Michael Lombardi "Bills have a huge hole at QB".

These self proclaimed "experts: who continue to parrot the "you can't improve accuracy" theory have no credibility. I am no expert on the development of NFL quarterbacks, but I am capable of accessing some basic statistics on NFL quarterbacks. Here are two examples - two great quarterbacks - one a "gunslinger" and the other a precision/accuracy type QB:

Brett Favre  -- 1991-2001 Average Completion Percentage   ---  60.96%

2002-2010 Average Completion Percentage   --   63.32%

Drew Brees -- 2002-2010 Average Completion Percentage   -- 64.89%

2011-2019 Average Completion Percentage   -- 70.12%

Did these two all-time greats not improve their accuracy over time?

I really wonder what passes for journalism these days - You can't improve accuracy? What nonsense!

I don't have the time or patience to look up additional QB stats - but I dare to guess that some improvement over time is common place in the QB profession.

No wonder that the media has lost so much credibility in recent years -- no standards of performance for them. I must have picked the wrong profession. 

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t read a lot of comments. 

30 years old bills fan. Josh Allen fan.  I don’t remember Jim Kelly era. From my small sample size outside Drew Bledsoe. I can never remember a bills QB and thinking we still have a shot when down in a game and trying to come back from behind. 

Allen with never probably reach the elite echelon. I still think he’s a franchise QB. Not worried about what they think because we won’t be looking for a new one for a while 

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately, he is 100% correct about fixing inaccuracy. The only way Josh Allen scares defenders is by pulling the ball down and running with it. We need someone whose natural arm accuracy forces defenses to adjust. No need to keep the safeties back if the QB misses everything over 20 yards by a wide margin. He also has the worst short range accuracy. 

Joe Ferguson could take this team deep into the playoffs. Let's see what Allen can do in year 3.

Edited by GreggTX

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ravens begged Allen to throw it deep. He did, and missed a lot of throws that day.

begged Allen to throw deep ?? They were blitzing on almost every play !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

This is so wrong it hurts to read.  The people at PFF have a specific way of collecting and analyzing data that they use to rate QBs.  Allen does poorly by their metrics.  He did poorly in college and he’s done poorly in the pros.  It is what it is.  If he improves, then they’ll rate him better.  If he becomes a successful NFL QB despite doing poorly with their metrics, then they’ll take a look at changing their metrics.  I’ve literally heard them say exactly that when talking about Allen.  

Someone as smart as you apparently are should be able to understand that the dude I was responding to didn’t even bring up PFF. Nor did I. Maybe it hurts to read because you aren’t very good at it. .... good talk, bruh. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

To sum up this thread:

- Lombardi is a ? head because he doesn’t think the 24th ranked quarterback isn’t a superstar

- on a super well rounded team, he thinks the 24th ranked qb is the biggest weakness.  Moron.

- Lamar Jackson, the former Heisman winner and MVP at 23, is mediocre at best while Josh Allen is being held back by Brian Daboll

i wish my girlfriend would ride for me like some of for Allen.  Is this what Bears fans did before last year?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

To sum up this thread:

- Lombardi is a ? head because he doesn’t think the 24th ranked quarterback isn’t a superstar

- on a super well rounded team, he thinks the 24th ranked qb is the biggest weakness.  Moron.

- Lamar Jackson, the former Heisman winner and MVP at 23, is mediocre at best while Josh Allen is being held back by Brian Daboll

i wish my girlfriend would ride for me like some of for Allen.  Is this what Bears fans did before last year?

Josh is ranked 24th in what?  What I care more about is being ranked 6th...in TDs. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Josh is ranked 24th in what?  What I care more about is being ranked 6th...in TDs. 

This stat.  This and 4th quarter comebscks.  We scored 19 points/ game with one of the best defenses in the NFL.  Aaron Rodgers lost 15 tds to Aaron Jones.  Brees lost a ton of tds to Ingram and Murray the last 2 years.   Such an overrated stat.  

fun stat.  JP Losman was top 10 in tds in 2006.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

This stat.  This and 4th quarter comebscks.  We scored 19 points/ game with one of the best defenses in the NFL.  Aaron Rodgers lost 15 tds to Aaron Jones.  Brees lost a ton of tds to Ingram and Murray the last 2 years.   Such an overrated stat.  

Yes, scoring is such an overrated stat. You win games based on who had the better ranking in some other statistic. ?

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, scoring is such an overrated stat. You win games based on who had the better ranking in some other statistic. ?

