Kim Pegula: Regular Season Finale (Headset)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/26/kim-pegula-wore-headset-for-bills-regular-season-finale/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Kim Pegula wore a headset during the regular season finale. Granted, the game meant nothing, what will it lead to in the future in their owner/management of the team(s)?

Is this typically done? As detailed as McDermott is, I’m not sure if he likes any distraction/out of the norm requests. I also think that he warrants trust and confidence (success on the field, revamped the entire roster, etc.). 

Thoughts? 

Edited by KellyToTasker

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I get the feeling she's was just listening and not chiming in with her personnel preferences on 3rd and long. 

No issue with it. 

I didn’t think she was calling plays, making decisions, but it may impact how and what is said when you have the owner listening. 

The organizations that do well (long term) have owners that have more of a hands off approach and allow their football people to run the operation. 

Couple in the disfunction with the Sabres, it’s concerning.

Its likely nothing, but it may lead to more pressing issues.

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I didn’t think she was calling plays, making decisions, but it may impact how and what is said when you have the owner listening. 

The organizations that do well (long term) have owners that have more of a hands off approach and allow their football people to run the operation. 

Couple in the disfunction with the Sabres, it’s concerning.

Its likely nothing, but it may lead to more pressing issues.

If you’re at the upper end of the organization, it shouldn’t matter who’s listening or watching in my opinion. 

She wasn’t interfering, only curious. I’d be inclined to do the same. When I visit with some of my personnel I stay as quiet as I can so I can listen to them. Seems like she was doing the same. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

of course she can. Doesn't make it right

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

She can, absolutely. Their track record with the Sabres, yikes. They have a good thing going with the Bills.....I hope their approach with the Sabres doesn’t bleed over to the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

“I’m like, ‘Oh, am I allowed to be on a headset?’ So I picked a game after we had made the playoffs.

She picked a meaningless game and said that it gave her an appreciation for what the coaches do during a game. I see no problem with it.

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Kim Pegula Wade Phillips?  ?

Wade evolved:

ARLINGTON, TX - OCTOBER 25: Head coach Wade Phillips of the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium on October 25, 2010 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

what the difference between this and being in the same room with the GM, coaches, scouts, director of scouting-player personnel, etc on draft day ?  which I think has been a more common occurrence thru the years...if I was a zillion-aire and owned the Bills I would build the trust so that I could do what Kim did once on a weekly basis as well as other things like watching game films and some meetings provided the participants felt comfortable.

Heck, I’d listen in too if I could! At least once.  I see no harm in this happening for the finale, but would hope it doesn’t become “a thing”. I’d rather be in the draft room, but this would be cool too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

She appears to not have much business sense and seems to be learning on the go. She and Terry need to step back and let the pros handle the team, especially with the Sabres. Please have her stop talking to the press, they just make her look bad. 

Yet, on the flip side of this.....the Pegula's who earned billions of dollars have no business sense?  Really?

Leave it to the pros?  How'd that work out for the Bills for the 20 year drought?  The Tom Donahoe era in particular....wasn't that entire era of pro run Bills football just so much fun?  Both on and off the field.  Business and Football ops.  The pros didn't seem to have a clue either.

I get your point.  But still.  Good players correct everything.  The Sabres will get lucky at some point, and they'll be called a model franchise someday.