Elliot thinks Allen is a beast

Gambit

5 hours ago, Paulus said:

Elliott is the best RB in the NFL... Pretty easy decision to make, tbh.

Best in the league? He’s not even the best in his division (Barkley). And I’d take McCaffery over him all day as well. Elliott is good but he’s not best in the league good. My brother is die hard cowboys fan and he thinks Elliott is good but should have never been paid. He says Elliott has declined the last few years and his best trait is that he always goes forward. So he won’t get many 20 yard runs, but he will get the 4-5 yard runs and he’s always falling forward when he gets tackled. He doesn’t get pushed back or stopped in his tracks. So even a 2 yard run can gain 4 yards. Otherwise, he’s not making people miss and he doesn’t have breakaway speed 

Edited by billsfan5121
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's true that Ezekiel Elliott is young for a RB entering his fifth season in the NFL and is clearly a top tier RB, but he is taking a lot of hits and has a lot of miles on his 24 year old body.  Zack Moss reminds me in some ways of Elliott, but as a rookie, I have to believe he has a few more years left in him than Ezekiel Elliott.  I'm anxious to see what he brings to the field, no offense to Elliott.

5 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

Best in the league? He’s not even the best in his division (Barkley). And I’d take McCaffery over him all day as well. Elliott is good but he’s not best in the league good. My brother is die hard cowboys fan and he thinks Elliott is good but should have never been paid. He says Elliott has declined the last few years and his best trait is that he always goes forward. So he won’t get many 20 yard runs, but he will get the 4-5 yard runs and he’s always falling forward when he gets tackled. He doesn’t get pushed back or stopped in his tracks. So even a 2 yard run can gain 4 yards. Otherwise, he’s not making people miss and he doesn’t have breakaway speed 

Y.A.W.N.

Ya got me on Barkley, tbh. 

Edited by Paulus

I think they're both fairly close in talent.  The question is utilization.  The Panthers targeted Run-CMc a ton last year in the passing game.  But they cannot continue to use him as they did last year.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I think they're both fairly close in talent.  The question is utilization.  The Panthers targeted Run-CMc a ton last year in the passing game.  But they cannot continue to use him as they did last year.

They can, because he is the GOAT. He can handle the workload of 10 Hall of Famers.

• Haha (+1) 1

The title is a bit misleading even if quoted directly from the source.  I assumed he was making a comment about JA's career, especially recently because Elliott had been watching highlights of games.  Instead it was a critique of only one game.  Josh has heart no doubt about that!  But he needs to improve dramatically to take this team to Super Bowls.

Edited by MyDogLuvsPB

6 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

The title is a bit misleading even if quoted directly from the source.  I assumed he was making a comment about JA's career, especially recently because Elliott had been watching highlights of games.  Instead it was a critique of only one game.  Josh has heart no doubt about that!  But he needs to improve dramatically to take this team to Super Bowls.

Actually it's from when Zeke was streaming playing video games and a viewer asked him to comment on why Josh has more rushing TDs than him over the last 2 years (Zeke actually has 1 more, but whatever), and Zeke responded by saying it's because Josh is a beast.

Where are you getting that bit about it being only a reference to one game?

On 6/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, Gugny said:

That fight for the first down on Thanksgiving gives me wood every time I watch it.  Josh Allen wants it more than every single QB we've had since Kelly, combined.  

It was the ultimate anti-Orton play for sure.

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I remember when Beasley signed and in his presser he said "you could see it on film" about how good JA was. I think player recognize how good he is and how talented he is. Players don't overlook him like analysts do

You mean when Beasley got the best contract offer from the Bills? ?

On 6/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, ProcessYaDigg said:

Very true about our backfield.  I'm excited what they're going to do together.  You just cannot deny the talent that Elliott has though.  I'm hoping to see Moss turn into a Derrek Henry type running back.  We'll go very far utilizing both of our backs.

Trust me when I say we won't need Elliott. Singletary & Moss will be one of the best duo's in the league.