Garbage plate reviews

Just Jack

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

This guy has been going around Rochester for just the past couple of months reviewing the different garbage plates....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfPFG_X5vZ7cgiFVkd2dHrw/videos

I heard @Jimmy Spagnola makes a mean "Oscar the Grouch" garbage plate, it's served fresh from his dumpster with a complimentary glass of toilet wine.

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Gitsis used to have the plate.

ohhhh they really did.  especially at late night.  empire hots was always good.  most others taste generically the same to me.  just variations of how they're cooked.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

ohhhh they really did.  especially at late night.  empire hots was always good.  most others taste generically the same to me.  just variations of how they're cooked.

yep, yep loved empire hots plates as well. 

i think they called 'em 'trash plates'.

Edited by Foxx

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yep, yep loved empire hots plates as well. 

i think they called 'em 'trash plates'.

the names are getting absurd.  trash plates, dumpster plates, landfill plates, etc.  we get it.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, teef said:

the names are getting absurd.  trash plates, dumpster plates, landfill plates, etc.  we get it.  

I believe Garbage Plate is trademarked by Tahou's.  

Dog Town and Charlie Riedel's have (had?) the best plates in town.  Sticky Lip's BBQ garbage plate is very good as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't live in Western NY anymore.  Believe it or not, you can now get very good Buffalo wings just about anywhere - not quite AS good, but really solid (unlike 20 years ago, when I'd order Buffalo wings and get mini fried chicken).

But you have to be upstate for a good garbage plate.  Man, do I miss garbage plates.

Though, to add, I've probably added 2-3 years to my life by not having access to garbage plates.

25 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I believe Garbage Plate is trademarked by Tahou's.  

Dog Town and Charlie Riedel's have (had?) the best plates in town.  Sticky Lip's BBQ garbage plate is very good as well.

charlie's may have some of the best food in that genre hands down.  never head of dog town.  

41 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You're just jealous because your work, once you're INSIDE the stadium, isn't as good looking as this.

Nick Tahou Garbage Plate, Whats Cooking America

My dog leaves me something that looks like that on the dining room rug from time to time. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I've seen a few places offer relish on the plate, has anyone tried it? I have and thought it gave a nice additional flavor to the plate.

There's a few places here in the Syracuse area offering plates. I had one from Brick and Barrel in Baldwinsville a couple weeks ago, it was the first plate I considered not being able to finish it all. Not because of taste, but because I was feeling full. They don't have it all the time, they change up the menu weekly.

https://www.brick-n-barrel.com/

Comedian Jim Gaffigan has a YouTube show where he goes and tries various local 'specialties' while he tours doing standup. He does one in Cleveland where he tries a few 'Polish Boys', last time he was in Rochester he goes out I believe to Nicks with a few others to try a garbage plate. He gave it a pretty good review.