What happened last night?

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

That goes on here every day on both sides. Mostly from a small number of people.  The vast majority actually will engage in discussion. It might get heated, but, that is the nature of politics.

I am not a fan of calling specific people out in threads; however, I watched thread after thread being started in which people were being called out, by name (maybe not in the thread title - but in the first post) for being racist or some other vile assertion. I watched post after post of that s**t being posted. People openly stated they reported it to the mods - and nothing happened.

Honestly, what I saw of DR's thread last night was mild to what I have seen here over the last month or so. 

Interesting that his thread is where they drew their line in the sand.

It's called Self Policing. 

I was mini banned for 24 hours for Spamming because I posted a political link in the Shoutbox ... Something the Owner does and when I said as much Sound of Crickets.

Just when you think you've chummed up with the Mod to a level of understanding, they bite you hard.

Sarcasm is often lost and leads to misunderstandings with us Regular Joes and the Mods

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

That's what happens when rules are applied arbitrarily.  Ultimately a human is behind the switches and every human has their own inherent biases, it's not an indictment on any specific person, it's just a fact of life.   I'm generally for a free board and I'd rather have this than how rules are applied over on the other side but there are various posters here whose main purpose is to troll.  They don't actively engage in substantive conversation, they litter the board with troll threads and trolling conversations.

But they do delete their garbage threads when they end up proving they’re idiots. So. That’s nice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

But they do delete their garbage threads when they end up proving they’re idiots. So. That’s nice.

31 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Also for the record - the thread that was deleted contained at least 2 of the same memes that were posted on the last page of the thread on the Off the Wall board that was locked. There was also a post by a certain poster that referenced noosing a US House Representative. The thread needed to be deleted. It became vile. 

1. In general, be a good community member. Don’t be an ####### and everything will be fine.

2. You absolutely cannot start a topic that states the sole purpose of the topic is to dump on another community member while calling them a bunch of childish names.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• SDS locked this topic