell you about mandatory face coverings?  

When a country is faced with a pandemic, you sincerely believe there shouldn't be a national policy?

The only way that would make any sense at all would be if no one was allowed to cross state lines. You don't get that?

Why not take it a step further and say it should be left up to mayors? How about block captains?

I don't know of any other country that responded by dividing the responsibility among sub-divisions of their country. Every one of those leaders displayed more balls than our fearful leader.

Trump, in his typical fashion, didn't want to be held to any responsibilty for his duty. That's his M.O. Things go well, he takes credit. Things go badly, it's someone else's fault. Can you think of a single exception to this behavior pattern of Trump? Bet you can't.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

When a country is faced with a pandemic, you sincerely believe there shouldn't be a national policy?

The only way that would make any sense at all would be if no one was allowed to cross state lines. You don't get that?

Why not take it a step further and say it should be left up to mayors? How about block captains?

I don't know of any other country that responded by dividing the responsibility among sub-divisions of their country. Every one of those leaders displayed more balls than our fearful leader.

Trump, in his typical fashion, didn't want to be held to any responsibilty for his duty. That's his M.O. Things go well, he takes credit. Things go badly, it's someone else's fault. Can you think of a single exception to this behavior pattern of Trump? Bet you can't.

Other countries don’t have the same governmental system we do. I value that very much!  

Everyone saying he should at least have implemented a mandatory mask requirement. I see you conveniently did not address my comment about CA and our spike even with a mandatory mask requirement for weeks. Why is that?  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Other countries don’t have the same governmental system we do. I value that very much!  

Everyone saying he should at least have implemented a mandatory mask requirement. I see you conveniently did not address my comment about CA and our spike even with a mandatory mask requirement for weeks. Why is that?  

Because it's a pandemic. Even under the best of circumstances, they are tough to deal with. My guess is the problem in California is like most other places. Selfish people refusing to help protect each other. Trump bares a huge part of the blame for making wearing a mask political. Supporters of Trump are far more likely to not wear masks. This is plainly obvious at his rallies.

20 hours ago, SoTier said:

All we had to do was follow the guidelines but politics took precedence. The only leadership was seizing supplies so Jared could sell them. Bigotry is a poor qualifier for leadership. Certain states are ordering children back to school but meanwhile you cannot mandate the wearing of masks. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, I-town Bills said:

All we had to do was follow the guidelines but politics took precedence. The only leadership was seizing supplies so Jared could sell them. Bigotry is a poor qualifier for leadership. Certain states are ordering children back to school but meanwhile you cannot mandate the wearing of masks. 

Is there some contest going on for the Lefties to see who can fit the most lies in on a post? What ghost from posters past are you?