Elliot thinks Allen is a beast

Gambit

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I’m not a big Elliott fan. I think he’s pretty good, but there are a bunch of other RBs in the NFL who I think are much better,

IMO (Kamara, Barkley, Bell, Chubb). That cowboys‘ line opens gaping holes— it’s not even funny. It’s tough to judge how good he is. But I’d suspect a lot of RBs would look really good behind that line. 

Personally, I think he’s pretty darn good. He was killing us last year and they went away from him and to Dak...thank God. 

6 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Man it would be nice if we could pull the strings to have Elliott come play alongside JA.  i love our backfield right now, but i would give up our guys for Elliott in a heartbeat

I'd rather have Singletary and Moss.  Especially at their salaries.

6 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Man it would be nice if we could pull the strings to have Elliott come play alongside JA.  i love our backfield right now, but i would give up our guys for Elliott in a heartbeat

Even though Elliot is a beast I think Dallas made a huge mistake giving him that kind of money , D S showed flashes last year and will be a 1000 yard rusher for years to come on a ROOKIE contract , I think Moss will be a BEAST our backfield is set and we can spend that money on Tre , Dawkins , and so on 

7 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Elliott is the best RB in the NFL... Pretty easy decision to make, tbh.

There are many who made up their mind about Josh Allen when he was a draft prospect, and were very vocal that he would be a bust.

They will cherry pick stats, and nitpick every mistake just to defend their position from 3 years ago.

Just look around.  The same people who praise Lamar Jackson's game, are the same people who knock Allen for his supposed inaccuracy and his below average completion percentage.  They are the same ones who say QBs should only be judged on throwing from the pocket, without considering what his athleticism and running ability bring to the table.

I'm convinced that if Allen turns into an MVP candidate this season, these critics will still find ways to say he's a one-year wonder.

22 minutes ago, Putin said:

Even though Elliot is a beast I think Dallas made a huge mistake giving him that kind of money , D S showed flashes last year and will be a 1000 yard rusher for years to come on a ROOKIE contract , I think Moss will be a BEAST our backfield is set and we can spend that money on Tre , Dawkins , and so on 

It was a mistake because of how much money they put into their o-line.  You don't need a premier running back to have a successful running game as the running game was fine before Zeke was drafted.  It's the reason they didn't sign Murray to a huge contract.  Even in 2015 when they went 4-12 McFadden had over 1000 yards with a similar ypc (4.6 to Zeke's 4.5).

4 hours ago, eball said:

I have been a big "Josh was raw and he's just been learning to play the position his first two years" guy.  That said, this season the excuses go away.  He's gotten the coaching, he's gotten the reps, he has continuity, and he's got lots of weapons.

For the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, the organization has done what it should. This, above. 

NO more excuses. If we play in 2020, or if we move to 2021, Josh's 3rd season will tell the story. If he Trubisky's the bed, then we find the next guy. I'm 100% behind him. (Not Trubisky, FYI)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

What about the “THREE-OH-OH” hump? ;)

Haha. I think it’s a bit of an arbitrary stat IF you are winning. There will probably be a game that will call for Josh to throw for over 300 if the Bills are going to win. 
having said that I was hoping he would of done it against the Dolphins last year. I am sure he will get a couple 300 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

exactly. Or like DeMarcus Murray a few years ago for the cowboys. When he left the cowboys, he looked pretty ordinary really fast. 

haha— agreed. He’s probably no. 1 now on most lists too! And probably has the most big-play potential. 

the one guy that would get a lot more press if he played behind a better line or for a better team though is Chubb. That guy is a real Home run hitter. 

So right! Demarcus who? Once he left Dallas.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Allen is a ridiculous talent. Folks that look strictly at the passing numbers are kind of stupid. He had a 20:9 TD:INT ratio last year, he takes care of the ball and can get you another 10 TDS on the ground. There is no better QB in the league on 3rd&1 or 4th&1 situations. Will it be a QB sneak? Will he run it to the pylon? Will it be an option play or a pass to Diggs, Brown, Knox or Beasley? Allen is absurdly hard to plan for in the red zone, he is an immense talent. Finally, finally, finally we have a franchise QB in Buffalo, it’s been so long. 

• Like (+1) 1

That fight for the first down on Thanksgiving gives me wood every time I watch it.  Josh Allen wants it more than every single QB we've had since Kelly, combined.