Michael Lombardi "Bills have a huge hole at QB".

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

“It happened it college. Remember coming out, Josh Allen was viewed as a quarterback, not an athlete. Today he’s viewed more as an athlete than a quarterback. And the other issue is he doesn’t run with it enough to utilize his skillset. I think that’s the big question with the Bills. I love the Bills team from front to center. I’d easily support them to win the East but I have real questions. You go back and watch that Patriot game in New England. There were guys open in that game … (Allen) just misses them. And then the second half of the Houston game, he just misses them. We can all hope he gets better at it, and I hope he does. But I’ve yet to see a quarterback improve significantly his accuracy. It’s a hard thing to do.”

You Son Of A Bitch GIFs | Tenor

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Year 3 for Allen, Darnold, Mayfield. I would say its put up or shut up time for all three. I do think Josh showed solid improvement from year 1 to year 2. He definitely needs to take another step. I mentioned this before but he should have sat and held a clipboard his rookie year and watched Peterman/McCarron. But since the Bills ****ed up their QB situation so bad at the time Allen got thrown out there in a sink or swim situation. To make matters worse the Bills were a bad team with a horrible offense. Considering where he started from I think Josh has done a good job. Hopefully he takes the next step to being a solid QB this year and quiets his critics.

• Like (+1) 10

I can't put much stock in a piece so badly written and edited.  I do not know if it's Lombardi's fault, Parrino's fault, or Parrino's editor's fault.  Looks like the work of a grade 9 student, written on the school bus on the way to school the morning the assignment was due.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The biggest question Mark on the team is QB.

if he plays at the same level as last year, we will stay mediocre. If he can take a step forward this team can do great things. All the pieces are in place. 

This team makes it or breaks it all based on Joshs growth. 

• Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Is anything he said not true? The 24th ranked offense in the league but they have a franchise quarterback? 

The hot take/clickbait title of “Bills have a huge hole at QB” is extremely obnoxious.  

What I would say is we hopefully have our Franchise QB, and this year will show a lot given Year 1, he had some of the worst weapons in the NFL, with a terrible OL and Year 2, he had an OL in its first year together, with average weapons.  

No “Franchise QB” should need an All-Star team around him, but a solid OL, a couple talented young RBs and this WR/TE unit is on par with what most teams have around their Franchise guys.  

Brees has guys like Thomas and Kamara. 

Jackson has an elite OL, good backs and filthy TEs. 

Mayfield, may or may not be the guy, but has elite weapons.  

Matt Ryan has elite WRs. 

Mahomes has filthy talent all over. 

Watson “had” Hopkins - and id argue he did the most with less when it comes to franchise guys. 

Even Jimmy G had elite backs/OL and Kittle/Deebo 

List goes on and on.... We had Allen throwing to Duke Williams in a Playoff Game with a rookie RB as Brown/Beasley (who are good complimentary pieces) proved that they are complimentary pieces. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Year 3 for Allen, Darnold, Mayfield. I would say its put up or shut up time for all three. I do think Josh showed solid improvement from year 1 to year 2. He definitely needs to take another step. I mentioned this before but he should have sat and held a clipboard his rookie year and watched Peterman/McCarron. But since the Bills ****ed up their QB situation so bad at the time Allen got thrown out there in a sink or swim situation. To make matters worse the Bills were a bad team with a horrible offense. Considering where he started from I think Josh has done a good job. Hopefully he takes the next step to being a solid QB this year and quiets his critics.

I would give Josh - who did not come from an elite program in either HS or college - an extra year to develop if needed but you are right: this will continue until he has better numbers and/or we start winning playoff games.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly it seems like every time there is a player that the bills pass on in the draft then they always want to single out the Bills it seems as if the other many teams that passed on these players get a free pass but since its the Bills it is just a big huge mistake.  Taking John McCargo one pick before Gronk I believe, passing on Mahomes, passing on Jackson.  Jackson was the last pick in the draft right? Had to be for a reason.  Just my thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

Honestly it seems like every time there is a player that the bills pass on in the draft then they always want to single out the Bills it seems as if the other many teams that passed on these players get a free pass but since its the Bills it is just a big huge mistake.  Taking John McCargo one pick before Gronk I believe, passing on Mahomes, passing on Jackson.  Jackson was the last pick in the draft right? Had to be for a reason.  Just my thoughts. 

I think you're thinking of troup.  Either way.  Neither did anything in the league.

I really don't care about the stats or the obvious warts in his game.  They are great clickbait and obvious low-grade fodder for lazy TV analysts, but here's the basics for me:

He's a leader - his teammates love and respect him and he's worked hard to get to that spot in just 2 years

He's a winner - he does what it takes to make plays both with his arm and legs.  Early career John Elway

He's shown great improvement on harnessing his raw talent and getting markedly better at the mental side of the game, including prep & game plans

He's incredibly fun to watch and easy to root for.  He has fun playing the game and leads with energy which his teammates feed off of

Is he Drew Brees?  Nope, and never will be.  So we should stop worrying about why not.

Enjoy the ride and whenever we have a season, it will be fun to watch

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2