PSA: How to use the "Ignored Users" function

dubs

37 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoaxx.

These are the people who tremble in fear of Antifa!  I bet they run from monsters under their bed at night, too!

Hoax.  From what I can tell, there has always been a profound amount of stupidity here.  Non-trumper posters have just injected a little bit of intelligence here and there lately.  So actually there's probably the same amount of stupid, and now just a little more smart.  

We fear ANTIFA?  Where did you get that from?

Intelligence?  Seriously?  

Hoax!

Fake!

Link!

Rule#2

You mean that little bit of intelligence?  

🙄

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We fear ANTIFA?  Where did you get that from?

Trump himself.  No noise about the danger of COVID-19 in March (when, as Trump himself acknowledges on the Woodward tapes, he knew of the dangers of that virus) because Trump didn't want to want to "create a panic." https://www.npr.org/2020/09/12/912081447/trump-says-he-prevented-panic-on-pandemic-thats-not-his-usual-approach.  But in September 2020 Trump is voicing and sending alerts about this fictional terrorist organization (that, it should be noted, apparently flourished under Trump's watch, to the extent it is not a hoax) given the grave threat that this imaginary outfit poses to law and order everywhere.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/09/13/theyll-attack-your-homes-trump-campaign-sends-antifa-alert-to-supporters/#7088d0792a51

Face it.  Trump and his followers (the Fa, if you will) quake in fear of Antifa.  They tremble at the mere mention of the name.  Because they never know where these communist arsonists anti-fa people, who now apparently include the formerly venerable Smoky the Bear, will strike next.  It's the only explanation for the myopic focus on the anti-fa during this campaign. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Face it.  Trump and his followers (the Fa, if you will) quake in fear of Antifa.  They tremble at the mere mention of the name.  Because they never know where these communist arsonists anti-fa people, who now apparently include the formerly venerable Smoky the Bear, will strike next.  It's the only explanation for the myopic focus on the anti-fa during this campaign. 

No trembling here, I have been waiting with baited breath and full mags for them to show up.

Edited by Gary M

On 6/25/2020 at 10:32 AM, dubs said:

A useful tool to avoid unnecessary confrontations and wasting time is to take advantage of the "Ignored Users" function.  When put into effect, the "Ignored Users" function will enable you to choose which, if any, content you'd like to filter from your view.  A user can choose to ignore specific content from specific users such as; "posts", "messages", "signature", "mentions", and "shout box".

To activate the "Ignore Users" function, you can just follow these easy steps:

1) Click the drop down menu in the top right corner of your screen

2) Click on "Account"

3) Click on "Ignored Users"

4) Add new user to ignore using the search function

5) Select user

6) Check the boxes of the content you'd like to ignore from the user

7) Enjoy an adult beverage and relax

There are many clues that can indicate it might be a good idea to start ignoring specific users.  A few of them are listed here:

1) A specific user is acting in a threatening manner

2) A specific user is not contributing to the topic in a thread

3) A specific user is always talking about the same thing, in every thread

4) A specific user is unable to have a reasonable discussion

5) When you see a post from a specific user, you get the same feeling as when you smell a terrible fart in a public setting

6) You often get SHE (second hand embarrassment) for a specific user

7) After a long back and forth with a specific user, you ask yourself, "why did I just waste precious time in my life engaging with that person"

Hope this helps, happy discussions and remember, "Ignored Users" is your friend.

LOL, it's getting so dark!! LOL 

57 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I don't see my name on that list.  I don't know whether to be offended or insulted.   :unsure:

It’s pretty easy to stay off the list. Just engage in honest, healthy debate. There are plenty of people on here willing to do so. The Trump bashing is tiresome. Feel free to espouse the positives about YOUR position and YOUR chosen preferences / programs / candidate. You’ll find it to be far more intellectually stimulating than the “I know you are but what am I?” nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Trump himself.  No noise about the danger of COVID-19 in March (when, as Trump himself acknowledges on the Woodward tapes, he knew of the dangers of that virus) because Trump didn't want to want to "create a panic." https://www.npr.org/2020/09/12/912081447/trump-says-he-prevented-panic-on-pandemic-thats-not-his-usual-approach.  But in September 2020 Trump is voicing and sending alerts about this fictional terrorist organization (that, it should be noted, apparently flourished under Trump's watch, to the extent it is not a hoax) given the grave threat that this imaginary outfit poses to law and order everywhere.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/09/13/theyll-attack-your-homes-trump-campaign-sends-antifa-alert-to-supporters/#7088d0792a51

You said the people here tremble in fear of ANTIFA and you come back with Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!

Boring. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You said the people here tremble in fear of ANTIFA and you come back with Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump!!

Boring. 

Hoax.  Trumpers are the only ones worried about Antifa.  The rest of us realize it’s another crackpot conspiracy theory borne of political expedience and necessity because the fat guy’s firewall of gullibles is starting to crack.  

11 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Non-trumper posters have just injected a little bit of intelligence here and there lately.

Double digit IQ is not "injecting" intelligence but could help us understand why people are stupid enough to think Trump told them to "inject" bleach.... ... 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Trumpers are the only ones worried about Antifa.  The rest of us realize it’s another crackpot conspiracy theory borne of political expedience and necessity because the fat guy’s firewall of gullibles is starting to crack.  

Ohhhh now they are worried about them.   Funny how you've changed your tune.  

On 6/25/2020 at 10:43 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can see where some might think that, but that is not really true.

There are some "posters" here with er, multiple personalities (accounts). These Sybil posters are not here to contribute, they are here to stir the pot in a very unconstructive manner.   Sometimes, they hijack a thread with stupidity, name calling, and general drivel.  You keep hitting someone and they are bound to react. And like with some unsportsmanlike calls on the field, it is the person who reacts, not the antagonizer, who gets the penalty.  Better to simply ignore those antics.

The queen of herd immunity group think....Atta girl!