Kim Pegula: Regular Season Finale (Headset)

Based upon the tempest in a teapot this has created, I really think Mrs. P. needs to wear pink headphones every game, and a coach randomly selected will also have a similarly coloured set.  She can be listening to the broadcast crew; the coach will be carrying on as always with usual procedures.  The unfounded speculation on here regarding her 'coaching' ought to be good for a three page thread after every home game.  Better yet, I'm going to suggest Mark Davis for the Raiders start this practice.

Kim Pegula ? Mark Davis ? ?

?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Personally I hate it!! The less involved the owner is the better. 

Like Snyder and Jerrah.  Sorry, it was too easy KJ.  You know I’m a fan.  Anyway, I don’t see the harm.  It’s not like she was telling McD what to do.  She just wanted to experience the chaos.  Must be a Joker fan.  Why so Serious?  My favorite bad guy from all of those Batman movies.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Based upon the tempest in a teapot this has created, I really think Mrs. P. needs to wear pink headphones every game, and a coach randomly selected will also have a similarly coloured set.  She can be listening to the broadcast crew; the coach will be carrying on as always with usual procedures.  The unfounded speculation on here regarding her 'coaching' ought to be good for a three page thread after every home game.  Better yet, I'm going to suggest Mark Davis for the Raiders start this practice.

Kim Pegula ? Mark Davis ? ?

?

Nothing like waking up on a Saturday to a sarcastic and funny Ridgeway post.  You always keep me laughing Ridge.  I actually had that dork now in Vegas with the worst haircut on the planet (he must have loved Dumb and Dumber), that stupid jumpsuit, wearing a pink Headset.  That visual is chilling to say the least.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Involved is not listening and learning.  Involved is making game day decisions.  IMO the more an owner knows the better. 

I agree they should not be making game day decisions but knowing more is always good.

• Like (+1) 2

This just in!  Robert Kraft is rumoured to be donning a headset for all Patriot games.  Although not actively coaching, he is purported to be offering 'incentives' to players during the game for outstanding performance.  Nothing like the owner giving his players a hand for their hard work.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It depends on the character of the involvement.

If Kim starts calling plays and Terry starts making draft picks, there's a huge problem.

But going to games, attending practices, and even wearing headsets simply shows they're interested and care about what's going on.  

I'd rather have engaged (but not meddling) ownership than absentee owners.  

And, c'mon Kirby, if you owned the Bills, you wouldn't want to listen in at least once?

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Like Snyder and Jerrah.  Sorry, it was too easy KJ.  You know I’m a fan.  Anyway, I don’t see the harm.  It’s not like she was telling McD what to do.  She just wanted to experience the chaos.  Must be a Joker fan.  Why so Serious?  My favorite bad guy from all of those Batman movies.

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Involved is not listening and learning.  Involved is making game day decisions.  IMO the more an owner knows the better. 

I agree they should not be making game day decisions but knowing more is always good.

I guess I just look at it as she’s one step closer to having a button to call plays. The owner’s role is to entertain politicians and business people on a game day. It’s not to hear a conversation between McDermott, Daboll and Allen. It’s not to wait outside for autographs. This really isn’t a big deal but it just confirms what I already believed. We have super fans as owners. That’s not  a compliment. Super fans make players and coaches uncomfortable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It depends on the character of the involvement.

If Kim starts calling plays and Terry starts making draft picks, there's a huge problem.

But going to games, attending practices, and even wearing headsets simply shows they're interested and care about what's going on.  

I'd rather have engaged (but not meddling ownership than absentee owners.  

And, c'mon Kirby, if you owned the Bills, you wouldn't want to listen in at least once?

Lol, I really wouldn’t. I would be so cognizant of micromanaging that wouldn’t be on the agenda. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, I really wouldn’t. I would be so cognizant of micromanaging that wouldn’t be on the agenda. 

Then you're a better man than I am.  I'd absolutely wear a headset at least once if I owned the Bills.  

The BN reports that Kim was talked into it by the VP of IT who told her, "If you really want to what's going on on the field, you need to be on the headset." 

That makes me think he's been on the headset.  And that makes me wonder, who else has been on headsets?  Maybe it's not uncommon for the coaches to have silent eavesdroppers.      

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There's another term for that.  And medication.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Then you're a better man than I am.  I'd absolutely wear a headset at least once if I owned the Bills.  

The BN reports that Kim was talked into it by the VP of IT who told her, "If you really want to what's going on on the field, you need to be on the headset." 

That makes me think he's been on the headset.  And that makes me wonder, who else has been on headsets?  Maybe it's not uncommon for the coaches to have silent eavesdroppers.      

He’s definitely been on the headsets. That’s kind of his job though at some level. He needs to make sure everything is flowing on game day. There are a bunch of people I’m sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ah come on dude. Like Jerry said, I wouldn’t own the team if I couldn’t be the President.

That job rules

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think the issue is, this isn’t like a Buscotti who lets his football people do football things, but takes an afternoon to experience what game day is like.

When it comes to this, you can’t separate it from the constant meddling from the Pegula’s. Especially on the Sabre’s side. 

• Like (+1) 1