We were the 23th ranked offense with the 2nd best defense in NFL!  Did we watch the same Bills last year?  Literally the only reason this team wasn’t a SB contender was because our offense. 

allen is a super good dude who works hard.  But his “potential” is a lot higher than what he has proven on the field.  I heard an interview with Matt Ryan and he said a coach told him the key to being a good QB is making the boring look sexy.  Allen makes the flash plays but he lack consistency and I don’t think it’s as easy to do as some of you.   We are going to have the discussion on Allen next offseason.  Great dude with all the tools but at some point, the proof is in the pudding.  There is absolutely no reason a top 10 pick shouldn’t be a superstar in the MWC. Allen has never been a superstar on any level. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We were the 23th ranked offense with the 2nd best defense in NFL!  Did we watch the same Bills last year?  Literally the only reason this team wasn’t a SB contender was because our offense. 

allen is a super good dude who works hard.  But his “potential” is a lot higher than what he has proven on the field.  I heard an interview with Matt Ryan and he said a coach told him the key to being a good QB is making the boring look sexy.  Allen makes the flash plays but he lack consistency and I don’t think it’s as easy to do as some of you.   We are going to have the discussion on Allen next offseason.  Great dude with all the tools but at some point, the proof is in the pudding.  There is absolutely no reason a top 10 pick shouldn’t be a superstar in the MWC. Allen has never been a superstar on any level. 

Yes, we all know that the offense held the team back last year, namely at #2 WR and #2 RB.  Which is why they went after Diggs and drafted Moss.  If Knox can fix his drop problem, it's gravy.

We'll see what discussion we have next year.  I'd rather let things play out than speculate on what it might be about.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, we all know that the offense held the team back last year, namely at #2 WR and #2 RB.  Which is why they went after Diggs and drafted Moss.  If Knox can fix his drop problem, it's gravy.

We'll see what discussion we have next year.  I'd rather let things play out than speculate on what it might be about.

Completely fair and I genuinely hope you are right.  I think as Bills fans, we ignore fatal flaws with qbs because we hope for the best rather than look at objectively.  That said, Allen is in an amazing situation and I just hope we know if he’s the real deal after next year.  I do believe he is a really good dude and hope you are right. But qb is the biggest question mark on this team and every nonBills fan would agree with that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

This ^^^

Buffalo lost that playoff game on the passes not caught that were totally catchable, it always takes two to tango in the passing game. Yes Allen needs to get better, that’s a no brainer,  but our receivers let us down repeatedly last season, 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

This ^^^

Buffalo lost that playoff game on the passes not caught that were totally catchable, it always takes two to tango in the passing game. Yes Allen needs to get better, that’s a no brainer,  but our receivers let us down repeatedly last season, 

No other QBs has receivers drop passes.  Fact.

imagine Mitch T’s numbers if his receivers were better!!!  https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No other QBs has receivers drop passes.  Fact.

imagine Mitch T’s numbers if his receivers were better!!!  https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Not saying dropped passes don’t happen to every receiver, regardless of team, did I not state that Allen needs to get better and that it’s a no brainer that he does? Are you sayin that it doesn’t take two to tango in the passing game? If so I can’t wait to hear why, ?

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not saying dropped passes don’t happen to every receiver, regardless of team, did I not state that Allen needs to get better and that it’s a no brainer that he does? Are you sayin that it doesn’t take two to tango in the passing game? If so I can’t wait to hear why, ?

All I’ve ever said is that maybe the guy who has never completed 60% of his passes on any level, including a low level D 1 conference ,might be more of the reason than the receivers.  

again, I hope everyone here is right about Allen.  This team is good enough to win even with below average qb play.  But with a legit good qb, this team can make SB noise.  I pray that Allen surprises the hell out of me. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All I’ve ever said is that maybe the guy who has never completed 60% of his passes on any level, including a low level D 1 conference ,might be more of the reason than the receivers.  

again, I hope everyone here is right about Allen.  This team is good enough to win even with below average qb play.  But with a legit good qb, this team can make SB noise.  I pray that Allen surprises the hell out of me. 

All everyone has ever said from the get go is that Allen needs to get better and it’s a no brainer... not a soul has said otherwise.  league wide though, it’s not the QBs who are dropping passes is it... ?  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We had 2 returning players from our 2018 offense on last years squad.Did you think they were gonna light up the scoreboard?  Allen has made improvements and the offense has made improvements,  there is no reason think it won’t continue. 

• Like (+1) 1