Michael Lombardi "Bills have a huge hole at QB".

Well it really sucks for the Bills that they have the one quarterback in the league that misses open receivers and throw deep incompletions. No other team has to make up for that, only the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4

Most QBs that fail do so because they do not develop fast enough to help their team win enough games to let everyone keep their jobs.  Patience is not encouraged and rarely is a virtue in the Not For Long world.  Josh is on a winning team and is doing everything he can to make himself a better QB.  He has made huge progress and is already better than many predicted and has a real good chance to be a long term, difference making player.  I could go further but Yolo nailed it.  I do feel weary of this today.

51 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Is anything he said not true? The 24th ranked offense in the league but they have a franchise quarterback? 

Rear view mirror take. Like predicting 2020 by reprinting 2019 standings. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

“It happened it college. Remember coming out, Josh Allen was viewed as a quarterback, not an athlete. Today he’s viewed more as an athlete than a quarterback. And the other issue is he doesn’t run with it enough to utilize his skillset. I think that’s the big question with the Bills. I love the Bills team from front to center. I’d easily support them to win the East but I have real questions. You go back and watch that Patriot game in New England. There were guys open in that game … (Allen) just misses them. And then the second half of the Houston game, he just misses them. We can all hope he gets better at it, and I hope he does. But I’ve yet to see a quarterback improve significantly his accuracy. It’s a hard thing to do.”

Not giving him the benefit of a click. 

Based on the excerpt posted above, F him. His take is as lazy as it gets. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Nester said:

The biggest question Mark on the team is QB.

if he plays at the same level as last year, we will stay mediocre. If he can take a step forward this team can do great things. All the pieces are in place. 

This team makes it or breaks it all based on Joshs growth. 

If 10 wins (could have been 11) is mediocre. The evolution of Bills fandom: from 17 year playoff drought to sniffing at 10 wins.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we all have some concerns re Allen’s deep-ball accuracy.  

The thing that he does very well though is the long intermediate, over-the-middle throws.  To me, those are, in a lot of ways, the hardest throws to make, and the bulk of the throws that really great QB’s make.  And they are the throws that bad QB’s don’t even try to complete. When it’s 3 and 15, there are two guys I want as my QB— Ben R. And Josh Allen. They are fearless And skilled in that situation. 

What I would like to see is Allen add to his arsenal the check-downs (can’t believe I am saying this), and focus on the short and intermediate game. I really don’t see his deep ball improving much, but I am not sure he has to have a great deep ball to be a threat and keep defenses from cheating. He has the added threat of his legs. Seems like that will keep defenses more honest than anything else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I love the Farley reaction there.

I don't know what he's talking about w/ the Pats game.  Not sure if he noticed, but Belichick made every single young QB look abysmal last season - maybe Allen missed an open guy here or there, but those defenses are designed to confuse & rattle inexperienced QB's.  It took Peyton Manning about 5-6 years to figure out the Pats.

Certainly isn't an issue with accuracy, in my opinion. Never has been. Allen can put the ball wherever he wants.

His issues are with decision making. His worst throws are when he's getting driven back and he throws off his back foot to avoid a sack. Bad decision. I even think the deep throw misses (which are low percentage anyway) were a conscious decision to lead receivers more because he was scared to turn the ball over after that NE game.

Another problem is processing the play sometimes, which will come with experience.

People still pushing the "Josh Allen is inaccurate" narrative don't really understand what his real issues are.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I absolutely love when people say that they’ve never seen a QB improve his accuracy, because what they really mean is “except for all the ones that have”.

Pretty much every QB in the league improves their completion percentage over their career, especially from the first couple of years. So if that's the magic accuracy number, and people always point to that when criticizing Allen, then it's pretty clear that QB's do improve their accuracy.

But it's funny that we expect accuracy improvement at every level of football until they get to the pros, then it's impossible for accuracy to improve.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Certainly isn't an issue with accuracy, in my opinion. Never has been. Allen can put the ball wherever he wants.

His issues are with decision making. His worst throws are when he's getting driven back and he throws off his back foot to avoid a sack. Bad decision. I even think the deep throw misses (which are low percentage anyway) were a conscious decision to lead receivers more because he was scared to turn the ball over after that NE game.

Another problem is processing the play sometimes, which will come with experience.

People still pushing the "Josh Allen is inaccurate" narrative don't really understand what his real issues are.

His deep ball was atrocious last year. The fact that it’s a point of emphasis this offseason kinda tells you that even Josh knows it’s a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

His deep ball was atrocious last year. The fact that it’s a point of emphasis this offseason kinda tells you that even Josh knows it’s a problem.

Did you read my post that you quoted? I mentioned the deep ball.

Yes.  Besides the 30 TDs, 9-0 in games where he completes 60% of his passes, and mass improvement over his rookie year where he was considered a project even at #7, 4th quarter comebacks that I have actually lost track of and the playoffs...sure.

...now, would you like some milk before you take your goofy pills?