Players who will shape 2020 NFL season: It will be hard for Josh Allen to mess this up

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We have made the playoffs two of the last 3 years

We were 10 and 6 last year

No.....he is part of the solution

So..no screw ups at all is what you’re saying

Maybe you are using a new definition of the term then 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:15 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

Read this yesterday. There’s some solid points but it also just feels like one big well worded passive aggressive shot at Allen. 

is that better or worse than a well worded aggressive passive shot at Allen?

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So..no screw ups at all is what you’re saying

Maybe you are using a new definition of the term then 

I wasnt aware that you had to be totally screw up free in order to be part of the solution.  You do realize that ALL NFL QBs dont play it perfect right?  Why should Josh be held to a higher standard?

19 hours ago, MJS said:

He's usually scrambling if he has more than 3.5 seconds. If he holds the ball that long it's because nobody is open and Allen is scrambling and throwing on the run.

3.5 seconds is a long time after a drop back.

Or he does not SEE someone open.  All QBs have that happen sometimes but with more experience it tends to go down and is not something you can learn without practice.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I wasnt aware that you had to be totally screw up free in order to be part of the solution.  You do realize that ALL NFL QBs dont play it perfect right?  Why should Josh be held to a higher standard?

yes we all seem to realize that.  Yet you were describing him as screw up free (perfect, I.e.) anyway.

my support fir Allen I’ve well documented, but it’s not based in fantasy.  Go back and watch the Texans game.  Most was chaos. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes we all seem to realize that.  Yet you were describing him as screw up free (perfect, I.e.) anyway.

my support fir Allen I’ve well documented, but it’s not based in fantasy.  Go back and watch the Texans game.  Most was chaos. 

I dont recall him being screw up free....if I said something to that effect that is not what I meant.

What I am saying is that Josh Allen literally takes nothing and turns it into something.....a lot.....he has game winning drives...he is a gamer.....he IS what you want at the QB postion if he can just not fumble the ball and hit a deep ball every now and then.

We have seen enough attempts at QB role through here to know what a QB that is holding the team back looks like.  Josh Allen aint that

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You didn’t like the bomb to Dimarco in double coverage?... or the lateral to Knox with 2 minutes left at midfield??

I like Allen too. But he ***** his pants a bit with some pressure in that playoff game. It’s all good. Hopefully that experience pays off. 

Mark Sanchez had a lot of game winning drives. He didn’t last too long.

This year will be a big measuring stick form Josh’s career.... if there is a season.The jury is still way out on him as much as that bothers some fans.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You didn’t like the bomb to Dimarco in double coverage?... or the lateral to Knox with 2 minutes left at midfield??

I like Allen too. But he ***** his pants a bit with some pressure in that playoff game. It’s all good. Hopefully that experience pays off. 

Mark Sanchez had a lot of game winning drives. He didn’t last too long.

This year will be a big measuring stick form Josh’s career.... if there is a season.The jury is still way out on him as much as that bothers some fans.

It is easy to talk about it in hindsite....but if Knox actually catches that lateral the bills win and we are onto the 2nd round of the playoffs

It is Josh Allen's willingness to go for it that actually makes him really really intriguing.......if he can just clean up some of the consistant stuff

22 hours ago, FireChans said:

Folks will call this article a slam against Josh, but almost everyone agrees that next season and the Bills future hinges on Josh. 

Whether you say that by saying “Josh needs to take a step” or “Josh needs to not screw up,” the real message remains the same.

Doesn’t every teams success depend on QB1?

Josh needs to mature further into the QB1 position with eliminating the rookie type mistakes and yes check down a little more.  League lowest #?

Basically, the next 3 years or more will be determined by Josh Allen's ability to play QB, backed up by a solid defense. The OL needs an elite talent addition as does the TE position, but this offense could jump 10 spots in points scored/gm. I hope the D is better than ever.

Edited by GreggTX

On 6/26/2020 at 11:07 PM, John from Riverside said:

It is easy to talk about it in hindsite....but if Knox actually catches that lateral the bills win and we are onto the 2nd round of the playoffs

It is Josh Allen's willingness to go for it that actually makes him really really intriguing.......if he can just clean up some of the consistant stuff

no his willingness to try those two plays makes hims really undisciplined. I’d be the first to call that lateral asinine and get shredded if it was a touchdown too. He’s not at lunch in the schoolyard - that he does that still should worry you not excite you. 

hopefully he learns to play disciplined and actually get the most out of his skill set. We expected growing pains, so I’m not super stressed, but he’s got a good bit to go and not a lot of time before a monster contract is staring us in the face. 

29 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Basically, the next 3 years or more will be determined by Josh Allen's ability to play QB, backed up by a solid defense. The OL needs an elite talent addition as does the TE position, but this offense could jump 10 spots in points scored/gm. I hope the D is better than ever.

Yup. I’d say probably 2 years of “best team he will ever have” around him and then his job gets harder when the pay goes up. He should see a bump up and we will see if he can stay at that level. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Barnwell: Josh Allen needs to evolve for the Bills to take the next step. Can he?

He scrambled for 507 yards that season, the most scramble yards for any quarterback in a single season over the past five years. The only players to scramble for more yards than 

One of the better analyses of Josh after year 2.  Much better than the lame title suggests.  Duh!

The Tyrod Taylor comp is interesting but as I posted elsewhere he could have chosen 2014 or 2017 Cam Newton.  He makes a balanced attempt to put his overall play in context within the offense and sets the stage for what needs to improve in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

One of the better analyses of Josh after year 2.  Much better than the lame title suggests.  Duh!

The Tyrod Taylor comp is interesting but as I posted elsewhere he could have chosen 2014 or 2017 Cam Newton.  He makes a balanced attempt to put his overall play in context within the offense and sets the stage for what needs to improve in 2020.

someone started a the thread on this story 

I see you already posted there