16 out of 302 NBA players test positive for Covid 19

44 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You're missing the point here buddy, the tests are open to many more other than just those who are feeling sick.  There are people who are testing positive now that have no symptoms.  This is something that was already thought to be the case.  It's showing that the disease is much less deadly than originally thought.  There are several places around where I live that are offering testing regardless and without the approval of doctors.  Is there an actual uptick in the number of people dying?  Nope. 

That sounds like a racist, or privileged, or something else that is offensive to the left, statement. Keep it down.

Boom, what's the average life expectancy? 

It’s kinda odd how all the riots were okay and didn’t spread Covid but Trumps rally and beaches being open in Florida did spread it ?

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

It’s kinda odd how all the riots were okay and didn’t spread Covid but Trumps rally and beaches being open in Florida did spread it ?

We can talk about this with avoiding discussion of the president. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

How about the  guy that was threatened to go to jail for opening his barbershop ? ??

yes that actually happened 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

You're missing the point here buddy, the tests are open to many more other than just those who are feeling sick.  There are people who are testing positive now that have no symptoms.  This is something that was already thought to be the case.  It's showing that the disease is much less deadly than originally thought.  There are several places around where I live that are offering testing regardless and without the approval of doctors.  Is there an actual uptick in the number of people dying?  Nope. 

I live in south florida, and the general idea of what you are saying (that it is easy and quick for anyone to get a test for any reason) is just plain not accurate. 

I personally know of people who work with kids with developmental delays in the child's homes where either the person going into the home, or people within the home are trying to get a test and it is taking them five days to a week to get scheduled for a test, and these are people listed as essential healthcare workers. Then tests are taking 5+ days to come back with results.

On top of that, they are messing with the hospitalization data to make it so the state can stay open until after 4th of july. Again, it is starting to look more and more likely that people with mild symptoms could face significant lasting impacts across their entire body from this.

Hospitalizations are going up in Florida...give it another week or two, or even four, because you're right on the testing causing more positive cases...what do you think nyc would have looked like in terms of positive tests for younger demos a month before the deaths started...likely exactly like this...this will get to older people and once it does, it will grow exponentially in that demo as well. 

Also, if this causes even a 1% decrease in long term lung or other metabolic function, for a pro athlete, that could be the difference between hall of fame vs out of the league...we are asking people to take a huge monetary risk here.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I certainly agree with your first point.

I also agree that it has been more wide spread the entire time (which is why I was/still am inclined to think the mortality rate was always likely lower than reported).

I disagree that the data is inconclusive. It is very much conclusive that cases are rising. Under no situation can you have a rising denominator and a rising % without it being statistically significant. We could have been only testing people on Ventilator's at first and now testing people with Popsicle's. If the % is higher and the total is higher, it's statistically significant.

How you feel about that data, shut downs, shutting down again. That's all personal opinion. I've bounced back and forth on that topic. Go full out Darwin, rip the band aid off, only the strong survive, save the economy vs flatten the curve, bleed out slow, preserve as much medical resources to save lives as possible and the economy gets crushed. We decided to do a little of both. As it was said in Breaking Bad, half measures rarely work. We needed to go all in early with one of the two options but we missed that window. Now we will bleed out on both accounts.      

I can agree it’s opinion and half measures don’t work. Reopen and keep it open is my viewpoint. Flattening the curve (Though we can debate on whether that was needed too) was and should still be the test, not the changing goal posts of when we find a vaccine etc. 

7 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Political bent in everything these days.