Elliot thinks Allen is a beast

Gambit

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Gambit, thanks for posting a football topic and not the other stuff.  Appreciate it, and process I’ll bet you a whole nickel, you’ll be very happy by the end of the year, and our RB stable are much cheaper.  More $ for Dawkins, Milano, White, etc.

Very true about our backfield.  I'm excited what they're going to do together.  You just cannot deny the talent that Elliott has though.  I'm hoping to see Moss turn into a Derrek Henry type running back.  We'll go very far utilizing both of our backs.

Edited by ProcessYaDigg
  • Like (+1) 3

I Digg Ya Process and good take.  I know Elliott is a rare find, but am just very hopeful DS will be McCoy of his prime, and I don’t see Moss running for 1500+ yards, but If you mean his style, I’m with ya.  I can’t wait to see him run over I don’t know say Gilmore.  I hope he pulls an Alstott back in his day, he had one run I remember against the Vikings.  He broke through the front seven was on his way to the Endzone and just had to take a corner and sail in.  Instead, Allstot, the maniac Turns right at the safety, knocks him at least five feet back and scores the TD.  That was back when ESPN used to have that schtick “Jacked Up”.  It’s going to be fun the business decisions guys like Gilmore will make when he has a pen angry Mack Truck running at him and watch the alligator arms come up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He’s right saying Josh is a beast...and only going to improve. What’s strange to me is the massive chasm between what most see and what the rest see. I suppose, if you look at numbers only, you can say he’s a poor QB. I also believe those numbers don’t show the whole picture, however. 

Josh has the heart of a lion, is clutch to the nth degree and, once the drop numbers come down, he will be a 63-64% passer...coupled with his running threat. Seems like a solid QB to me. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right saying Josh is a beast...and only going to improve. What’s strange to me is the massive chasm between what most see and what the rest see. I suppose, if you look at numbers only, you’d can say he’s a poor QB. I also believe those numbers don’t show the whole picture, however. 

Josh has the heart of a lion, is clutch to the nth degree and, once the drop numbers come down, he will be a 63-64% passer...coupled with his running threat. Seems like a solid QB to me. 

I expect Josh will get over the 60% hump this year. 
Elliot is a heck of a back, but I think the Singletary and Moss duo is going to be amazing. Moss might turn out to be a lot like Gore, from his early days with SF. They have similar builds and are both 5’9. Teams are going to have a headache since Singletary and Moss are very interchangeable, no tipping the hand when one comes in. 
This offense is set up to give Josh a great chance. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right saying Josh is a beast...and only going to improve. What’s strange to me is the massive chasm between what most see and what the rest see. I suppose, if you look at numbers only, you’d can say he’s a poor QB. I also believe those numbers don’t show the whole picture, however. 

I sort of think some people have differing views of a Franchise  qb. In that I mean if they don’t see him as elite now that he will never take us anywhere.

I’m more than happy with his progress from Year one to Year two and don’t see any reason why he can’t bring stability at the Qb position for the next 15 years. 

I never even watched one game of Josh in College and I think the accuracy comment is so overblown.  If fact half of this board probably convinced me we should have went with the Rosen one.

But  I love the fact that I never know what the heck he is going to pull off or mess up from one play to another. It’s exciting , fresh and a nice change  from the qb play we have seen since Kelly.

He passes my eye test and I ultimately think he will have a better career than qbs who have been the faces of other franchises for years like the Stafford, Ryan etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right saying Josh is a beast...and only going to improve. What’s strange to me is the massive chasm between what most see and what the rest see. I suppose, if you look at numbers only, you can say he’s a poor QB. I also believe those numbers don’t show the whole picture, however. 

I posted this the other day so don't beat me up on the repost. 

My two cents (which is worth less than two cents): This year could actually be seen as year one for JA as he was so inexperienced as a college QB. He was in a program that didn't expose him to pro-style anything. (Remember the Potato Bowl). The last two years made up for that lack of pro-style experience. I know it is hard to be patient as a Bills fan. We waited this long and I think this year is the year...

• Like (+1) 3

I have been a big "Josh was raw and he's just been learning to play the position his first two years" guy.  That said, this season the excuses go away.  He's gotten the coaching, he's gotten the reps, he has continuity, and he's got lots of weapons.  I'm expecting >60% completions and 30+ passing TDs, to go along with another half dozen or so rushing scores.  With his work ethic, talent, and mentality there is no reason to expect less.

• Like (+1) 9

3 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Man it would be nice if we could pull the strings to have Elliott come play alongside JA.  i love our backfield right now, but i would give up our guys for Elliott in a heartbeat

I’m not a big Elliott fan. I think he’s pretty good, but there are a bunch of other RBs in the NFL who I think are much better,

IMO (Kamara, Barkley, Bell, Chubb). That cowboys‘ line opens gaping holes— it’s not even funny. It’s tough to judge how good he is. But I’d suspect a lot of RBs would look really good behind that line. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I’m not a big Elliott fan. I think he’s pretty good, but there are a bunch of other RBs in the NFL who I think are much better,

IMO (Kamara, Barkley, Bell, Chubb). That cowboys‘ line opens gaping holes— it’s not even funny. It’s tough to judge how good he is. But I’d suspect a lot of RBs would look really good behind that line. 

Kinda like Emmet.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Good list, but you forgot the most dynamic RB in the league (IMO) is McCaffrey.  He’s like a RB and WR rolled up into one.

• Like (+1) 2

He is a beast. It's like I expect QB to have that fire, but in reality few display it like him. Like he did on that 4th down against the Cowboys. Seems other players respect that trait in a QB.

BTW nice answer he gave the dude asking why Allen had more TD than him. No excuses or whining or being pissed at the guy, just a straight compliment to Josh

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Kinda like Emmet.

exactly. Or like DeMarcus Murray a few years ago for the cowboys. When he left the cowboys, he looked pretty ordinary really fast. 

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Good list, but you forgot the most dynamic RB in the league (IMO) is McCaffrey.  He’s like a RB and WR rolled up into one.

haha— agreed. He’s probably no. 1 now on most lists too! And probably has the most big-play potential. 

the one guy that would get a lot more press if he played behind a better line or for a better team though is Chubb. That guy is a real Home run hitter. 

• Like (+1) 2

Zeke is right. I really don't understand the concern over Allen, he showed tremendous progress through each of his 2 seasons,  he has off the chart skill set, great leadership and all the intangibles you want in a QB. I expect him to continue to improve, I see him as a Brett Favre type of player that can carry a team even if he's not on his game that Sunday.  Diggs and Moss can only help. This year should be great.

• Like (+1) 1