Cowboys/Steelers Hall of Fame Game Canceled, enshrinement ceremony postponed

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Already much speculation that this will be the case. Silver Lining; maybe we won’t play Detroit.

With the way things have been lately, we might actually have people who will be thrilled that we play Detroit.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It definitely makes sense to get rid of the game which typically looks like a scrimmage. The teams will barely be ready for the regular season this year let alone a game like a week into TC. 

I’m wondering if they will induct a 2021 class as well next year or just the 2020 class 

That's what I was thinking? Will they have 2 separate classes next year?

Everyone is missing the point here....with talk that it's a meaningless game.

The real meaning is that A GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED. It has little to do with its importance, but everything to do with crowds or even football players assembling in close quarters. 

This is the beginning that will evolve into no season at all. Of course, just when the Bills were ready to assume some control.

Edited by theRalph

35 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Nascar keeps rolling.  They had 5,000 fans at Talladega on Monday for an amazing race.  Hopefully by mid summer the tracks are at least allowed to be half full.  

As much as I miss high level competitive sports I'd still rather watch the American Cornhole League than Nascar. The only good thing to come out of Nascar that I can think of is Talladega Nights ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

Everyone is missing the point here....with talk that it's a meaningless game.

The real meaning is that A GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED. It has little to do with its importance, but everything to do with crowds or even football players assembling in close quarters. 

This is the beginning that will evolve into no season at all. Of course, just when the Bills were ready to assume some control.

Most people I’ve talked to and media I’ve listened to feel the opposite. Seems like the league doesn’t want any teams to have to report a week early and this allows the Steelers and cowboys to report the same day as everyone else.

in addition to that these are two big name teams with national fan bases who would no doubt be coming in from around the country to party, etc. that’s a recipe for disaster. 

The report of the owners meeting today to hash out any loose ends and optimistic that the NFL will play it’s full reg season schedule adds more credence to that. They can cancel whatever they went until the reg season starts but that is where the money is and that is where the games will be played. Until regular season games are cancelled, I don’t think it’s a bad omen. 

sidenote, this really sucks for Canton, OH. They are losing so much income they depend on from that HOF weekend. Also if you’ve never been to the Pro Football HOF it’s worth the trip especially if you can drive it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

As much as I miss high level competitive sports I'd still rather watch the American Cornhole League than Nascar. The only good thing to come out of Nascar that I can think of is Talladega Nights ? 

I was never a big Nascar fan before this year.  I knew who most of the drivers were, but never gave it much attention over the years.  Usually would watch Daytona and then my interest would flame out by week 2.  But I stuck w it this year, and have not missed a race.  (With the virus there is not a lot else to do on the weekends)  And I find it absolutely fascinating how intense and exciting each race is.  The passion of everyone involved is off the charts.  The fans just go bonkers for their drivers.  It is really cool.  And then when you watch specials on the history of drivers past like Davey Allison, the Dale Earnhardt vs Jeff Gordon rivalry in the early 90's, Michael Waltrip, etc it is really awesome.  (I am a big fan of historical shows on Sports-The NHL Network has had some great shows on the Gretzky led Oilers, the Red Wings and Joe Louis Arena, the 94 Rangers, the 100 years of the NHL, etc over the past few months)  You should give it a try and join Nascar nation.  It is far more entertaining then any sport I have watched and followed beside NFL and College football.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

N-A-S-C-A-R Post-Confederate Flag: New Age Socially Conscious Auto Racing

N-A-S-C-A-R Pre-Confederate Flag: Non Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks

On 6/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Ya know, I never noticed the pope hat before...