Kim Pegula: Regular Season Finale (Headset)

The fun will begin when she starts talking into that headset.

She has already become a meddling, micro-managing menace in the Sabres organization.

Only a matter of time before she is doing similar stuff with the Bills.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The fun will begin when she starts talking into that headset.

She has already become a meddling, micro-managing menace in the Sabres organization.

Only a matter of time before she is doing similar stuff with the Bills.

LOL!  Keep 'em coming!

On 6/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, Mango said:

Would I listen in if I were an owner? Absolutely! How cool would that be?! But I also know I couldn’t be less qualified at an NFL level to scout a college kid, or know a play call. And no matter how long I own a team I probably never will be.

My only job as owner is to be in charge of grading pass/fail for the people who are qualified to make those decisions. Are we drafting well? Are we retaining talent? Are we acquiring quality FA? Do we manage game day we’ll? Yes! OK, as you were folks. No, time to find people who can do those things. 

I totally agree!

As for the posters worried about meddling...........................Good Grief get a grip.

kim hot.jpg

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I totally agree!

As for the posters worried about meddling...........................Good Grief get a grip.

kim hot.jpg

I actually think it is a valid concern. The Pegulas have a history of trying to micromanage. I don't think it will be immediate. It will come as franchise begins to peak and valley as all franchises do. When things start to trend down is when the Pegulas start to tighten their grip and make things worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually think it is a valid concern. The Pegulas have a history of trying to micromanage. I don't think it will be immediate. It will come as franchise begins to peak and valley as all franchises do. When things start to trend down is when the Pegulas start to tighten their grip and make things worse. 

I have no concern that they are micromanaging the Bills since Beane and McDermott have been here.

The Sabres need a similar duo and until then unfortunately they have been too involved.

I think that will end IF they can find a working combination.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I totally agree!

kim hot.jpg

This just in to Eyemissedit News:  Despite uncertainties in the fracking and energy industries, Pegula Sports and Entertainment has announced the purchase of the highly entertaining TBD web site message boards from an entity known as SDS, for an obscene amount of money, perpetual use of an owner's box at whatever stadium the Bills use as a home field, and official title 'the guy who replaced Whaley AND Brandon'.  Mrs. P. has been announced as Chief Moderator (and Lord High Executioner) of all TBD message boards.

(God, I love this place!  ?)

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, FireChans said:

What does that mean, more than he has? It’s a salary cap league. Just because you are in a good market doesn’t mean you win Super Bowls.

The difference is that the Cowboys are competitive and they make lots of money. The Sabres aren’t competitive and they don’t make lots of money. 

Additionally, it seems like everyone makes the playoffs in hockey. It’s really difficult to be that futile for this long, without being at least somewhat to blame. I’m a causal hockey fan, and I’ve given up on following the Sabres at this point. The worst drought years of the Bills were never as bad as this Sabres futility imo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Additionally, it seems like everyone makes the playoffs in hockey. It’s really difficult to be that futile for this long, without being at least somewhat to blame. I’m a causal hockey fan, and I’ve given up on following the Sabres at this point. The worst drought years of the Bills were never as bad as this Sabres futility imo. 

Exactly.  The Sabres are like the Jags from 2011 - 2016.

We talk about things like playoffs and all this other stuff, but honestly those benchmarks don't matter as much as being competitive. If you have a team that can be fun and exciting and you catch some bad breaks and don't make the playoffs, fans will still care and watch.   But when your team can't even compete for a spot, is going on long losing streaks, falls apart, and your basically out of the hunt 2 months before the postseason?  People stop caring.

That's what the Sabres are realizing. #1 picks lose their sheen when you are 14th in the conference by February.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder which TBD member Mrs. P. is...?

I more wonder which TBD member is Rex.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kim can do whatever she wants.  ? 3rd sexiest nfl owner next to Jerry Jones and Mark Davis. ?

Ok Mark Davis is clearly Moe. Are you Curley or Larry?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, First Round Bust said:

what the difference between this and being in the same room with the GM, coaches, scouts, director of scouting-player personnel, etc on draft day ?  which I think has been a more common occurrence thru the years...if I was a zillion-aire and owned the Bills I would build the trust so that I could do what Kim did once on a weekly basis as well as other things like watching game films and some meetings provided the participants felt comfortable.

If I was the owner, I'd want the headset every weekend. I'd just be so fascinated by the decisions that are being made. I'd just be really cool and interesting to me. 

On 6/26/2020 at 5:49 PM, Bferra13 said:

She's wrecking the Sabres... wish she'd just go away a bit. Watch from afar. Terry has pretty much disappeared. 

As she spoke at the PSE company meeting, Pegula had a video presentation, which included the slide, “Pegula Family Goals.” There were three headers listed: “Win Championships,” “Sustainability” and “Return on Investment.”

As she discussed return on investment,  Kim Pegula said it also meant maintaining the family’s lifestyle

Kim is 51, Terry is 69.  Terry made his $ before knowing Kim.  I sense problems arising within the entire organization.  

8 minutes ago, LB48 said:

As she spoke at the PSE company meeting, Pegula had a video presentation, which included the slide, “Pegula Family Goals.” There were three headers listed: “Win Championships,” “Sustainability” and “Return on Investment.”

As she discussed return on investment,  Kim Pegula said it also meant maintaining the family’s lifestyle

Kim is 51, Terry is 69.  Terry made his $ before knowing Kim.  I sense problems arising within the entire organization.  

Any wealthy guy who marries a woman that much younger than him is insane if he didn't get a prenup.  I think Terry is more of a hockey fan and Kim is more of a football fan.  Note that I mentioned "fan" so I hope her wearing a headset doesn't go beyond simple curiosity.

• Like (+1) 1